Abyss Content Integration

"
Soske wrote:
To be honest I feel this is a bad call. Abyss items are too powerful, they overshadow everything else in the game to point where every future build will require them. At the very least please don't keep the belts, they're far better than every other belt in the game.

how can a build require a stygian belt? it doesnt really add build enabling mechanics and in terms of damage, just scale it down with something else like a rustic sash for attack builds or something. sure, copy/paste builds from the forum will put them in because they are powerful. just get creative and fit it to your budget and availability.
"
Qarl wrote:
Introduction

We have increased the odds of a unique having a second Abyssal socket, again to keep these available. We have prevented the Shroud of the Lightless item from having a second socket, as it was the one unique that became less valued when it had a second socket.

I don't understand why that is necessary.. So what if its less valued. How does something being less valued affect anything at all?? A lot of items became less valued in the past, but I don't see you guys change anything about it when those leagues ended. So why now? Some people really want the second socket. I really urge you to not go through with this. If a player really wants just one socket, then they can choose to find one themselves. At least we would still have a choice of either wanting one or two sockets. Give us that choice. Don't take that away..
Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on Feb 6, 2018, 10:55:39 PM
"
"
To be honest I feel this is a bad call. Abyss items are too powerful, they overshadow everything else in the game to point where every future build will require them. At the very least please don't keep the belts, they're far better than every other belt in the game.

how can a build require a stygian belt? it doesnt really add build enabling mechanics and in terms of damage, just scale it down with something else like a rustic sash for attack builds or something. sure, copy/paste builds from the forum will put them in because they are powerful. just get creative and fit it to your budget and availability.

Have you see the stuff you can do with abyss jewels? You can make a brightbeak attack build kill shaper with investment not comparable to what it used to take.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Send Memes ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Awesome move. I am hyped for the next league.
Elder Stygian Vise: Buy them now before they all cost multiple mirrors
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
Hmmm will be interesting. Still very sad legacy league is history though, never had so much fun in poe and will probably never have so much fun again.
Noice!
I am rather indifferent with these additions to the core game.

Crafting for base level materials will be significantly higher due to the much more abundant need to craft jewels and stygian belts. Making them more rare won't change the fact that they will still overshadow the alternatives when getting to mid-high levels. It will be fantastic to get a bit more excited to see a depths or even a trove because the current rain of belts and jewels felt horrible.

The only thing that this appears to slow down is the initial leveling to get to maps. I guess that is good in a way because with low level abyss belts and jewels the leveling process was trivial and more or less an annoyance.

I will be more supportive and welcome these rolling into the core if there is more challenging endgame content in 3.2.

Last edited by Sinaranu on Sep 29, 2022, 2:31:00 AM
Funny how this looks like Essence or breach : you add a fun option to the game, then gate it behind : now abyss only in 10% of the maps (which, like in the league, lead you too abyssal depths once maybe every 20 maps abyss appear in), far less jewels when in an abyss, only sometimes rare and, oh cherry on the top, no longer elder or shaped items (even if I played this league more than to my girlfriend liking, I did not even know those items existed, so they were clearly not game changing for the pleb).

Like Essence and breach, you add a rewarding mechanic to the game (gated behind monsters to beat) and then you make it so rare the casual players will have hard time getting even a good drop even once in a league. Basically, you'll get a good jewel once every 1000 maps, probably even less, alllowing only the no lifers to get them. This is not fun. This is non existent. As breaches : will probably not get to a breachlord this league unless I play Path of trading (yikes...) and will probably not get more than one high level essence in a whole league.

And shaper and elders belts would have been even so much rarer in those conditions you could have kept them in the game : who cares if an item is overpowered when it costs 50 exalts ? At this price tag, it should be aat least a little bit overpowered.

Make abyss, breach and essences availables mods in Zana for 1 or 2 c, so that casual can get them if they invest a little for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info