The sad state of our world

how I envision politics after a shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTmfwklFM-M

and really most politics
I dont see any any key!
eh, by title I thought this was about South Africa new president announcing that they would expropriate white-owned land without compensation in the same sentence he pretty much said that diversity is their strength. all the while (seemingly) white people smile contently in the audience, what's up with that?

Oblivious
Gun laws won't fix anything here in the U.S.

People are lonely, dejected, and frustrated. Social media is killing the "human" aspect of communication. Everyone is becoming 140 characters or less... or gtfo.

I'm not saying some changes to gun laws wouldn't help a little bit... but at the end of the day the mental health of people in this country is degrading.

Children not being raised by their parents is the primary issue. Wealth inequality and parents not having enough time for their kids really is a problem. A mom/dad can't raise a child and work 3 jobs at the same time. Also since many of the conservative right want to criminalize abortion that doesn't seem to be an "ethical" option.

This will keep happening in the U.S. I just hope eventually people will put their facebook and twitter down and actually try to help their brothers/sisters next to them.
"

People are lonely, dejected, and frustrated. Social media is killing the "human" aspect of communication. Everyone is becoming 140 characters or less... or gtfo.

I'm not saying some changes to gun laws wouldn't help a little bit... but at the end of the day the mental health of people in this country is degrading.

Children not being raised by their parents is the primary issue. Wealth inequality and parents not having enough time for their kids really is a problem. A mom/dad can't raise a child and work 3 jobs at the same time. Also since many of the conservative right want to criminalize abortion that doesn't seem to be an "ethical" option.

This will keep happening in the U.S. I just hope eventually people will put their facebook and twitter down and actually try to help their brothers/sisters next to them.

fully agree
I dont see any any key!
Society is crushing young men.

Whether or not that is seperate from this topic it is true. You see it everywhere.
anything is everything
"

Yeah, i can agree with that, social media will be the death of all of us, the cause of suicide, and the solution to nothing. I have quit most social media other then Reddit because there are communities where i feel like im at home, but facebook is either "selfie with titties showing" this or "#pray4nextamericanmassacre" that. Social media as a whole is a sad situation, we're slowly becoming drones who avoid eye contact because we're dulling our brains to instagrammers with the personality of a fish dying, to streamers who scream more then most domestic abuse being shouted on the streets, to people who think getting likes because of their new memes is a new and fantastic way to fit into society, its a horribly sad situation that will kill us all.

We live in a world where tragedy strikes often, but is heard by none. What i mean by that is simply we are too focused on our social media profiles, and our "likeability" rather then looking at the tragedies..

WE read the headline of a news article that writes "foreign man kills x people on tuesday" and we all flock to facebook, twitter, and argue about politics that we don't understand, heck, POTUS is a fuckface who has zero interest in helping anyone other then himself, what does that make you think of the shitty world we live in?

More and more people are turning to drugs, things like weed, psychadelics, stimulants, just to make life go by easier, it shouldn't be like that, but unfortunately it is, i know that because im a victim of drug abuse, and ive seen one too many people that i know die from it, all because they're sick of how life is now.

Ugh, rant over.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Okay, so I want to speak briefly (edit: ha!) on this whole conspiracy theory angle some people are taking with the Parkland shooting. Well, technically multiple angles with multiple theories, but United in that they're conspiracy theories.

I myself have been bitten by the conspiracy theory bug and went down a particular rabbit hole too deep, just before Election Day 2016. A news channel had unlinked pages on its website where someone had posted "election results" in the typical fancy "election day coverage" presentation, and even though the news channel hadn't linked to it, intrepid members of /pol/ had found the page on their website and were saying it was evidence Clinton had already decided the election in her favor. If I had really thought about it, I would have noticed things like hard red states going blue and hard blue states going red, because in reality they were merely testing the system with semi-random numbers to make sure everything worked properly before the big day. It took me several hours to realize this, during which I made some rather embarrassing posts here.

Recently, I've seen similar things happen with YouTubers I (previously) respected for their levelheadedness. Particularly regarding this whole "David Hogg, crisis actor" nonsense. The same Twitter account that trolled MrSmiley with "Cruz's" communist t-shirt posted an image from a yearbook with David Hogg's picture, then claimed he graduated in California in '15... when the page is actually from his Parkland high school yearbook. There's also an account on Classmates.com with Hogg's picture saying he graduated in California in '15, although anyone can create an account, upload any picture, and claim to be a member of any graduating class (could be the same troll). Lastly there's a video of Hogg talking to a California news channel, but that was during a vacation and proves nothing (except that he enjoys a good victim narrative). In short, all the evidence for the claim is fabricated by trolls (perhaps of the paid and/or Russian variety).

So of course the MSM is jumping on this opportunity to promote the David Hogg conspiracy theory and how crazy right-wingers are unfairly harassing him. Although they might be exaggerating the pervasiveness of this fringe, the sad thing is the core of the harassment story is true. Indulging in such conspiracy theories without vetting the evidence you get (ESPECIALLY on 4chan of all places) is mindbogglingly irresponsible — and I say this as someone who's not immune myself.

I think one reason this shooting is getting so much attention from the Conspiratorium is that, like the 9/11 attacks, there were numerous red flags sent up prior to the incident, and thus represents a serious institutional failure on the part of law enforcement and/or intelligence agencies. As a result, some people see deliberate malice from the FBI where I see gross negligence; where I see stupid, they see evil. (Ever heard of Hanlon's Razor?)

Or they see evidence of David Hogg or Colton Haab appearing to indicate attempts by CNN to script coverage, and assume that's evidence of some vast false flag cover-up as opposed to, say, CNN being their typical far-left propagandist selves. (If you dig deep, David Hogg and his father Kevin both have credible evidence of SJW virtue/victim-signaling prior to the shooting, so yeah, they're far left too. Lots of people are. So yeah, they'd probably be down for saying whatever CNN wants them to.) So what? Doesn't make them crisis actors, at least not in the conventional tinfoil sense of the term.

So I don't know if Ray or Dalai or Smiley or anyone else are wrapped up in this false flag bullshit, but if you are, please stop. You're embarrassing your cause and taking your eyes off the ball when civil liberties are at stake.

For fuck's sake, stop saying student witnesses to the massacre aren't students, unless you have truly bulletproof evidence.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 22, 2018, 3:21:14 PM
'The sad state of our world'

I just outright disagree with the title of the thread, such negativity must surely be a sign of the OP overdosing on 'News' ? ... view ratings are the only measure the news corps are interested in so they keep it divisive, shocking, anything to basically outdo their competition and keep the revenue flowing.

America will do just fine, is doing just fine ... so are us Brits. That we have different gun laws at this moment in time means nothing. The best system for governance doesn't exist yet (may never exist) ... we just have to hope that we can keep evolving our society to suit what's best for our survival and the ecosystem we depend on.

I've been trying to find a documentary that took a UK policeman & NYPD officer and had them switch places. I'll add the link if I can find it, from what I can remember the NYPD officer said he would want his family to grow up in the same safety as he observed in the UK. The UK officer said he appreciated the huge amount of stress the NYPD officers are under.
My criticism of the programme tho was that the UK officer was from a rural area. I don't know how this would skew my opinions drawn from the documentary ? would a rural US officer swapping with a UK London officer feel the same ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info