[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
manehi wrote:
Adding my thanks to everyone else's. Got to level 100 in scssf sticking close to the guide - the crafting section in particular was really helpful.

You have amazing gear for being SSF. its better than mine and im trade league lol. Very impressive. Im tempted to try SSF but it seems daunting to me.
This was supposed to be my start league character but ended up my only char in Ritual. Killed everything, not super fast but super easy due to the tankiness and god-like movespeed. Back in Heist so first time trying Harvest and manage to craft all my gear thanks to Crafting section.
Thanks for the guide.
"
Ogerlordzz wrote:
Im tempted to try SSF but it seems daunting to me.

This is a good build if you want to try SSF, I was really happy with it using first week gear. Ritual really helped getting started and Harvest+Essences in Haewark was most of the rest. Worst part for me was grinding for the +2 support craft, they nerfed the prophecy interaction for extra Catarina rares. Lab trials, Kintsugi, and Atziri boots I guess are rng-dependent too, but weren't too bad for me this league.
So how much cloud DPS do you guys typically have?
I'm sitting at about 500k atm and it feels very lackluster. Socketing additional jewels only gives me like 20-30k more.
Can this build even hit 2m? Because a 20-30k dps upgrade per roughly 5ex spent doesn't sound like a good deal to me.
"
DarkKaine wrote:
Can this build even hit 2m?
Yep, but not without investment.

First of all, you should transition to cluster jewels. Large ones cost 1ex or less atm. Mediums depends what you want on them, but you can get budget ones for 20-30c and if you want to min max they cost more but even stuff like exposure therapy + any other cheap dot mod is better than not using clusters damage wise.

There's a cluster tree in POB on the dropdown. 1 cluster is nearly always a good choice, 2 clusters is best for dps but you will start cutting life.

Second, you should upgrade your supports to awakened, they cost like 50c each? You immediately get +2 to them from the bow, and you can also level them faster using tora in research or facetor lens harvest craft. And quality awakened swift affliction and void manipulation (vp isn't worth it).

Third, quality your spell totem + multi totem. It makes placing them much faster and helps on bosses (base speed of putting spell totems sucks).

Fourth, gear: quiver can have dot multi + chaos dot multi, that's the expensive version but just 1 is a big boost to damage and you can get it fairly cheap.

Helmet, you can make or buy hunter helmet lvl 85+ with -9 chaos res (or -12 elevated mod but that's gonna be very expensive).

Running a talisman currently is very bad. A decent amulet will cost you 5ex+ but it's not 30k dps upgrade, it's 150k+ with your current setup. This thing cost me ~6ex and is not even that great
(aspect added myself, anoint is cuz I run TR totems obv. use something useful to you)

Your rings have very low resists. You should push them higher so you can free your amulet and glove from that duty. Amulet you need to invest into +2 gem level one and gloves should have either hunter / elder mod for chaos multi, or warlord damage over time mod, or warlord culling strike, preferably all 3 but that costs, I'd start from simple hunter or elder glove with chaos dot multi.

Belt same thing: get stygian vise with decent resists and put abyss jewel in with with "damage over time while wielding a 2h weapon". Expensive option is to get a hunter influenced belt with chaos damage and %life but again, that costs, so you can just pick a cheap one for now. I'd prio clusters, amulet and quiver.

My harvest char had like 3m dps in pob but nowadays harvest crafts are expensive af so I'll probably never get similar gear anymore (it wasn't even min maxed more like ~80% done but after that currency costs ramp exponentially).

If you don't like the build that's another story (there are definitely higher dps builds out there easy), but if you want to get better damage I'd say save for amulet and then invest in clusters. If you want to self craft amulet you need lvl 82+ hunter amulet, alt spam for +1 dex then augment chaos 2-3 times.

P.S. Any reason you have a lvl 42 life flask? The lvl 60 ones are much better. Or use blood of the karui as a spare.
"
DarkKaine wrote:
I'm sitting at about 500k atm and it feels very lackluster. Socketing additional jewels only gives me like 20-30k more.
Can this build even hit 2m? Because a 20-30k dps upgrade per roughly 5ex spent doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Im currently at 1.3 million in POB using the authors configuration settings. with the low investment cluster jewel setup.

I am a mediocre player at best but i can kill all t16 map bosses, conqs, and sirus with this build. The single target damage isnt the builds strong suit for sure but it does get the job done.

I like it cause its easy and fun to play. Builds also really good in heists and labs.
"
Ogerlordzz wrote:
"
DarkKaine wrote:

Im currently at 1.3 million in POB using the authors configuration settings. with the low investment cluster jewel setup.

I am a mediocre player at best but i can kill all t16 map bosses, conqs, and sirus with this build. The single target damage isnt the builds strong suit for sure but it does get the job done.

I like it cause its easy and fun to play. Builds also really good in heists and labs. If i swapped to awakened gems and got a better amulet and gloves i would probably be close to 2 million. but im on console and awakenened gems are several exalts a pieces and a +2 ammy is 25 ex.
"
DarkKaine wrote:

I get 4m Shaper DPS with 15 wither stacks in POB, could get the better amulet to fit in summon skitterbot, replace Unspeakable Gift in Cluster with a dmg node and get close to 5m though.
Also cause the dps up time for this build is pretty close to 100%, it still perform far better than most of the 10m~ dps melee build around.
https://pastebin.com/BeQmVDu1
Last edited by Aelshe on Mar 9, 2021, 9:00:06 PM
In the light of incoming harvest craft nerfs, I decided to give it a shot at Sirus 8 with my current unoptimized gear (only neck is harvest crafted, also was testing a few uniques how they fit in), killed him with 3 deaths so I'd call that a success. Haven't tried the maven invitation stuff yet, but I hope build will survive even without having harvest crafts or elevated mods.
Hi again. I would like to ask about what changes I plan to make on my character would be the ones having the most impact over it in order to prioritize:
-I will buy a large cluster jewel with the 3 required notables instead of 2 as I had to buy before. But I will need one more passive and I'm near level 95, so I will get one but... I will have to respec one more as I don't think I will reach 96, honestly.
-I am on my way to craft the endgame bow, but it will probably take long because of the +2 level of support gems and Katarina...
-I should buy a new amulet so I can get probably the right anointment (+20 life and +14% life almost for sure) on it.
-I should also replace my belt with a different one with chaos resistance, too and I still need some str on it, I'm afraid. I think crafting an elder influenced one is the best way to go.
-I have to craft a new quiver, but only after getting the endgame bow done, as I feel as really compulsory to have the +1arrow on the quiver till then.
-Replacing both rings to get some better resistances and life, above all

Yeah, i know I should buy one Kintsugi but... hard to get in PS4 for a reasonable price. And my helmet is not something to be absolutely proud of, either, i know.

Could you please tell me what to focus on, or whether I am forgetting something?? Problem is playing PS4 means most items are far more difficult to get by trading than they are in PC (harder to find and also much more expensive, when I check them in poeninja or wherever)

And another question: how do you calculate how much damage you will get by switching equipment? Or, to start with, how do you calculate your char's damage in the first place?

Thx in advance

Last edited by gansus on Mar 12, 2021, 6:28:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info