[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Hi, i'm following the "level 92 15-25ex budget" from LAGROSSESIMONE, even without the Extra mana watcher's eye, 'cause i'm a noob yet and don't know how i'll farm 10ex+. I did many t15 and guardians with ease, but it takes too long to kill them, i want some tips on how to improve the dmg, i saw the page 1 of the build and the opal rings too. What stats i should look for ? Str / Int / ES / Mana ? in that priority order ? Here's my pastebin if you don't mind about wasting your time helping me.

I don't know how to link my jewels but the pastebin show them. And i'll get 3 blue on the boots for Orb of storms + arcane surge + inc crit.

Thanks in advance !

ps. sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian.

https://pastebin.com/WVhspGD4

My items

and many thanks for any help y'all can offer !
Last edited by dark_la99 on Nov 7, 2018, 12:27:42 PM
Hi guys,

I'm looking to improve dps on my gears. I'm running a similar build with with Freezing pulse.

My paste bin
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/Apqax6NS

Gears:

dps is still low. pls suggestions ty!
@dark_la99 you need a +1 socket body amour i think. that helps for me. maybe try the jewels too?
"
Severinze wrote:
[...]

Ok. To anwser you question we should look about your regen.
Right now you have +727.6 raw "Net life regen". Personnaly I would not consider doing Uber Elder with less than 650 raw net life regen. So we can assume it's good.
With the regen corruption Memory Vault you should end up at 970+raw Net life regen.

While you have the choice between the two corruption, I would like to suggest you to keep both helmet and do like this :

- Regen corruption MV : For hard fight, maps with shity but doable maps mods. In other words, it's more or less a situationnal helmet choice.
- Burning corruption MV : For most of the time. You will have a better dps with RF and SR which means a better clear speed and a higher dps in boss fight. If you feel squishy with this one, switch for the regen one.

At a certain point of dps, you will feel confortable with the burning one even in end game content. At this time, you may sell the regen one for extra currecy.

"
dark_la99 wrote:
Hi, i'm following the "level 92 15-25ex budget" from LAGROSSESIMONE, even without the Extra mana watcher's eye, 'cause i'm a noob yet and don't know how i'll farm 10ex+. I did many t15 and guardians with ease, but it takes too long to kill them, i want some tips on how to improve the dmg, i saw the page 1 of the build and the opal rings too. What stats i should look for ? Str / Int / ES / Mana ? in that priority order ? Here's my pastebin if you don't mind about wasting your time helping me.

I don't know how to link my jewels but the pastebin show them. And i'll get 3 blue on the boots for Orb of storms + arcane surge + inc crit.

Thanks in advance !

ps. sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian.

https://pastebin.com/WVhspGD4

My items

and many thanks for any help y'all can offer !

Your dps issue vs guardian is quite easy to understand.

With your current 6L VRF + 3+1L SR setups, against Shaper with EE & EO, you have :
RF dps (with conc effect) : 170k dps
SR dps 8 stages : 116k dps
170 + 116 = 286k total dps against shaper with EE & EO (no flask).

If you switch your setup for a 6L SR + 4L RF you would have, with same buff :
RF dps (with conc effect) : 116k dps
SR dps 8 stages : 297k dps
116 + 297 = 413k total dps agains Shaper with EE & EO (no flask).

A simple swith from 6L RF to a 6SR should provide you 30% more total dps.

On top of this I may add some few correction in your tree. You have few point missplaced. You should respect them. And also, you should switch your bandit reward for the +2 skills point considering your level of stuff.

At the same time, sell your Enlighten 3 and buy a lvl 2. You don't need more. Atm you have 5% unreserved mana. You should do your possible to reserve as much mana as possible and leave only the necessary to cast SR, your move skill and Orb of Storm (~40 mana should be enought). The more mana you reserve, the more ES and Armour you will get, thanks to our ascendency and Memory Vault.
So drop your Enlighten 3 for a lvl 2, balance your mana reservation with the level of your Clarity, and do few correction in your tree.

https://pastebin.com/5EXHm7rN

"
mqta1964 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm looking to improve dps on my gears. I'm running a similar build with with Freezing pulse.

My paste bin
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/Apqax6NS

Gears:

dps is still low. pls suggestions ty!

I would be happy to help you but I won't be able to provide you any help with a totaly different build that I do not know.

