[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

@gansus

You can calculate dps with different gear in POB fork, you can't put it on console, only on pc but you can import console characters by swapping a dropdown from pc to ps4 / xbox.

You can also copy potential gear from trade listings or simulate a craft in POB to make an item you don't own and compare.

I would prio getting a +2 gems amulet (+1 dex +1 chaos) if they exist on console (I bought one on pc for 5ex) and anointing it yourself. The "SSF way" to make it is: pick a hunter-influenced amulet lvl 82+, alt spam for +1 dex, augment chaos from harvest (might need 2-3 augments), this method will go away next patch but atm it's the easiest way to make strong dps amulet.
"
Viktranka wrote:
@gansus

You can calculate dps with different gear in POB fork, you can't put it on console, only on pc but you can import console characters by swapping a dropdown from pc to ps4 / xbox.

You can also copy potential gear from trade listings or simulate a craft in POB to make an item you don't own and compare.

I would prio getting a +2 gems amulet (+1 dex +1 chaos) if they exist on console (I bought one on pc for 5ex) and anointing it yourself. The "SSF way" to make it is: pick a hunter-influenced amulet lvl 82+, alt spam for +1 dex, augment chaos from harvest (might need 2-3 augments), this method will go away next patch but atm it's the easiest way to make strong dps amulet.

I am on ps4 as well. +2 ammys exist they are just extremely expensive. 20 to 30ex for +2 and chaos multi.

Got my kintsugi for 4 ex non linked. (you dont need a 6 link)

also ps4 builds can be imported into POB just like PC. we can do virutally everything a PC player can we just dont have a good trade market where you can filter for exactly what you want. But as far as POB goes we have all the same features and power.

can even do custom loot filters on console. just cant use custom sounds.

for amulet a +1 with life is all i have and i really think its all you need. author states all content in game can be done on basic +3 bow which may be true but the boss kills would be SLOOOOWWW lol.

the annointment is easy to do and the oils to do it should only cost 20c or so (pn ps4). so you dont need to buy an amulet with that on it, super easy to do yourself.

I may league start this in 3.14 but transition into elemental hit once i have gear and currency. this build struggles a bit too much in the single target department without mega min maxing.
Last edited by Ogerlordzz on Mar 13, 2021, 6:47:58 PM
@Viktranka
Thx a lot for taking the time to answer and giving advice :)

@Ogerlordzz
I agree with you about the PS4 market. The real problem (in my opinion) is most PS4 players won't get the time to post items anywhere to be able to sell them. It's different on PC, I guess because you can swap windows in a direct way and do it. Besides, PS4 tend not to take the time to do things out of the game (just a true state, no criticism involved). So buying in PS4 turns into looking for someone online that very moment and, as the number of items (meaning really good items here) is lower, prices are kind of set by seller online and buyer need to get that item in that moment. So item's prices are much more volatile, in my opinion, than they are on PC. This discussion would probably go to the ingame trade system again if we go on. But as nowadays only premium stash can be shown, you cant address a player not online by any means in PS4 and so on, well... I cant still understand why GGG does not include it in the game, at least on PS4: typically console players do want it for sure, much more than PC players do. I have played both and it is something difficult not to realize.

And about the anointment, well, I would need the Constitution one (my talisman is providing 11% life and i dont think i can assume losing that, honestly; Corruption is SO tempting, though...) and Golden oils are not less 50 chaos at any time I have been able to check.

Thx for your help, too, and i will probably buy your Kintsugi as soon as i am able to ;) Trying to hoard some ex while i struggle to reach level 95 (i am really a bad player, too bad perception to be safe and sound at all) and it is hard for me, he.
"
gansus wrote:
And about the anointment, well, I would need the Constitution one (my talisman is providing 11% life and i dont think i can assume losing that, honestly; Corruption is SO tempting, though...) and Golden oils are not less 50 chaos at any time I have been able to check.
Idk how much life you have because your characters are private, I also don't know whether you play hardcore or softcore, but you shouldn't need constitution if your other items have good life rolls. If they don't, you should upgrade that aspect first. If you use cluster jewels, using small ones with fettle or similar cheaper life node can help too.

