[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
lacal wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
UPDATE

I have added a new video.

In 3.2 I haven't been able to play as much as I would have liked, but to demonstrate how clearspeed and damage looks, I just recorded a video of a Colosseum clear.

One of the points of this video is also to demonstrate how good of an alternative Bloodseeker is.

Cheers for the video - I have a question on what the ice ground effect that seems to be going off when you are fighting - I've checked your links and you dont seem to have anything I dont have - is it the counterattack from the shield?

It is a cosmetic effect on my Herald of Ice. "Gloom Herald"
Only a visual thing.

Don't panic.
"
swissknife35 wrote:
Hello I really enjoy your build in last 2 days, great clear speed and good damage so far..

I have couple questions if you can answer those could be great for me.

1- Which pot should I replace with Taste of Hate.

2- What you think about Added Cold damage support gem? I think its good for more dps.

3- What should be our main goal to reach for Maximum Life.

Thanks in advance.
Good luck in your maps Exiles!

1- Overflowing Chalice

2- Added cold deals less damage than Ice Bite does when you are full frenzy charges.
I've actually answered this earlier. I'll quote myself from page 13.
"
Fiver wrote:

Added cold does give a lot of damage, but it can't compare to ice bite when you are stacking frenzy charges.

A lvl 20 added cold damage does 169 - 254 cold damage to attacks

A level 20 Ice bite gives you
69 - 103 cold damage to attacks
But Ice bite also gives you 15 - 23 cold damage to attacks per frenzy charge.
With 8 frenzy charges thats 120 - 185

If we add that up, we get 189 - 287 from Ice Bite.

And then we also get a bunch of other stuff, like extra chance to freeze & frenzy charge generation.

3- 5000+ is enough for me. Last league I did all content without any bigger trouble at 4.7k hp, so I don't feel that I need that much to be honest.

Don't panic.
"
Nundar wrote:
sorry for newbie question but how did you get phasing ? / from which source

In 3.2 I don't actually have phasing anymore.
In the last patch we used the ascendancy Avatar of the Veil.
The node "Quartz Infusion" in that path gives "You have Phasing while at maximum Frenzy Charges".

Don't panic.
"
weebr0n wrote:
what is the reason for going avatar of the chase instead of veil?

More damage, move speed, attack speed & evasion.

You can go avatar of the veil if you prefer though. The elemental ailment immunity is very powerful, and in patch 3.1 I did use avatar of the veil. So most videos are with avatar of the veil.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
styg wrote:
Hi,

First to say this build is awesome, i am having a blast playing it in new league.

Since i am still new, my question is how to you keep your mana stable?

With Frost Blades, I get my mana from leech.
When you get enough dps, mana stops being a problem really.
The node "Soul Raker" in the passive tree is the only source of mana leech used.

I also have reduced mana support linked together with my whirling blades, so it doesn't cost that much.

If you are having problems with mana though, there are a couple of solutions.

You can get Spirit Void for more leech (2 passive points if you have vitality void)
You can get Mana Flows for more mana and faster regen. (2 passive points)
You can get Essence Sap (3 points)

There are also rings that help with mana
Praxis - has "-(8-4) to Total Mana Cost of Skills"
You can also buy rings from Elreon when he is level 4, that reduce the cost of skills.

But really, having Soul Raker should be enough. :)

thank you very much! i missed soulraker node, (still developing my char). :)
Really fun build, been a blast to play through in the Bestiary League. I started of with a League starter. The extra currency helped out alot during the leveling process and everything went smoothly.
Here's an overview on what i'm using right now.

Spoiler

Got alot of places for improvement, but been going through maps without problems.
Wanted to thank you for the awesome guide Fivers! :)
Ok so after taking Soul raker all mana problems are ok and build works really well even on bosses.

So i just got with noob luck the 6 link prophecy and i don't really know what to do either sell it or buy a really good body and 6 link it (and again I don't really know wich one to buy). Do you have any recommandations ?

Really a great build i'm having a blast playing it, thanks a lot !
"
Gowgow wrote:
Ok so after taking Soul raker all mana problems are ok and build works really well even on bosses.

So i just got with noob luck the 6 link prophecy and i don't really know what to do either sell it or buy a really good body and 6 link it (and again I don't really know wich one to buy). Do you have any recommandations ?

Really a great build i'm having a blast playing it, thanks a lot !

There are so many good options for body armours that you have to decide for yourself really.

Personally I would probably sell it and buy a good rare 6L armour, and then still have a couple of exalteds over to improve other gear.

Don't panic.
Really fun build, lab done (farming it on good/fast days), atziri dead (no deaths), pale court defeated(no deaths), shaper & elder will be killed as soon as i get to them

Thinking about getting better boots later on, which would be better lightning damage enchant or extra +1 frenzy corruption?

Also this build can do ele reflect maps
I mean it was T11 8 mod ele ref map, but it wasn't difficult, will try higher tier maps when i corrupt them with 8mod ele reflect. Go to imgur link for higher res picture to see all the mods
Boss
https://imgur.com/UESalvT
Boss loot with loot filter
https://imgur.com/Dsy6BHO
Decided to clear map
https://imgur.com/dJQA2hP
Hi Fivers, I'm liking this build alot but I'm not sure what to upgrade next. I'm new to using frost
blades so I'm not sure if gear is optimal. I'm sitting at 4.5k hp right now and do feel it's kinda low but I don't know what to hp pool I should aim for.

I would be grateful if you coould recommend any changes to my gear. Like I don't know if I should use the Lycosidae shield or stick with my offhand. I kinda like it but I don't have any source of blind to make use of the shaped properties.

I was using the Great Old One's as you recommended for awhile and gave me a nice chunk of life but I randomly equipped that claw and got a huge dps boost.

I'm currently sitting at 84% hit rate, is the Lycosidae really that much better for me?

Also, should I keep The Taming ring? Is that even good for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info