[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Leech mechanic is specific to hits, and since neither rf nor sr do not hit since they are damage over time you would not benefit from leech at all.
Last edited by Grozaa on Sep 18, 2018, 2:27:55 PM
"
3ryk wrote:
guys i facetank almost every content of the game but have problem with something.... shaper is dying on red elder encounter. any idea how can i fix it? i tried decoy totem but it didnt help much.

and if any1 can check my profile to help me what should i do next, would be awsome. i know belt and rings could be better, but i dont think they would change much. i got 10.4k es atm

I was having the same issue - i fixed it by using frost wall, i take out my increase crit and place it there for the fight - it's amazing. I have now done elder 4x with no shaper dying.
"
3ryk wrote:
guys i facetank almost every content of the game but have problem with something.... shaper is dying on red elder encounter. any idea how can i fix it? i tried decoy totem but it didnt help much.

and if any1 can check my profile to help me what should i do next, would be awsome. i know belt and rings could be better, but i dont think they would change much. i got 10.4k es atm

For Red Elder it's simple. Just use Frost Wall. Personnaly I just put it in an unset ring and switch it with one of my ring :

In a Shaper's Touch + Doon setup, it's better for your overall stats to have str/intel/dex/es/mana than %fire.

Let's consider a base ring have those stats :
40str/40intel/40ES/40mana.
So just on rings you will get 80str/80intel/80ES/80mana.
Each type of characteristics will provide some specifics buffs. 10 Intel = 2%ES & 5mana. 10 Str = 5hp. And this will be buffed by Shaper & Doon.
So they will provide 10%dmg + 40hp + 32%ES + 80ES + 160Mana.

The same can be done to your belt. They are low rolled, so you lose a lot of stats (defensives & offensives stats).

So yeah you should works on your rare rings and belt. And you also should work on the Watcher's Eye in order to get a Clarity Mana to ES version.

"
Poldo6 wrote:
[...]
1) First and foremost: for some reason my regen is negative, and I don't understand why... here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/2C2KR0MK

2) Not quite sure about stats importance for this build. How do I weight them in order of importance? STR > ES > MANA > INT? Which one can I afford to drop from my rares? Is INT actually important or kind of a bonus stat?

3) Is Fortify really necessary with that much armor? I like the movement speed of Shield Charge, but it doesn't cross ledges so I'd rather use another movement skill (or even two if I can drop fortify).

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. You just copy/past zzang maping tree ignoring the fact he have an extremly min-maxed stuff with a watcher's eye that buff his regen.
Try this tree instead, it should help you a lot : https://pastebin.com/PBAm896J
Ah and you should switch your boots for some Sin Trek with a high ES roll. It's like a 1c boots, and this will help you a lot with your ES and your regen.
And I will join Grozaa on the fact that some of your items are realy poorly rolled and cost you precious stats. It's realy sad because you could get higher roll for few chaos, and will help a bit for a cheap price.
In comparaison, this is a 150c build lvl 90 with 9.7ES, 380+ regen, 82/81/82res 43k armor : https://pastebin.com/znJDgwF6
Imo, it's way more relevant than the pob of Grozaa (his stuff is way more expensive than yours).

For a general note on sustaining RF. RF degen is based on our life (90%) and ES (70%) pool. But it is reduced by our fire res.
At the same time, our regen is based on % of our max ES pool. So the more ES we have, the more regen we will get. And to this, we should add all flat ES. And except map mods, those regen buff does not suffer any reduction of any kind.
So after a certain level of ES, increasing your ES pool will leads to increasing your flat ES regen.

2. Intel is extremly important. It provide you some ES, some mana (which will be convert in ES). But globaly, Str is more important because it provide %dmg, %ES, flat mana and flat life. Dex is needed only in order to wear stuff and gems. We need some dex on ring because at high level we drop Astramantis of Presence of Chayula or a rare amu, and with Chayula, we will need a lot of dex for move skills supports and Purity of Ice lvl 20-21. ES is mandatory for survivability and RF dmg. Mana is mandatory when it's rollable because we convert it in flat armor and in ES.

For rings : Don't look for specific base in a first time. When you will have the currency, looks for Opal or a corrupted one with "Cannot bleed" corruption
Ring 1 : 40+str/45+dex/40+intel/40+ES or 60+Mana and space in order to master craft ES or Mana that is missing.
Ring 2 : 40+str/40+intel/40+ES/60+Mana/Flat cold or light dmg (you can toke one without mana or es or flat if you can master craft the missing stats).

For belt : Look for Heavy belt if possible, or Crystal belt (but this last one are more rare). Heavy belt provide more stats in all my tests.
Look for thoses stats :
20+str (explicite) / 20+ES or 25+Cold res / 16+ES recovery rate. Mastercraft what is missing, ES or Cold Res.
If you are playing in Delve, a simple Fossil craft with a Dense Fossil can gives extremly solide results for a realy cheap invest.

Rare boots (instead of Sin Trek or Death's Door) :
Looks for those stats :
200+ES / 30+Intel / 20+move speed / some res (not mandatory but highly recommanded).
Under 185ES/30Intel, Sin Trek will always be better. You can craft some with Dense Fossil and get some extremly solide results.

Rare jewels :
Look for those stats :
%ES / %Burning Damage / 1 extra dmg affixe (%Damage / %Fire / %DOT ; other affixe like spell or AOE dmg are working).
Some Fossil craft may provide extremly strong resulte but I did not checked yet which combination would be the most opti for us.

