The sad state of our world

Every time there is a terrorist attack in one of our cities and people gets killed, some ask for change, protection, safer borders in order to avoid these horrible events to repeat itself. But they get called racists and bigots directly.

On the opposite side, everytime there is a shooting in a school and kids gets killed, some ask for change, stricter gun laws to avoid those terrible event to happen again. But then they get called monsters, how dare they using this to push their political agenda.

In the end nothing change, nothing ever change. Can we stop fighting among ourselves and start working together for a brighter future for the sake of our childrens.
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 6:01:23 AM
let's be real here. It's a US problem much more than anything else.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Watching two ideologically opposed Canadians debate US-centric problems.

Sounds about right.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
And I'm just sitting here, on a completely different continent, thinking that the US could REALLY use some stricter gun laws... because I don't see their mentality change anytime soon. It works pretty well in canada from what I heard, so what's the problem in the USA?
I think I'll never understand people. Then again, they usually don't get me either.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
And I'm just sitting here, on a completely different continent, thinking that the US could REALLY use some stricter gun laws... because I don't see their mentality change anytime soon. It works pretty well in canada from what I heard, so what's the problem in the USA?
I think I'll never understand people. Then again, they usually don't get me either.

Actually we have similars laws in Canada for gun control and we have a lot of civilian weaponry here too. It's just the mentality is different, the poverty and some other factors.
"
diablofdb wrote:
Actually we have similars laws in Canada for gun control and we have a lot of civilian weaponry here too. It's just the mentality is different, the poverty and some other factors.

Yeah, sorry, bad choice of words there on my part. What you said was pretty much what I wanted to express there.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
As a US citizen, I couldn't care less about Canada's gun laws. Or the gun laws in Britain, France, etc.

The school in question was designated as a "gun free" zone. Gun free zones don't stop shooters. If anything it guarantees them to be soft targets. I don't really understand the left's positions about gun control and thinking that shooters are somehow going to respect the laws and turn around when they see that magical "gun free zone" sign hanging up. Yeah, totally not supposed to bring a gun in here and shoot people, OK, plan thwarted..... Yeah no.
If you have to go through all the options that don't work first, then arming staff has got to be the next step. When friendly fire becomes a factor in these situations, maybe the US can start looking at sensible solutions after that.
Another Canadian here.

The problem illustrated by the OP isn't whether guns are safe, it is whether you can call a crazy person crazy without being labelled a bigot if that person is a minority or being called a homophobe if you call a homosexual crazy.

The problem is not a US problem, it is a leftist, liberal problem. This problem masquerades around as being politically correct or respectful but what it actually is, is the making of a fragile sheltered and uneducated millennial generation (if i must point this problem at a single generation).

In many ways this is darwinian, the world as we know it will end and these same liberals, sjws, feminists and the countless other binary sects of society will fall victim to natural selection.

All i can personally do is keep my head down until this much needed cleansing occurs

Edit: i mention this because it was clear from interviews post shooting in FL that the shooter was crazy AF but to out him as that would label those saying it as bigots
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Last edited by D3izhistory on Feb 15, 2018, 10:31:35 PM
The US is currently such a politically polarized environment that an adult can't give moral guidance to a child without fearing a lawsuit. If you're a left-wing teacher and tell a kid it's okay to pursue a gender identity other than the one you're born with, you risk getting your own personal article on Breitbart with someone in the comment section advocating you be sent to a gas chamber. If you're a right-wing teacher and you encourage the kid to pray the gay away, you'll be lucky to be able to find employment anywhere after the social justice brigade is done crucifying you on Twitter.

Not getting any but the driest, most euphemized responses from school officials, the troubled teen returns home to parents who don't consider moral guidance to be their job. I saw a Super Bowl ad this year that promoted a vitamin D supplement for helping eyes handle blue light, then jokingly asked a family "or you could put down your divices for a moment" followed by a Goodfellas-style uproar of mocking laughter. It's increasingly normal for family to be little more than roommates.

As the ad implies, the typical parental solution is to schedule the youth with a psychiatrist visit. Since counciling typically suffers the same problems inherent to advice from the schools, the "solution" tends to be an artificial high, repeated daily. Big Pharma is making billions off of the dissolution of the nuclear family, without even providing a viable alternative to replace it.

Some of these drug-addled zombies end up shooting up schools. No skin off Big Pharma's nose.

Ultimately, I think the best solution is threefold:
1. Eliminate gun-free zones and allow teachers to carry. This doesn't really solve the problem but can limit casualties in the meantime.
2. Crack down on Big Pharma, especially regarding the prescription of drugs with known violent side effects to teenagers. We need more cases where consulting a psychiatrist results not in a prescription, but in the refusal to provide one.
3. Most importantly, bring back a free speech culture wherein a grown adult can provide potentially flawed advice to a teenager without fear of Big Brother's reprisal. No, not every grown-up is going to tell your kid advice you agree with under such a system. They might say things you hate or find offensive. But as Professor Peterson recently noted during a Channel 4 interview, without the permission to offend we lack the freedom to share our thoughts. We cannot continue to allow a system under which non-parent role models are prohibited from giving moral guidance to our children. It'd be nice if we could count on parents to raise their own children, but we can't.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 16, 2018, 12:42:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info