[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Lordados wrote:
I have 200k PoB DPS, you have 1 million+... not sure how, my gear is pretty similar and I have almost 15k ES https://pastebin.com/0HZW7FGe

To explain it quick :

- Lvl 83 vs lvl 100 ;
- You don't have Holy Fire wheel (it's a ~31.2% dps buff) ;
- You don't have Grow & Decay wheel (it's a ~8.7% dps buff) ;
- You have 13.550 ES while zzang have 17k ;
- You play 4 Healthy Mind, while zzang play only one and rest are jewels with 2 dps mods ;
- Your rare jewels are bad ;
- Inc Crit strike is useless in Shield Charge setup. Replace it with Added Lightning dmg or Added Cold dmg if you don't want to swich one of your ring with a flat elem dmg affixe in order to proc EE ...

You have to understand a basic thing for this build :
A huge part of the dps came from rare jewels. And to be a bit ballanced you should look for this base : %ES / 2-3 dps mods (burning, dot, dmg, fire dmg (spell dmg or aoe dmg works but not on both RF & SR so I would not recommand them)).

So from this point, correct your tree, level up your character and do the little stuff modifications needed, and you will be good for the dps.

Last but not least, be realy carefull with your regen. From what I see, you have a negative regen of -199.6 Net regen. Time of Need may cover the lost most of time, but you will be in difficulty a the moment you get too much hit that prevent your ES to start to recharge. Aim for a +300 net regen in PoB without any buff of any sort (just enable your aura (but not vaal aura) and that's all).

"
Tides5 wrote:
Whats the gem setup?
Please don't say it's in the pastebin. That should be a secondary option for those that use it. I don't and i'm not alone.

Sorching Ray :

Scorching Ray - Elemental Focus - Burning Dmg - Controled Destruction - Efficacy - Swift Afflication
If you have a +1 Shavronne armore, SR must be level 21 and you only have to replace Swift Afflication for Empower 4.

RF :
Vaal RF - Burning Dmg - Elemental Focus - Inc AOE / Conc Effect

Prism Guardian setup (those gems MUST be socketed in this item) :
Determination - Purity of Fire - Purity of Light or Ice (you can sock any other aura with 35% reservation if you want, but it's imo the best for most peoples).

Shaper's Touch setup (Those gems should be socketed in this item if you have an aura corruption buff) :
Enlighten - Discipline - Vitality - Purity of Ice or Light (depend on which one you socketed in Prism Guardian)

Orb of Storms :
Orb of Storms - Inc Crit strike - Arcane Surge lvl 7 max (DO NOT level it over lvl 7, otherwise Arcane surge won't proc because of mana cost)

Move skill setup of your choice :
Shield charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify (added cold/light dmg if you don't have elem dmg on ring for EE proc)
Whirling Blade - Faster Attacks - Fortify (Added cold/light dmg just like Shield Charge). Note Whirling Blade will only works if you are playing Dreadbeak, so it's a bit closed move skill setup
Lightning Wrap - Faster Casting - Less duration
Phase Run - Inc duration - Enhanced
etc.

You should have one extra sock (ring or in one of your 4L setup) for Clarity. The level of Clarity can vary considering your unreserved mana. You should stop leveling Clarity at the moment you won't be able to cast your Orb of Storm. If you have a large amount of unreserved mana (like 3* the cost of OoS) you must level your Clarity gem in order to reserve more mana, and so convert more mana reserved in armor (Memory Vault) and in ES (Radiant Faith & Watcher's Eye).
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Sep 21, 2018, 8:08:09 AM
A random question... do you guys find Death's Door really useful for this build? It doesn't give much ES and bleeding isn't something hard to handle. For a similar budget (or less) I may have just bought a Sin Trek with 2% regen enchant.

Just asking because I've just got myself a few ex profit and I am not sure which upgrades are more crucial than the others.

Edit: Just got back to pc. This is my current build:

https://pastebin.com/XDYf4MGm

I've got 4 ex to spend, and I think the available choice includes:
a. Regen Sin Trek/ Plain Death's Door + lv 3 Enlighten
b. Presence of Chayula (would need extra dex source though)
c. Just save up for mana to ES watcher's eye

I have searched for quite some time to see if there is good rings/belt for upgrade but failed to find any that I liked... and yeah I know I am missing a jewel I will fill that up soon.
Last edited by SheolFear on Sep 21, 2018, 11:43:21 AM
DD is more or less a QoL boots. But since the corruption reworks, we can find some anti-bleed source with rings corruption, alought it's hard to get.
The only situation I found it usefull is when we are cursed with Vulnerability with a map mods or with font in uber lab. With Vulnerability the bleeding can be deadly, otherswise a simple anti-bleed flask will do the job most of the time.

