Abyss Content Integration

path of power creep, as expected to deal with your missing item sink.

and you think that "making it rare" works as a "nerf replacement" in a game with trading?

I'm happy for these changes, though I'm confused about Light Poacher being kicked to 1 abyss socket only. Sure, you often want to have the extra support for it, but why not let the player choose which one they want to use? They might value the jewel over the support gem after all.

Not sure if jewelers would work for this next idea, but could we maybe just have some sort of orb let us reroll the number of abyss sockets? Maybe a Blessed Orb or something.
"
Astealoth wrote:
I think you should do away with lich-less depths completely. The pointless depths with no boss at the end were the biggest thing that made the mechanic boring and frustrating. The depths should be rarer, and when you see one you should know you found a boss. Going down in that depths and finding nothing over and over and over sucked the life out of this league for me to the point where it's the first league I gave up on. I played harbinger to the last day and before abyss it was my least favorite. Abyss is a good mechanic that had disappointing implementation.

I agree with this entire quote.
yay
I'm disappointed abysses will be sticking around, they're such an annoying and unrewarding mechanic... I hate avoiding the hole in the ground, I hate chasing down the stupid crack, I hate backtracking across half the map to see if anything good dropped from the dudes that spawned, I hate all the projectile spam from the special dudes that spawn, and I hate that abyss jewels are another item that I have to stockpile.

You know what I got excited for in Abyss league? BREACHES. I missed out on breach league so both mechanics were new to me and breaches are at least 5x better than abysses. Breaches feel like they have more enemies, better rewards, take less time to complete, and 70% of the loot is on one screen centered around the breach. I don't have to chase anything down, I don't have to backtrack, it's like a super-chest. Plus breaches LOOK cool as fork.

If I could have:
10% chance for breach + 10% chance for abyss
-OR-
12% chance for breach + 0% chance for abyss

I'd take the breach. It's so much better.
Perfect...
Sounds good too me , i like everything i read :)
keep up the good work Grinding Gear Games!
lol

this is the most concise comment i could make

to elaborate: your approach is 'we did it perfect so we will keep it as is (people having issues with our design do not see the Big Picture')' and then waving away all that happen to disagree

problems your decision make:
1) there are two belts in the game: Stygian and HH. making Stygians rare solves exactly NOTHING. each and every guide will list Stygian as the go-to base, each and every player will get one or want to get one. you think it will make players play longer to farm-n-buy it? dumbing down the game can backfire you know?

2) why we need 2 types of jewels? why not simply a) NERF flat ele rolls b) combine jewel affix pools together (removing few abominations like minion taunt). how do you explain this artificial divide to new players?

3) flat ele jewels are IDIOTIC. IIDDIIOOTTIICC. there were dumber 'balance changes' in the past - 6% glacial hammer level questionable. but keeping stuff this pathetic in the game AFTER everyone told you it is stupid - it is next level glacial hammer

one jewel rolls how much flat ele? 100 flat avg? 150 avg? T1 flat ele roll on 1h is ~85 flat. see the problem?

4) giving this much flat ele makes LESS options available despite what you might think. there is no reason to play slow item bases EVER. What selling point garbo base like Harpy Rapier has over Jeweled Foil? +10 crit multi? seriously?

5) why play 2h when every recent addition ignores 2h completely? shaper/elder 2h mods are GARBAGE. abyss jewels do nothing for 2h builds. were 2h builds that strong?

6) passive tree. the only reason it exists is pathing to jewel sockets and life nodes. please bring back the people who designed foundations of your game 5 years ago. they are sorely missed as what is currently happening is not designing. it is pilling random more multipliers on a pile

no-change that instead of making more choices an option actually makes quite a bit of them pointless and stupid-only territory (choices like 'not playing flat ele stacking builds' - did wanders really needed this obscene buff they got last league?)
"
sidtherat wrote:
lol

this is the most concise comment i could make

to elaborate: your approach is 'we did it perfect so we will keep it as is (people having issues with our design do not see the Big Picture')' and then waving away all that happen to disagree

problems your decision make:
1) there are two belts in the game: Stygian and HH. making Stygians rare solves exactly NOTHING. each and every guide will list Stygian as the go-to base, each and every player will get one or want to get one. you think it will make players play longer to farm-n-buy it? dumbing down the game can backfire you know?

2) why we need 2 types of jewels? why not simply a) NERF flat ele rolls b) combine jewel affix pools together (removing few abominations like minion taunt). how do you explain this artificial divide to new players?

3) flat ele jewels are IDIOTIC. IIDDIIOOTTIICC. there were dumber 'balance changes' in the past - 6% glacial hammer level questionable. but keeping stuff this pathetic in the game AFTER everyone told you it is stupid - it is next level glacial hammer

one jewel rolls how much flat ele? 100 flat avg? 150 avg? T1 flat ele roll on 1h is ~85 flat. see the problem?

4) giving this much flat ele makes LESS options available despite what you might think. there is no reason to play slow item bases EVER. What selling point garbo base like Harpy Rapier has over Jeweled Foil? +10 crit multi? seriously?

5) why play 2h when every recent addition ignores 2h completely? shaper/elder 2h mods are GARBAGE. abyss jewels do nothing for 2h builds. were 2h builds that strong?

6) passive tree. the only reason it exists is pathing to jewel sockets and life nodes. please bring back the people who designed foundations of your game 5 years ago. they are sorely missed as what is currently happening is not designing. it is pilling random more multipliers on a pile

no-change that instead of making more choices an option actually makes quite a bit of them pointless and stupid-only territory (choices like 'not playing flat ele stacking builds' - did wanders really needed this obscene buff they got last league?)

Nobody cares decision is done.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Just make Abyss belts and jewels corrupted..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info