Having 5k life for sc and 6-7k life for hc should be a good aim as long as your other stats are in place (like dodge or chaos resist).

If you really need life anoint but can't afford golden oil, discipline and training only requires silver oils (2) and cruel preparation requires 1 silver oil no golden.

If you want to be more tanky and you don't have aspect of the crab yet, try to get it, also consider capping chaos res and going for Divine Flesh (glorious vanity jewel w/ Xibaqua).
Gonna try to make my chars public... Thought they were, honestly. Gonna change that if possible. EDIT: Guess I did it now

Well, in fact when I spoke about Golden Oil being much more expensive than Ogerlordzz told, I was just showing surprise: in fact, now I do can afford to buy a pair of Golden ones. I think my constant search for more life is really motivated by my bad perception, awareness and kind of absent-minded personality (my daughter was watching me play like a month ago and told me something like "Dad, in this game life bar goes down just instantly sometimes and can't see why"; of course, turned my head a bit to directly look at the jar but ... dead before I could hit R1 to use that potion that solves corrupted blood... that's me :P). And because I've also had my share of one-shots. But I guess one Kintsugi and more attention when playing can be much more helpful than Constitution, and Corruption would be a better choice, probably (and much cheaper, for sure).

Hope my equipment and so on are visible now, and I would like you guys to tell me whether I'm right or not when thinking life numbers in my equipment is not the real problem, but resistances, in fact.

Will try to get aspect of the crab, as you recommend, too.

So many things to do before I can consider the char "finished" (+2 support socketed gems from Katarina to craft the bow, crafting the amulet, the bow if i can, too, getting aspect of the crab...). Don't really know whether I love it or hate it, to be honest :P
Last edited by gansus on Mar 14, 2021, 1:12:30 PM
@gansus

Oh yea, you aren't resist capped on fire and cold, this is something you must have on any build really.

You should try to pack as many resists as you can on the rings, and if you still can't cap them use catalysts that buff resists.

Last resort you can anoint crystal skin or cruel preparation but you shouldn't really need to do that to cap resists.

And possibly get a small jewel with corrupted blood immunity.

Another thing is you should respec from the frenzy path to the onslaught path because the frenzy one doesn't really help that much. The onslaught one gives you more movement speed and evasion, so its more defensive.

You also need lvl 21 caustic arrow gem (even without quality).

Idk how's market on console standard, but you can look into awakened gems too, it takes long to level them so good to start early.

The chase avatar and avatar of the slaughter is... well, a BIG mistake I did not even check twice, damm it.

And about the 21 level CA, im still doing the trip to level multiple CA to level 20, using one gemscutter to get it to 20% quality, then again leveling to 20 to vaal it then... Have done it with about 8 CA gems up to now... but still no luck in getting the 21 level CA as a result. Guess theres not much more of a way than buying one and thats it, i pressume. Or maybe I am doing something wrong in the process?

About the corrupted blood inmunity, yep, i know, but have not yet found a gem good enough to include it instead of other ones and have no enough spare passive points to add one small jewel... up to now.

Will make your suggested changes ASAP: most of them are direct one, thx

"
gansus wrote:
And about the 21 level CA, im still doing the trip to level multiple CA to level 20, using one gemscutter to get it to 20% quality, then again leveling to 20 to vaal it then... Have done it with about 8 CA gems up to now... but still no luck in getting the 21 level CA as a result. Guess theres not much more of a way than buying one and thats it, i pressume. Or maybe I am doing something wrong in the process?
Usually you can buy 21/0 for fairly cheap outside of early league (not sure about standard, but standard is never "early" state). Then you can level spares in weapon swap for your own corruption. +1 level is better than 20% quality.
Understood, thx. I will buy the 21 level CA as soon as i enter the game again, if one is available. Thx again
IS augment chaos gone from Harvest now?

I've been trying to get my +2 amulet finished off (wearing a +1 right now with life, but have one in the stash waiting) ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info