[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

wich Belt is better

"
OldSmeller wrote:
Will we see any changes for the new expansion?

It's impossible to answer your question without the patchnote.

"
pu55y5l4y3r wrote:
wich Belt is better

The only usefull affixe on The Flow Untethered is the %ES recovery rate.

The 2 rares a from ok to good ones. The second looks pretty correct if you can find cold res on the rest of your stuff.
Loving this build so far am level 66 and most things are a breeze with only 3 auras on

having trouble getting hold of rune boots thats my biggest head ache and cant afford death's door boots yet.

Thanks for an amazing build
"
Astorma wrote:
Loving this build so far am level 66 and most things are a breeze with only 3 auras on

having trouble getting hold of rune boots thats my biggest head ache and cant afford death's door boots yet.

Thanks for an amazing build

From what I see :

- Buy a Memory Vault 150+ES/190+Mana (those stats are good even in end game) for ~5-10c (here);
- Buy a paire of Sin trek 150+ES (good enought for end game) for ~5-10c (here);
- Buy a 28+dex Prism Guardian for ~5c (here)
- Buy a random Astramantis for ~15c (here)
- Buy a recovery belt for ~2-20c (here)
- Buy a random Shavronne for 20c (here)

And try this tree for the moment. And this one for your 5-10 next levels.
Quick question, sin trek vs death's door. I have a pair of death's door with 2% enchant and thinking of getting sin treks instead
Last edited by zj0ckez on Nov 21, 2018, 5:20:20 AM
Im not able to reach the dps in this thread even with recommended gears. I'm as tho using a different spell something sounds fishy.
"
mqta1964 wrote:
Im not able to reach the dps in this thread even with recommended gears. I'm as tho using a different spell something sounds fishy.

You're missing Holy fire node, witchfire brew and some more skills point trees. Check my profile and character or Lagrossesimones passives tree
Last edited by zj0ckez on Nov 22, 2018, 1:17:40 AM
"
zj0ckez wrote:
Quick question, sin trek vs death's door. I have a pair of death's door with 2% enchant and thinking of getting sin treks instead

It's not realy Death Door or Sin Trek. Death Door should be considered as a QoL switch for situation where you are under Vulnerability (map mod or in U.Lab on Font days).

The normal situation for boots is, Sin Trek for a cheap high ES/30 move pair of boots, or some rare boots.

"
mqta1964 wrote:

The dps of this build is based on 2 sources of dmg :
- Righteous Fire that provide like 25-30% of the total dps ;
- Scorching Ray that provide like 70-75% of the total dps.

Both skills are working in the same way :
- Fire dmg based ;
- Does not hit and apply a degen.
Both skills are taking benefits from almost exactly the same buffs :
- Elemental Equilibrium because you hit with different and secondary skills : shield charge or Orb of Storm ;
- Elemental Overload that will be proc with Orb of Storm + inc crit strike support gem ;
- and some specific affixe like %burning dmg ; % fire dmg ; % damage over time ; % damage (some affixe works only on one of the 2 skills so I do not suggest to look for them except as a 4th affixes bonus on jewels). This make the tree and the affixes on stuff and jewels works in synergy.

Right now, you are playing a setup of 2 spells. And those 2 spells does not taking benefit from same source of dmg buff :
- It's two differents elements skills dmg. Like this, it's mostly impossible to looks for buffs from some specifics elements dmg buff nodes ;
- One of your skill hit, while the second doesn't and only degen ;
- You may get bonus dmg from Elemental Overload, but you dont stated in it. And even if you do it this should be proced with a skill that hit, so with your Freezing Pulse, but your gem setup does not provide high crit chance. Like this you miss 40% more damage for both of your skills ;
- You can take benefit from Elemental Equilibirum because Freezing Pulse hit, so you will buff monster cold res. It will help with RF, but your dps with Freezing pulse will be dog shit. So this spell makes EE totaly unusable. And EE provide something like a 40% more dps buff.
- You can't get so much dps buff from some affixe because thoses 2 skills are not using the same element, and does not take benefit from the same source of dmg buff affixes on stuffs and jewels.
- So this force you to play a different tree and miss all the synergy effect from tree and stuff.

