[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Well, now on my way to craft the endgame bow. I already have the currency ready but struggling to get the +2 support gems from Katarina...

Anyway, I want to say the build is even better than I thought before. I was using it partially wrong and, in spite of that (and being pretty a bad player, to be honest), I was making T16 maps and so on. What I was doing wrong was "getting nervous" when facing lots of mobs and just throwing CA far too fast. I was not able to stop and realize that would not really help much after you have spread some CA all around, but you have to keep moving and charging some mana. That's the reason I was carrying one now unnecessary mana potion, not exchanged for a jade one, as build was intended. Had to read that recent post from Vitranka to be aware of it. I post it (again) in case it helps someone, maybe.
Just a noob question : The Phasing from ancendancy(Quartz Infusion) is instant or not ? Cuz i can't see my character phasing stance or i have to get Avatar of Veil also to have phasing .
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
Just a noob question : The Phasing from ancendancy(Quartz Infusion) is instant or not ? Cuz i can't see my character phasing stance or i have to get Avatar of Veil also to have phasing .
You should have it once you spec quartz infusion.

GGG removed invisible buff from raider because people complained they can't see their mtx.

Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3016530
Spoiler
I don't like that I can't see my microtransactions when I have permanent phasing
We will disable the phasing visual effect when you have this skill allocated. Its primary purpose is seeing when you have phasing, but because it is permanent with this skill, it isn't really necessary.
Last edited by Viktranka on Mar 3, 2021, 9:32:00 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
You should have it once you spec quartz infusion.

GGG removed invisible buff from raider because people complained they can't see their mtx.

Source: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3016530
Spoiler
I don't like that I can't see my microtransactions when I have permanent phasing
We will disable the phasing visual effect when you have this skill allocated. Its primary purpose is seeing when you have phasing, but because it is permanent with this skill, it isn't really necessary.

Thanks a lot for the help !
IMHO clarity aura is useless, you can use this flask:

and forget about mana. Plus you can have some useful mod on it like bleeding or curse immunity.

I replaced clarity with vitality for more survivability.
"
tedbear2009 wrote:
IMHO clarity aura is useless, you can use this flask:
Unavailable

and forget about mana. Plus you can have some useful mod on it like bleeding or curse immunity.

I replaced clarity with vitality for more survivability.

Clarity makes it so you dont need a mana flask. Its very helpful. I personally opted to use a hybrid flask as my 2nd life flask but i could totally run without a mana flask at all thanks to clarity.

He already has pretty decent regen from tree and combined with 2 instant life flasks and all the other defenses vitality really isnt needed.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I started the league playing blade blast assassin but kind of got tired of the playstyle. I wanted something fun fast and easy to play and this looked like it would fit the bill. I followed this guide to the letter and i have to say i havent had any desire to go back to my assassin.

Builds super fast and fun to play and you have done a great job with this guide. My ONLY issue is that its pretty lackluster against t14 and up map bosses without pretty significant investment. But its super fun to clear maps with and has great survivability.

I feel like using toxic rain for single target would be better. But at the moment i am running this build exactly as guide suggests. Referenced you and kodiak. Thanks again and great job on the guide!!!

Last edited by Ogerlordzz on Mar 6, 2021, 9:55:59 PM
All content done.
Feared fight (run in white)
Sirus AL8 (re-spec out of AL9 after kill it once on a different char so didnt get a chance to try AL9 on this char)
Witnessed uber elder, shaper, cortex, uber atziri.
Maven herself
Clear is good. single target require some investment (DoT multiplier on gears and awaken gems)
No cluster jewels version.
Expensive item include malevolence watcher eyes, self crafted bow and amulet. Quiver looks expensive but doesnt because of base
6L Kintsugi is expensive but it is not needed. i have a portal gem and an empty socket there.
The other rares are pretty bad.
It is a great character for heist but i dont enjoy Heist content

Last edited by ericsundiu on Mar 6, 2021, 11:51:09 AM
Just dropping by to say: THANK YOU!

i'm playing your build the third or forth league and i'm totally loving it. So THANK YOU for your continous work!
Adding my thanks to everyone else's. Got to level 100 in scssf sticking close to the guide - the crafting section in particular was really helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info