But few questions :

- Why playing Freezing Pulse over Scorching Ray ? What's the point of this spell ?
- Why running a spell that cost a lot of mana on a build that is Mana Guardian based ?
- Why do you play 3 curses that you have to cast mannualy, without any source of +1 curse in your tree or stuff ?

This Freezing Pulse fuck up almost everything in this build. You cannot play EE, that's why I suppose you didn't took it. And I think it's the same for EO while you don't have any source of crit that would help you to proc it ?
Thise make you losing a lot of dmg.

Currently I cannot provide you any help here. The best I may provide would be some questions and pointing the fact that using as a main (or secondary ?) dps source a realy costy cold spell force you to go in two opposit way : a non crit costy casting cold spell, and a RF build which is based on burning and fire dmg.
The result is necessarly horrible in this situation, and I don't realy know how to help you except by suggesting you to play the build. This would not need so much effort to fixe your tree, your stuff and your gems setups.
But this means droping a build you probably wanted to play. And I don't know if you are ready to do it.

Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Nov 7, 2018, 1:34:21 PM
"
"
Severinze wrote:
[...]

Ok. To anwser you question we should look about your regen.
Right now you have +727.6 raw "Net life regen". Personnaly I would not consider doing Uber Elder with less than 650 raw net life regen. So we can assume it's good.
With the regen corruption Memory Vault you should end up at 970+raw Net life regen.

While you have the choice between the two corruption, I would like to suggest you to keep both helmet and do like this :

- Regen corruption MV : For hard fight, maps with shity but doable maps mods. In other words, it's more or less a situationnal helmet choice.
- Burning corruption MV : For most of the time. You will have a better dps with RF and SR which means a better clear speed and a higher dps in boss fight. If you feel squishy with this one, switch for the regen one.

At a certain point of dps, you will feel confortable with the burning one even in end game content. At this time, you may sell the regen one for extra currecy.

You are a god among men, THANK YOU for your help!!
"
"
dark_la99 wrote:
[...]

Your dps issue vs guardian is quite easy to understand.

With your current 6L VRF + 3+1L SR setups, against Shaper with EE & EO, you have :
RF dps (with conc effect) : 170k dps
SR dps 8 stages : 116k dps
170 + 116 = 286k total dps against shaper with EE & EO (no flask).

If you switch your setup for a 6L SR + 4L RF you would have, with same buff :
RF dps (with conc effect) : 116k dps
SR dps 8 stages : 297k dps
116 + 297 = 413k total dps agains Shaper with EE & EO (no flask).

A simple swith from 6L RF to a 6SR should provide you 30% more total dps.

On top of this I may add some few correction in your tree. You have few point missplaced. You should respect them. And also, you should switch your bandit reward for the +2 skills point considering your level of stuff.

At the same time, sell your Enlighten 3 and buy a lvl 2. You don't need more. Atm you have 5% unreserved mana. You should do your possible to reserve as much mana as possible and leave only the necessary to cast SR, your move skill and Orb of Storm (~40 mana should be enought). The more mana you reserve, the more ES and Armour you will get, thanks to our ascendency and Memory Vault.
So drop your Enlighten 3 for a lvl 2, balance your mana reservation with the level of your Clarity, and do few correction in your tree.

https://pastebin.com/5EXHm7rN

"
mqta1964 wrote:
[@dark_la99 you need a +1 socket body amour i think. that helps for me. maybe try the jewels too?]

Sure i will sir, thanks too !

Omg you read it, many thanks LAGROSSESIMONE, i'll do what you said. Cheers and congrats for that Old City Hideout :D.
Hello,

i am using your guide to make my LL RF guardian.

can you please have a look on my build and maybe you can give me some hints about what to improve in terms of DPS or regen, etc...

https://pastebin.com/jsd8U5r7

any suggestions are welcome and appreciated

thank you

"
dark_la99 wrote:
Omg you read it, many thanks LAGROSSESIMONE, i'll do what you said. Cheers and congrats for that Old City Hideout :D.

I just forgot to explain 1-2 things :

1. Why this 6L switch ?

If you have looked the RF ladderboard in Delve, most of them are playing a 6L VRF setup. With this, 6L VRF became in a way a sorte of "meta" setup for Guardian LL RF build.
It is certainly a realy efficient setup for Delve. It brings a lot of AOE dmg, and increase the quality of the gameplay in Delve and the clear speed instances. So, it's more or less understandable to see this setup becoming meta for Delve.

