[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

What i must wear in offhand if i havnt lycosidae ?
"
Potka wrote:
Really fun build, lab done (farming it on good/fast days), atziri dead (no deaths), pale court defeated(no deaths), shaper & elder will be killed as soon as i get to them

Thinking about getting better boots later on, which would be better lightning damage enchant or extra +1 frenzy corruption?

Also this build can do ele reflect maps
I mean it was T11 8 mod ele ref map, but it wasn't difficult, will try higher tier maps when i corrupt them with 8mod ele reflect. Go to imgur link for higher res picture to see all the mods
Boss
https://imgur.com/UESalvT
Boss loot with loot filter
https://imgur.com/Dsy6BHO
Decided to clear map
https://imgur.com/dJQA2hP

I would go with frenzy charge. Even if we didn’t get more dps from it (which we do), we also get dodge and movement speed from frenzy charges.

Don't panic.
"
kingmoth wrote:
Hi Fivers, I'm liking this build alot but I'm not sure what to upgrade next. I'm new to using frost
blades so I'm not sure if gear is optimal. I'm sitting at 4.5k hp right now and do feel it's kinda low but I don't know what to hp pool I should aim for.

I would be grateful if you coould recommend any changes to my gear. Like I don't know if I should use the Lycosidae shield or stick with my offhand. I kinda like it but I don't have any source of blind to make use of the shaped properties.

I was using the Great Old One's as you recommended for awhile and gave me a nice chunk of life but I randomly equipped that claw and got a huge dps boost.

I'm currently sitting at 84% hit rate, is the Lycosidae really that much better for me?

Also, should I keep The Taming ring? Is that even good for this

The 100% hit rate is definitely worth it. I really do recommend lycosidae. You Also get a little hp from it.
Also the taming is definitely a good ring, but it lacks hp.
I would aim for a rare opal ring with ele dmg and HP.
The boots should be swapped for a pair of darkray vectors. There is a lot of damage to be gained from them, and you get dodge + movespeed as well. A +1 frenzy charge corruption is ideal of course.
I would try to replace the amulet with one that has more HP.
Also if you feel you lack HP, remember that starkonja is still a very good helm for us.

This is only how I would do, if you feel that you are stronger with the offhand/taming/boots, then by all means you should keep them.

Don't panic.
"
JustDilex wrote:
What i must wear in offhand if i havnt lycosidae ?

There are a few good alternatives listed in the guide. Check the ”gear in detail” section. :)

Don't panic.
hey fiver im coming off this guys https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1848749 trash build. considering I only have 1 exalt and 100 chaos orbs where should i start if i want to use your build.

Im currently with that guys trash build getting kiled consistently in t7 maps i lost nearly a full level in exp today from mapping and i almost uninstalled poe now i really like the playstyle of frost blades but that guys build was complete garbage.

So can you help me get on track if you need to can look at my toon gear and what not and give me some tips on where to go from here cause if i dont get help soon ill prob quit playing poe for the league
"
crazytrain334 wrote:
hey fiver im coming off this guys https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1848749 trash build. considering I only have 1 exalt and 100 chaos orbs where should i start if i want to use your build.

Im currently with that guys trash build getting kiled consistently in t7 maps i lost nearly a full level in exp today from mapping and i almost uninstalled poe now i really like the playstyle of frost blades but that guys build was complete garbage.

So can you help me get on track if you need to can look at my toon gear and what not and give me some tips on where to go from here cause if i dont get help soon ill prob quit playing poe for the league

Let's start with the passive tree. Luckily it is very similiar to the one I use, but there are a couple of Changes to do.
Get rid of Twin terrors, flash freeze, and dervish.
Get phase acrobatics. This will give you a lot of survival.
You can look at my character and pretty much just copy that.
I would drop avatar of the veil in your ascendancy, and get avatar of the chase instead.
You will lose the elemental immunity, but you will gain lots of damage, movement speed and evasion. The 25/25 evade from avatar of the chase is very strong.

Skills:
Read the skill section on my guide and get that stuff, or copy my character.

Weapon: Get a Bloodseeker. You can get one for a few chaos. It is very cheap and it is extremely good for survival. If you do get a bloodseeker, you can also remove vaal pact from the passive tree.
Use bloodseeker until you find a good rare claw with high pdps.

Offhand: Get a lycosidae. (When you can)
Until then, you can keep using ToA, Ornament of the east, or Wasp nest. I personally would get a Great Old One's Ward. It will give you spell block, Life, block, and it won't lower the dps by that much.

Helm: Get a Starkonja's head. You can get one for less than 10 chaos. Another cheap, but very good upgrade. Both damage and Health.
Use this until you feel that you have enough health to swap to a rat's nest.

Boots: Get Darkray Vector's. Another cheap item. They will give you dodge, movespeed and damage.

