Abyss Content Integration

If abysses are staying in, then I think the implementation described here is pretty good. But as someone who took time away from the game and for whom breaches and abysses were both new, it's not even a contest for which mechanic is more fun: breaches, by a mile. More exciting, more strategy, less pointless movement, and screw all of the constant rare abyssal mob healing!

Edit: the reason I only evaluated abyss in comparison to breach is because they are structurally similar, and because I don't feel like stated 10% chance of breach and 10% for abyss is desirable. Breaches should be more common, and/or all abyssal depths should have a lich at the end. Aside from being way more fun, breaches need to be more frequent because splinters take forever to farm alone (I'm far from 100 of any kind playing SSF, while having killed dozens of abyssal lichs)
Last edited by dunbar22 on Feb 7, 2018, 12:31:35 AM
It was an okays league so far...hoped for some more endgame content but it was okay
I do hope they take into consideration just how limiting abyss jewels and stygian vises are. Poe is a game about making fun builds and diverse builds. Abyss jewels and stygian vise do a great job at counteracting that.
Last edited by DomzyPrivs on Feb 7, 2018, 12:37:30 AM
I guess I must have poor luck on Abyss related drops, because I never saw the Abyss Jewels or Stygian Vises as anything but vendor trash.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Once again, I think y'all have made a great choice on implementation. I definitely missed other belts, and I'm excited for them to come back into play. Can't wait to see what's up next!
maan i hate abyss cracks , its not that rewarding to chase those, i'd like to suggest that to make it rare and it'll only open abyss depth with lich or any other boss . you see if only portals are allowed in abyss depth , players would probably tp out if they know the depths is pretty much garbage like the one without boss.
Neat
GGG definately made the right decision this time.

Putting all league content into the standard league should ALWAYS be happening everytime.

A new league should be treated as a priority to farm & enjoy those special uniques 3-4 months earlier than other players who choose not to play that type of new league. It shouldn't be treated as an opportunity to farm those league exclusive items and hoarde for enormous amount of currency for unlucky/new/players who didnt participate in that particular league.

Legacy version item is one of the failure of this game since they really gave quite an edge to some players who happen to obtain before, but new players are hopeless to access without spending hundreds or even thousands of exalts...
I approve. :)

Well thought out, especially about Stygians being able to be Shaped/Elder.

Absolute gold.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I really wish Abyss only made it into the core game as Abyssal Depths. Ground cracks dragging you all over the map with cancerous rares with more hp and damage than map bosses who also heal like crazy is (at least for me) content about as unfun as it gets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info