Because all of this, you end up with an extremly low general dps.
As I told you tiwce, you are playing a different build. I don't know if it's possible to make it works in this way. But I'm sure that here, we cannot provide help unless you try to play the build and use the proper gems setup and tree. It's like trying to look in 2 differents direction at the same time.

I'm realy sorry, but right now I can only suggest you to drop Freezing Pulse in order to play Scorching Ray, and to follow the tree and stuff recommandations, or to look for an other topic that use Freezing Pulse.
Otherwise I don't think you will find peoples competent to help you with your problem (I don't know for others, but personnaly I'm not).

Hope this helped you to understand why all you did does not works in terme of dps.

Best regards.

/Edit :

I will give a more detailed explaination with stat comparaison from PoB.
I will do a quick comparaison between 3 different builds, zzang's uber elder pob, my std rf, and your current character.

Here is the PoB used for each setup :
Your char : https://pastebin.com/ARhpc3qu
zzang : https://pastebin.com/6SJaZ8L8
My std RF : https://pastebin.com/6cXmFkrs

First this is the options checkmarked in PoB "Config" sheet (it's the normal buff you should have against boss) :
Spoiler

NB : while your current character does not have EE, it's not possible to checkmark the option related to it.

Here is the different dps for each characters :
Spoiler

On the left part you have a quick comparaison of dps SR vs FP, on the central part you have a quick dps comparaison of RF dps in conc effect.

As you can see, zzang and my RF have similare stats and dps (his rf dps is higher because of the ES/life difference, my SR is higher because of my SR helmet enchant).

Now just take a look of the detailed buff of each skill for each build :
Spoiler

We will take a look at the orange board. This section provide you a lot of informations on your dps.
You have 2 parts in the board :
- The lines part.
Here we only focus on 2 lines. The "Total increased" and "Total more" lines.
- The column part :
Here we will only focus on the relevant column. So we only look closely for "All type" and the element of the skill. If non related column show some buffs, they will certainly won't provide any effective buffs.

So, now let begin the comparaison.

So for your character you have all thoses buff for your FP dps :
- 351% all type inc dmg + 159% cold inc dmg ;
- 64% all type more dmg + 51% cold more dmg ;
- ~20k average cold dmg.

zzang have for his SR :
- 200% all type inc dmg + 335% fire inc dmg ;
- 1958% all type more dmg + 230% fire more dmg ;
- 1.34 multiplcator (EE + SR fire res debuff) ;

My RF have for his SR :
- 232% all type inc dmg + 315% fire inc dmg ;
- 2209% all type more dmg + 228% fire inc dmg ;
- 1.38 multiplicator (EE + SR fire res debuff + despair).

The number should talk by themselves. Your FP have like 115% more dmg buff vs over 2300-2400% more dmg for zzang and me.

Note : you can have the detail about the source of each number.

And for RF :

Your character :
- 116% all type inc dmg + 114% fire inc dmg ;
- 54% all type more dmg + 131% fire more dmg ;

zzang :
- 138% all type inc dmg + 335% fire inc dmg ;
- 55% all type more dmg + 226% fire more dmg ;
- 1.34 multiplcator (EE + SR fire res debuff) ;

My RF :
- 142% all type inc dmg + 315% fire inc dmg ;
- 54% all type more dmg + 221% fire inc dmg ;
- 1.38 multiplicator (EE + SR fire res debuff + despair).

Same conclusion for RF. With zzang we have extremly similar amount of buffs. Mostly from fire type buffs. On the other hand because of your dual element setup, your fire type buffs are extremly low.

Lastly, I think it's necessary to point the source of those diffrences in number. And here again, PoB provide extremly worthy informations.

When you put your mousse cursor on one of the number of the "Calcs" you will have the details of the source of all of those numbers (each affixe from each items, skill from the tree, skill gems, etc.).
I will highly suggest you to take a look for this part on your own. Explaining every number will be redundant, long and won't prove more the points I explained before.

With this I hope you will have every information to understand your problem.

Good luck !

Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Nov 22, 2018, 9:59:15 AM
ty LAGROSSESIMONE , i will check now! Elemental overload looks like his source of damage.
I wonder what are pros/cons for having 6L RF + 4L SR vs 6L SR + 4L RF
Also I wanna try pure RF build but I'm having doubts if its viable at all.
Last edited by mkdnpna on Nov 22, 2018, 4:31:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info