3. It's not mandatory but it's a confortable buff. If you have enought dps to do not need EE proc for trash, you may test Phase Run + Inc duration + Enhance.

"
Poldo6 wrote:
Why dexterity?

Speaking of which: is item lvl of any importance for crafting flasks?

There is 2 reason why we need dex on rings. First of all, dexterity is needed for Purity of Ice and Faster Attack (in the move skill setup).
Secondly, when you will reach a high level of stuff, you will switch Astramentis for Presence of Chayula. Presence of Chayula does not provide any dex. So in order to use lvl 20+ PoI and FA, you will need something like 45 dex on rings.

For flask, at ilvl 20 you unlock every affixes. So unless you want to exclude "high lvl" (lol) affixes, do not craft flask with an ilvl under 20.
For the regen issue, just a few things to add to help (maybe already mentioned by some helpful exiles already :) ).

1. Import your character to PoB to check your net regen. Make sure to disable all temporary buffs (e.g. flasks, boot enchant, charges, golem whatever) to get the "raw" result. If you get a negative number, check if you have chose Oak as bandit reward, and check if you have taken the life regen nodes at the Templar starting and near Scion starting. As recommended by LAGROSSESIMONE you may consider also taking "Growth and Decay" and "Influence" nodes to help with your degen. If you a very low net regen, do the same checking but you may already map rather safely. Take an extra ruby flask to keep up the buff, and take a remove burning flask just in case of emergency. Your actual regen should be a bit higher than that shown in PoB due to flask buffs and other sources like Pantheon.

2. Consider saving up for a lv21 Purity of Fire (~1 ex currently in DSC). The extra level can result in some 100-200 net regen depending on the ES pool.

3. Save up for a Watcher's Eye. Apart from the expensive "gain % mana as ES under Discipline" mod, there are some 1-2 ex choices including "flat life regen under Determination", "% ES regen under Discipline", and "% increased ES recovery rate under Discipline".

Hope these could help out.
Last edited by SheolFear on Sep 18, 2018, 8:12:57 PM
Have about 15ex to play with for this build.

Can someone give me a rough idea of what my spending priority should be here?

I still have to level a templar but I would like to start to form a rough idea of the gear I will need to make this happen.

Thanks to anyone who is able to help!
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
jdilly23 wrote:

I still have to level a templar but I would like to start to form a rough idea of the gear I will need to make this happen.

9 ex for Watcher's Eye Clarity (you will have to divine it for 18%).
5,5 ex for Shavronne 6L
Most of other items can be found for 10c max with proper rolls. Don't looks for Shaper's Touch +1, it's not mandatory with the proper tree (don't use zzang's trees, they are not builded for a 15ex budget, but for 50+ex budget).

At lvl 90-92 you can expect something like 14k ES, 82+ all res, 45k+ armor with 500+ raw regen.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Sep 19, 2018, 8:53:50 AM
I can say that I have almost 70% of skill tree and gears. My ES is 6k, the thing is IDK why ES drops so crazy fast. Anyone have any ideas?
It will be a bit hard (almost impossible) to answer you and so help you if :
- you are not accurate to describe your problem ;
- your profil is set to private and we can't see your character ;
- you don't post a pastebin link to your character.

When you ask for help, post a pastebin link to your character.
"
"
jdilly23 wrote:

9 ex for Watcher's Eye Clarity (you will have to divine it for 18%).
5,5 ex for Shavronne 6L
Most of other items can be found for 10c max with proper rolls. Don't looks for Shaper's Touch +1, it's not mandatory with the proper tree (don't use zzang's trees, they are not builded for a 15ex budget, but for 50+ex budget).

At lvl 90-92 you can expect something like 14k ES, 82+ all res, 45k+ armor with 500+ raw regen.

Thanks for this, appreciate it.

Can you suggest a tree to match my budget?
"just for try, for see and for know"
jdilly, I was gearing myself up for this build recently and I was managing it with 20ex budget(somewhat similar to yours). I made some checking to prepare the list so I can also share it with you. Note that this is not necessarily in order of priority but I was considering different alternatives :

1. Shavronnes : either buy a well-rolled shavs (about 80c) and 5 link it using jeweller's touch(25c) or buy a 6 link (about 6ex)

2. Presence of chayula 4,5ex (budget alternative: well rolled astramentis, about 30c)

3. Watcher's eye: extra es from mana with clarity (about 9-10ex) or budget alternative : either es%regen or es recovery rate or life regen with vitality (all within 1,5-2,5ex)

4. Shaper's touch +1gems - 1ex, you may need to spend a few extra vaals for someone with vorici 8 to get your desired links/colours

5. Well rolled sin trek with 2% regen enchant - 1,5-2ex

6. Shaped belt with es recovery and other good stats- about 1ex

7. Level 21 purity of fire -1ex

8. Rings- you can get some budget ones within 5-10c, the good ones start from about 60c

9. Good rolls memory vault -15-20c

10. Good rolls Doon Cubeyani - about 20c

11. Enlighten 3- 40c

For my own thoughts note that I consider lvl 21 purity of fire as well as +1 shaper's touch as really important, since they save you few passives, and of course try to get either sin treks or rare boots with regen enchant too, its almost constant buff considering that we are running into enemies and getting hit.
Last edited by Grozaa on Sep 19, 2018, 3:14:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info