Abyss Content Integration

Great move GGG!

Styg vise and jews gave builds more life which really needed a buff. I'd hate to see them go. I don't understand people asking them to be removed from the game.

Yeah they are strong! That's great! Why does everything have to be shit?

Do we need more 1 alch items?

FFFFNo!
This might be the push I needed to stop playing/living/breathing this game. The abyss jewels and items are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too build defining. One league of not caring about belts is enough, the "change" you think you made is non-existant. It was fun, yes for a league, but rolling this into the core game... kinda sucks big time.

Here's a thought, how about keeping silly stuff like this in standard but NOT in temp leagues? Maybe a little selfish thought since I dont play standard but hey, everyone seems to be able to whien all they want.
Wait, so are Stygian Vises rolling over or not? Is it telling me that any low ilvl Stygian Vise won't be rolling over? Little confused.
Good call,but i still think we need more lab-like content mini dungeons or something that does not look like a map...even if it s an illusion....just to make the game a bit richer and kill the boredom of doing maps and only maps.
"
Astealoth wrote:
I think you should do away with lich-less depths completely. The pointless depths with no boss at the end were the biggest thing that made the mechanic boring and frustrating. The depths should be rarer, and when you see one you should know you found a boss. Going down in that depths and finding nothing over and over and over sucked the life out of this league for me to the point where it's the first league I gave up on. I played harbinger to the last day and before abyss it was my least favorite. Abyss is a good mechanic that had disappointing implementation.

This +100.
I think keeping stygian vises in the game is pretty bad. Even with lower drop rate they will still just be better than other belts. Unless you have a godly rolled elder/shaper belt worth many many exalts, there will be no reason to use anything other than even a mediocre rolled stygian vise, short of a niche unique belt for your build, or a headhunter.
"
Qarl wrote:

Lightpoacher, on the other hand, dances well into the territory of broken mechanics. We decided a mid-league nerf wasn't justified for an item with limited availability. However for the permanent leagues we will be making some changes: Lightpoacher projectiles now travel a limited distance. Increasing or reducing projectile speed will adjust this distance. Lightpoacher projectiles no longer always Pierce. This does, however, allow players to invest in alternatives such as Chain or Fork instead.

Do you and GGG know there is a bug when using that helm with Ralakesh's Impatience boots?
i think the bug thread i created got buried somewhere.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
Good call,but i still think we need more lab-like content mini dungeons or something that does not look like a map...even if it s an illusion....just to make the game a bit richer and kill the boredom of doing maps and only maps.

We should have more maps that open inside other maps. And maps that open inside Abyssal Depths. And breaches inside those Depths, with another Depth inside the breach. Throw a few corrupted areas in there, too. But maybe put access to a trial in them, or a master dungeon with a breach in it. There is nothing quite like logging in for 20-30 minutes on a lunch break, but then staying for 3 hours because of all the Russian Matrioshka doll content that popped up.
God damn it stuck with Lightpoacher 4 life :(
I really hoped it would be removed.

"
sidtherat wrote:
lol

this is the most concise comment i could make

to elaborate: your approach is 'we did it perfect so we will keep it as is (people having issues with our design do not see the Big Picture')' and then waving away all that happen to disagree

problems your decision make:
1) there are two belts in the game: Stygian and HH. making Stygians rare solves exactly NOTHING. each and every guide will list Stygian as the go-to base, each and every player will get one or want to get one. you think it will make players play longer to farm-n-buy it? dumbing down the game can backfire you know?

2) why we need 2 types of jewels? why not simply a) NERF flat ele rolls b) combine jewel affix pools together (removing few abominations like minion taunt). how do you explain this artificial divide to new players?

3) flat ele jewels are IDIOTIC. IIDDIIOOTTIICC. there were dumber 'balance changes' in the past - 6% glacial hammer level questionable. but keeping stuff this pathetic in the game AFTER everyone told you it is stupid - it is next level glacial hammer

one jewel rolls how much flat ele? 100 flat avg? 150 avg? T1 flat ele roll on 1h is ~85 flat. see the problem?

4) giving this much flat ele makes LESS options available despite what you might think. there is no reason to play slow item bases EVER. What selling point garbo base like Harpy Rapier has over Jeweled Foil? +10 crit multi? seriously?

5) why play 2h when every recent addition ignores 2h completely? shaper/elder 2h mods are GARBAGE. abyss jewels do nothing for 2h builds. were 2h builds that strong?

6) passive tree. the only reason it exists is pathing to jewel sockets and life nodes. please bring back the people who designed foundations of your game 5 years ago. they are sorely missed as what is currently happening is not designing. it is pilling random more multipliers on a pile

no-change that instead of making more choices an option actually makes quite a bit of them pointless and stupid-only territory (choices like 'not playing flat ele stacking builds' - did wanders really needed this obscene buff they got last league?)

100% agree!
When 1 jewel gives +~25% more damage to your dps ... its just ridiculous.
Last edited by quadi001 on Feb 7, 2018, 2:15:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info