But, as exposed with my quick calculation in my previous message, even if the 6L VRF bring more dps, it's not the setup that provide the highest dps for this build.
In terme of pur total dps, a 6L SR setup will easily surpass a 6L VRF setup.
And this can be easily explained because most of the dps of this build come from SR.

And in guardian fight, you mostly need the highesst dps, and can ignore all the clear speed problematics. So here, SR will always be better.

2. About the +1 lvl socketed gem corruption in Shavronne, as mqta1964 suggested ...

With all my mighty respect, I would not support this suggestion without a proper explaination, even if I play one on my Standard RF and even if zzang has showed one in the first post.

I don't think it was a wise advice that mqta1964 did when he posted his message.
Firstly, because no one suggested you to switch from a 6L VRF to a 6L SR before my post, and it came after his post. So we can assume he suggested this without looking your chest gem setup, or without considering you were playing a 6L VRF.

Secondly, if you checked closely the wiki of RF gem, you should have noticed that leveling RF will not increase the dmg or RF. Adding quality to your RF gem will not increas your dmg with RF.
A lvl 1 or a lvl 21 RF will always provide the same amount of dps :
"Enemies Burn for 40% of your maximum Life/ES per second as Fire Damage". This like will never change while leveling this gem. So a +1 corruption won't buff your dps.
It will only change the %more spell dmg your RF will grant to your other spell dmg (here SR).
And it will only make you gain 1% more dps per supported gems.
So to say it quickly, this solution on a 6L VRF won't worth it.

At the same time, this corruption is also one of the best and most solide dps buff you may get for min maxing your build. But only if you are playing a 6L SR.
SR is a spell that provide a flat dps. And this dps will be buffed for each extra level you will get. So a lvl 1 SR will do less dmg than a lvl 5 and both will do less dmg than a lvl 20, and so on.
So idealy, yeah, a 6L SR will be an extremly solide dps buff for your build. But you need to have a lvl 21 SR. And you should couple it to an Empower 4 gem. Like this your SR will hit the lvl 26. In comparaison of pur an brut dps range, a lvl 20 SR provide 388.3 dps. and a lvl 26 will provide you 757.6 dps. It's almost twice more dps.

So technicaly, it's the best dps upgrade you may get if we do not take the price in consideration.
But we all know that we should always take in consideration the price of an upgrade. Because it will define the ratio %inc stat/currency.
And here, we are talking about a ~50ex upgrade.
Imo, we should concentrate ourself on getting a Watcher Eye with the proper affixe before considering this type of upgrade. So I will not support this suggestion unless you are :
1. playing a 6L SR setup ;
2. overstuffed and don't know what to do with your currency.

Technicaly, his advice is fully working.
But this advice does not fit your need for the moment IMHO.

"
n3gr3an wrote:
Hello,

i am using your guide to make my LL RF guardian.

can you please have a look on my build and maybe you can give me some hints about what to improve in terms of DPS or regen, etc...

https://pastebin.com/jsd8U5r7

any suggestions are welcome and appreciated

thank you

Major mistakes :
- Your Unset ring have some flat fire dmg. This ruin your EE proc. You must change this ring.
- You miss way too much jewels sock. You should respect some ES nodes and get at very least 2 more jewels.

Minor mistakes :
- Your boots are worst than a well rolled pair of Sin Trek. Get yourself a good pair of Sin Trek.
- Your rare jewel miss the %ES. It's mandatory. If you are low on currency, take a %ES / %Burning dmg. This should not cost more than 10c in magic quality.
- Get a pair of Shaper's Touch with +2 AOE or +2 Aura corruption. This should help you a lot with your purity.

With this you should be good.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Nov 8, 2018, 4:08:43 PM
Hi, I'm following this guide or something like that xD
I would like you to help me in what you think I can or should improve since at the moment I have 8k of ES, you can see my profile and there is my guardian and excuse me if this something badly written is that I use the google translator.
Thank you very much in advance :)
@LAGROSSESIMONE

Thank you a lot for your feedback

Regarding the unset ring, i know that is bad due to flat fire dmg, but up to now is the best in slot that i can have. For sure is the no1 priority in change.
During boss fight i pay attension when i use Shield Charge and Orb of storm to be sure that i proc EE only from OoS.

I take in consideration to replace my gloves and boots according to your sugestion and i am looking for decent roll of Sin Trek and also Shaper with +2 corruption

As for the pasive tree, can you plese give me a suggestion about how to respec ? To take two more jewel slots, this will help me.

Thank you again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info