Jewellery: Keep the rings, they are alright for now. Replace the amulet with a rare that has hit Points. You may need to look for one that has strength/int, in order to meet stat requirements.
When you can, try to get jewellery that has "increased elemental damage with attack skills".
That mod is very good damage for us."

Gloves: Replace your gloves with a pair of Tombfist, and put a murderous eye jewel in them.

Belt: get a leather/Heavy/stygian belt. You can get a lot of higher life and resists than the one you have for a few chaos.

Flasks: Get

These flasks are an incredible source of damage and survival. Freeze on the Diamond and bleed on the life flask. You get leech from the atziri, loads of damage from the lion's roar, and the knockback is extremely good against melee bosses, like argus.

Chest: Look at the guide and get one of those chests. I personally prefer a rare with high max life, but the others are good options. I would say that a 5-Linked chest with good stats is better than a tabula rasa.

Most of these Changes are very cheap. With the exception for lion's roar(25ish chaos) and lycosidae(2.5+ ex).
You can get the rest of the gear for less than 20-30 chaos.
Jewellery will Always get expensive when you start looking for the top tier stuff, but wait with that for now. Focus on life, stats and resists.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 10, 2018, 5:13:27 AM
"
Fiver wrote:
"
crazytrain334 wrote:

Let's start with the passive tree. Luckily it is very similiar to the one I use, but there are a couple of Changes to do.
Get rid of Twin terrors, flash freeze, and dervish.
Get phase acrobatics. This will give you a lot of survival.
You can look at my character and pretty much just copy that.
I would drop avatar of the veil in your ascendancy, and get avatar of the chase instead.
You will lose the elemental immunity, but you will gain lots of damage, movement speed and evasion. The 25/25 evade from avatar of the chase is very strong.

Skills:
Read the skill section on my guide and get that stuff, or copy my character.

Weapon: Get a Bloodseeker. You can get one for a few chaos. It is very cheap and it is extremely good for survival. If you do get a bloodseeker, you can also remove vaal pact from the passive tree.
Use bloodseeker until you find a good rare claw with high pdps.

Offhand: Get a lycosidae. (When you can)
Until then, you can keep using ToA, Ornament of the east, or Wasp nest. I personally would get a Great Old One's Ward. It will give you spell block, Life, block, and it won't lower the dps by that much.

Helm: Get a Starkonja's head. You can get one for less than 10 chaos. Another cheap, but very good upgrade. Both damage and Health.
Use this until you feel that you have enough health to swap to a rat's nest.

Boots: Get Darkray Vector's. Another cheap item. They will give you dodge, movespeed and damage.

Jewellery: Keep the rings, they are alright for now. Replace the amulet with a rare that has hit Points. You may need to look for one that has strength/int, in order to meet stat requirements.
When you can, try to get jewellery that has "increased elemental damage with attack skills".
That mod is very good damage for us."

Gloves: Replace your gloves with a pair of Tombfist, and put a murderous eye jewel in them.

Belt: get a leather/Heavy/stygian belt. You can get a lot of higher life and resists than the one you have for a few chaos.

Flasks: Get

These flasks are an incredible source of damage and survival. Freeze on the Diamond and bleed on the life flask. You get leech from the atziri, loads of damage from the lion's roar, and the knockback is extremely good against melee bosses, like argus.

Chest: Look at the guide and get one of those chests. I personally prefer a rare with high max life, but the others are good options. I would say that a 5-Linked chest with good stats is better than a tabula rasa.

Most of these Changes are very cheap. With the exception for lion's roar(25ish chaos) and lycosidae(2.5+ ex).
You can get the rest of the gear for less than 20-30 chaos.
Jewellery will Always get expensive when you start looking for the top tier stuff, but wait with that for now. Focus on life, stats and resists.

Edit:
I would like to add, that even though I haven't played it, I don't think sidefx's build is bad. With better gear, I'm sure it could work out. When I look at your gear my first thought is that you lack life.
Also, by not getting phase acrobatics and avatar of the chase, Sidefx's build miss out on a lot of survivability.

Don't panic.

Just had this neck drop, is it good enough to slap some life on and run or is the cold damage not really that good since it's on spells no?
"
sunefication wrote:

Just had this neck drop, is it good enough to slap some life on and run or is the cold damage not really that good since it's on spells no?

It’s an ok amulet and you could def use it. But it lacks resist, and if you craft life on it, it’s not gonna be very high.
The phys damage isn’t a very good roll, but the cold is nice.
I would pick one with more life though. The biggest weakness of this build is the low health, so we need good life rolls on the rare stuff.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
sunefication wrote:

It’s an ok amulet and you could def use it. But it lacks resist, and if you craft life on it, it’s not gonna be very high.
The phys damage isn’t a very good roll, but the cold is nice.
I would pick one with more life though. The biggest weakness of this build is the low health, so we need good life rolls on the rare stuff.

I dont think his build is bad either but the lack of stuff he puts in his thing i just thing he is not good at writing guides or explaining things he doesn't even attempt to explain things like you have ty fivers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info