Sin Trek is a cheap solution. But keep in mind you may get excellent boots with Fossil craft. They can meet the leagacy ES boots and got over 200ES. So don't miss the opportunity to get a good pair of rare boots with fossil craft.

For your budget question SheolFear, there is 2 relevant possibility :
- Get a 6L Shavronne ;
- Get a proper Watcher's Eye with the Clarity buff.

Imho, your whole tree and build should be base on your Watcher's Eye. And we clearly see it with zzang's trees. Most peoples who come here for help does not get how he get so much regen and so much stats, while the main reason is because he have a Watcher's Eye with a Clarity buff AND a regen buff at the same time. This gives him an incredible flexibility in his tree. That's why he drop so much regen nodes and focus on ES and dps, while a budget build have to drop some ES and dps in order to focus on regen.

On the side of the 6L it only change your SR dps. So basicaly your build is not based on the difference between 5 and 6L.

my2cents.
"

So from this point, correct your tree, level up your character and do the little stuff modifications needed, and you will be good for the dps.

Thanks for the response.

I have upgraded the jewels to 2 damage mods and got the damage nodes in the tree, I'm down to 10k ES but it is feeling smoother, just not quite smooth enough for high tier maps.

I guess I'll try to find some good opals since 2 of them will give me 50% inc damage, but it's almost impossible to find good ones with all the ES, life, mana, strength and int mods.

Then I guess I should just get levels and get quality on gems? Outside of that I can't think of any other ways to increase the damage

https://pastebin.com/Y1gsmYFd
I can not understand why so little damage. Rings and a belt can be replaced, + 1 jewel, but this situation with damage will not greatly change.

https://pastebin.com/fMnht1wi

"
Asaedd wrote:
I can not understand why so little damage. Rings and a belt can be replaced, + 1 jewel, but this situation with damage will not greatly change.

https://pastebin.com/fMnht1wi

You are missing 2 jewels socket. You are forgeting about the sock in Scion area.
2 jewels sock means ~ 55-60%inc dmg / +16%ES. It start to make a clear difference.

At the same time, you should start to look for some end game upgrade :
- Lvl 21/20 SR gem ;
- Opal base rings ;
- Aim for a Burning Damage corruption on Memory Vault (and then a +2AOE/Aura corruption on Shaper's Touch).

With those few change you should reach 400k dps in SR against Shaper and with EE/EO proced.

And the next step for dmg upgrade will be a +1 Shavronne with Empower 4 for a lvl 26 SR (this should brings you to something like over 500k SR dps).
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Sep 21, 2018, 4:06:43 PM
Could someone please look at my build (except oak how can I change my build?) I die crazy quickly....please post updated pastebin of the tree I should have.. (character name is YaoAsakura)....(I know I dont have scorching ray yet).
How do you take mind over matter and still manage to not have 0 mana all the time to use shield charge, scorching ray, i know MoM adds a lot of maximum mana but how, i can't get around that
"
Shorbagy wrote:
How do you take mind over matter and still manage to not have 0 mana all the time to use shield charge, scorching ray, i know MoM adds a lot of maximum mana but how, i can't get around that

Mind over matter has no effect in this build because damage is only taken from mana "before life", not before energy shield. The build take MoM only for the huge mana nodes behind it. With the large mana pool the natural mana regen should be enough for skills like shield charge and scorching ray which are not too mana demanding.
"
SheolFear wrote:
"
Shorbagy wrote:

Mind over matter has no effect in this build because damage is only taken from mana "before life", not before energy shield. The build take MoM only for the huge mana nodes behind it. With the large mana pool the natural mana regen should be enough for skills like shield charge and scorching ray which are not too mana demanding.

thanks a lot that makes sense :D i was creating a chieftan who had mind over matter for the hybrid flask that gives quantity and had blood magic on my shield charge, so i couldn't figure out how es would fare, thanks a lot :D im taking the node right now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info