Abyss Content Integration

So solution for GiGiGi is to make broken shit scarce so the scrubs like me won't be able to get it.

We have increased the odds of a Lich occuring in the Depths, so there is a still a reasonable chance of finding them, despite Abysses being much less common than they were in the league.
In short i will never ever see Lich again (and yes, found it 3 times in total in Abyss playing 2x 90+ characters)

So look like balance team has no arguments to make the nerfs stick. I wonder if the new content balance will have in mind all the broken shit this league introduced.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I guess I'm one of the few that don't see the fuss. I've done around 150 abysses, killed the lich a dozen times and haven't found a single stygian vise that was better than a belt I found at level 80. Some are decent but I've sold more than 100 that were total garbage. Same for jewels. Same for the gloves and helmet that drops. Cool items but not nearly as good as normal drops I already vendor for not being good enough. Maybe the highest tier drops that a few people will find will be the best in the game, but so what?
Thx a lot. Abyss was my favourite league so far! Even this late into the league it is still fun to chase shaper and elder for some item drops. Even white map shaped/elder items have a good chance of out performing common uniques in their slot.

As a casual player, I don't care for T1 items or getting rich playing for the economy, but about uselful items I might actually use. Finding a helmet that enables an effective 6-link Glacial cascade miner feels really rewarding, or a shaper amulet that has the same, but better stats than "Stone of Lazhwar".

So many great improvements as well! Bug fixes, QoL stuff, new burning ground, ... ! You did amazing work the last few month.

Keep it up! <3
I dislike this alot. To many game/build breaking items. I don't see the point always having so many BROKEN items. Why keep them when they are SO much stronger then old items.

Maybe time to take a break from this game again...
Last edited by AngryFluff on Feb 7, 2018, 2:36:03 AM
After reading through that I must say that for me all the changes that you guys explained make sense. I am happy to have abyss this way in the new leagues.
"
quadi001 wrote:
God damn it stuck with Lightpoacher 4 life :(
I really hoped it would be removed.

"
sidtherat wrote:
lol

this is the most concise comment i could make

to elaborate: your approach is 'we did it perfect so we will keep it as is (people having issues with our design do not see the Big Picture')' and then waving away all that happen to disagree

problems your decision make:
1) there are two belts in the game: Stygian and HH. making Stygians rare solves exactly NOTHING. each and every guide will list Stygian as the go-to base, each and every player will get one or want to get one. you think it will make players play longer to farm-n-buy it? dumbing down the game can backfire you know?

2) why we need 2 types of jewels? why not simply a) NERF flat ele rolls b) combine jewel affix pools together (removing few abominations like minion taunt). how do you explain this artificial divide to new players?

3) flat ele jewels are IDIOTIC. IIDDIIOOTTIICC. there were dumber 'balance changes' in the past - 6% glacial hammer level questionable. but keeping stuff this pathetic in the game AFTER everyone told you it is stupid - it is next level glacial hammer

one jewel rolls how much flat ele? 100 flat avg? 150 avg? T1 flat ele roll on 1h is ~85 flat. see the problem?

4) giving this much flat ele makes LESS options available despite what you might think. there is no reason to play slow item bases EVER. What selling point garbo base like Harpy Rapier has over Jeweled Foil? +10 crit multi? seriously?

5) why play 2h when every recent addition ignores 2h completely? shaper/elder 2h mods are GARBAGE. abyss jewels do nothing for 2h builds. were 2h builds that strong?

6) passive tree. the only reason it exists is pathing to jewel sockets and life nodes. please bring back the people who designed foundations of your game 5 years ago. they are sorely missed as what is currently happening is not designing. it is pilling random more multipliers on a pile

no-change that instead of making more choices an option actually makes quite a bit of them pointless and stupid-only territory (choices like 'not playing flat ele stacking builds' - did wanders really needed this obscene buff they got last league?)

100% agree!
When 1 jewel gives +~25% more damage to your dps ... its just ridiculous.

I have to agree here. The abyss jewels and stygian belts are just ridiculous. There are a few niche non ele builds but for the most part most builds just can't stand up to any build using a wand or claw or something else fast and stacking ele damage abyss jewels.
I intended to skip this entire league, as the game was getting rather stale for me - still is in alot of ways, such as, we keep making the same builds, just with new items. Tornado shot, Kinetic blast, RF, ect... new gear, old builds.

But the crafting is what brought me back - this leagues crafting made the game 100X more interesting then it has been in a very long time. Once you see your 12th Tripple T1 res belt, its hard to be hyped about it, its the same item you see every league.

But then people post these 6 links with spell crit + 1 levels, item rarity chests, and its only got 1 defensive stat and 5 stats you never see, or these mine helms that are basically 6-7 links... there was a ton of amazing crafting happening.

This is the most interesting the game has been for sometime, so I came back.

I am glad most of this is going into the core of the game, and I do fully agree that stygian vises do fit perfectly into the end game, much like crystal belts, and opal rings, at low levels they are pretty broken, but they 100% should be in the game, so that chase item base is there for crafters like me.

I think this game has a serious problem when it comes to "Chase Items", because anything thats ever good, is removed or nerfed to uselessness, and anything "OK" is whats left, leading to the same problem that initially made me leave - we keep making the same builds, just with new items.
It seems as though I'm the only one who thinks that Abyss League was even worse than Harbinger.
I thought for sure Abyss content wouldnt be added to the game.

I will likely skip every Abyss in the future, just like I did during the league itself.
Great to read this, GGG! I enjoy having new content and surprises in the game and although I decided not to play this league, I will be more than happy to do that in the future core game.
Your new items make the content exciting and rewarding, at least for a certain time.
The only sad thing in my eyes is that you wont allow elder and shaper stygian vises... those would have been a very rare but very precious hunting item.
I feel really hyped to see the new jewels and stygian vise in the upcoming league too!
In my opinion the belt is not the real problem - the jewels are! For a more balanced game I would recommend to lower the rolls of the flat dmg and hp stats. People are stacking those atm because the rolls of a few jewels upgrades a low-tier weapon to a high-tier one.

Was a really great league and i am looking forward to the next one!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info