[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hi thanks for this great build that I love. I just wonder why you are still using a "of heat" flask on some of your character and also in the guide ?

"avatar of the veil" ascendancy is not supposed to make us immune to freeze and chill ?
Last edited by AaxFamily on Feb 22, 2021, 4:43:34 AM
"
AaxFamily wrote:

"avatar of the veil" ascendancy is not supposed to make us immune to freeze and chill ?

Only when you phasing, right?
"
gansus wrote:
"
AaxFamily wrote:

Sure, but the previous ascendancy (quartz infusion) is "phasing", so I supposed that we are always in phasing stance, right ?
Last edited by AaxFamily on Feb 22, 2021, 12:19:41 PM
"
AaxFamily wrote:
"
gansus wrote:
"
AaxFamily wrote:

Sure, but the previous ascendancy (quartz infusion) is "phasing", so I supposed that we are always in phasing stance, right ?

True, not sure then, man... Lets wait for someone with deeper knowledge about the game to tell us
"
AaxFamily wrote:
Hi thanks for this great build that I love. I just wonder why you are still using a "of heat" flask on some of your character and also in the guide ?

This is remnant of the old version of raider when phasing wasn't 100% up. If I remember correctly, it was only up during onslaught and at max frenzy charges. So for example if you were idle and buffs dropped then found a freezing lockbox, you wanted to use heat flask to safely open it and not die (esp. on HC).

Now it's always up, so feel free to roll a different affix on your flask. Like "curing" for poison removal, unless you have high chaos resist or immunity from watcher's eye.
"
MrPluszu wrote:
I have a question about flesh and stone. In guide it says that you are evade capped with it against enemies. But how much flat evasion chance I need for that to happen or it just doesn't matter?

You need 42% evade chance which should be trivial to get. If you're already counting on Flesh and Stone's blind, then you might as well count in 20% accuracy debuff aura since it has higher range.

"
gansus wrote:
True, there it is. Dunno if I got the idea from that paragraph long time ago, that's most probable but I did not remember: my fault.

It's easy to not notice with guide this large. I unfortunately can't paste all info everywhere. The more text you write, the less people are willing to read (because nobody wants to read a book about a build). Sacrifices must be made somewhere.

"
AaxFamily wrote:

As Viktranka said it was mostly used as an emergency button in case you didn't have phasing/onslaught and then encountered a freezing box. Nowadays it's not necessary at all. HOWEVER. Before you get uber lab you're still vulnerable. I'd prefer newbies/fresh characters to have it regardless. Once you have ele ailment immunity you can switch it out.

To note, there's not many options for life flask. Only bleed and poison removals are worth it on them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Again, I ask a most probably stupid question.

Right now I have my +3 level socketed gems bow, but I am in the way to craft the recommended endgame bow. My problem is I just realized the bow I am intended to craft has "+2 level of socketed SUPPORT gems". As CA is an active gem, it will not be used to raise its level... If I am not in a mistake, which I probably am, what is the point then?

Thanks in advance for your answers, because I am pretty ... shocked now about this

PD: The more I play the game and the more I think I understand something new, the more I realize there is SO much i do not know... Kinda frustrating sometimes, although I know this is a basic one for sure.
Last edited by gansus on Feb 24, 2021, 1:42:23 AM
"
gansus wrote:
Again, I ask a most probably stupid question.

Right now I have my +3 level socketed gems bow, but I am in the way to craft the recommended endgame bow. My problem is I just realized the bow I am intended to craft has "+2 level of socketed SUPPORT gems". As CA is an active gem, it will not be used to raise its level... If I am not in a mistake, which I probably am, what is the point then?

Thanks in advance for your answers, because I am pretty ... shocked now about this

PD: The more I play the game and the more I think I understand something new, the more I realize there is SO much i do not know... Kinda frustrating sometimes, although I know this is a basic one for sure.

It wont affect CA level directly but it does indeed raise your Empower Support level which will raise CA gem level.
Thx Aelshe. That was the only reason I could come up with, but was not sure anyway. I guess you also benefit from the other support gems increased level.
"
gansus wrote:
Thx Aelshe. That was the only reason I could come up with, but was not sure anyway. I guess you also benefit from the other support gems increased level.
Yes, the level of caustic arrow should be the same if you use empower, and the other supports will benefit too. But transitioning to +2 support gem bow means you need to have empower, preferably lvl 3+ to not lose damage. If you're still levelling empower on a side and using efficacy or damage on full life instead in the main setup, you should wait with swapping away from +2 bow gem one until empower is ready.

If you have awakened supports, +2 support should definitely help to get value out of them though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info