[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
FeFFoM wrote:
Thanks man, gonna rush those levels today, one last question. You value a tabula better then a 5l +1gem level bow, right?

They're about equal in power. +1 5-link has lower dps but allows use of better armour. Tabula offers greater firepower and flexibility (you can gem swap DoFL/Conc effect) at cost of defence. Bow should be enough for white maps, Tabula can carry you through yellows.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 17, 2019, 11:00:27 AM
Thanks alot for this awesome guide. SO far I am doing really good, but when i compare your PoB with my PoB it is a difference of 600k Dot dps and I dont see what I am doing wrong. Maybe you can have a quick look and guide me in the right direction.

keep up the good work
Dankaw,
In your guide you had this to say about the increased duration enchant:

Duration enchant allows to drop skill effect duration nodes in exchange for even higher damage, at cost of QoL/utility of other skills (Wither, IC, 15% CA duration)

I just bought an increased duration helm and was wondering which nodes I should respec to gain this damage boost.
"
hornyhostage wrote:
Thanks alot for this awesome guide. SO far I am doing really good, but when i compare your PoB with my PoB it is a difference of 600k Dot dps and I dont see what I am doing wrong. Maybe you can have a quick look and guide me in the right direction.

keep up the good work

* 15 Wither stacks
* Frenzy charges
* Despair curse
* Malevolence aura
* Are you always on Full Life? ✓

These are all damage increases you gotta check. Have in mind that my PoB is set up to quickly see tooltip damage (In Combat, normal monster), with possiblity of checking boss damage (Effective DPS, boss or Shaper).

"
Zaalsm wrote:
Dankaw,
In your guide you had this to say about the increased duration enchant:

Duration enchant allows to drop skill effect duration nodes in exchange for even higher damage, at cost of QoL/utility of other skills (Wither, IC, 15% CA duration)

I just bought an increased duration helm and was wondering which nodes I should respec to gain this damage boost.

There are only two duration clusters on the passive tree, and this build picks up one of them. They're both in Scion area. Instead of those 3 points, take any jewel slot or one of the nearby damage nodes (Avatar of Hunt with dmg/MS is prolly best).
How many jewel sockets do you suggest do unlock by level 90/94? I only have 1 so far at level 85. Thanks in advance!
Favorite caustic arrow mtx/setup?
i have a few things I'm looking to upgrade and wanted to ask for some advice on what would be the most impactful for the cost.

- looking for another 10% iiq ventor's. trying to get one for under 2ex
- a higher quantity/life amulet. will probably be ~2ex
- a quiver with more life and better mods. also around 2ex
- craft a thicket bow for more aps. probably the cheapest upgrade since i can sell my current bow
- maybe some boots with more life/res

i five linked my kintsugi's last night. would the cursed frenzy setup with enhance be the best thing to 5 link?

would you recommend replacing stone golem with dread banner? i'm worried about my mana if i use dread banner, especially since i don't want mana regen with the distillate flask

any other suggestions on my build are definitely welcomed!

Last edited by qaizr on Mar 18, 2019, 1:32:15 PM
"
ArtificialKid wrote:
How many jewel sockets do you suggest do unlock by level 90/94? I only have 1 so far at level 85. Thanks in advance!

As many as you can, as they're potentially the strongest nodes on the tree. 2 point jewels are extremely cost efficient (especially %max life) if there are 3 good mods on them. It just takes money to get and compared to other gear, they're not priority. The bonuses gained from jewels are not major, but still a bonus compared to your typical nodes.

"
Lupofin wrote:
Favorite caustic arrow mtx/setup?

Celestial CA is the only mtx i bought in PoE, everything else is stash tabs. Build looks good by default, Kintsugi + Lion Pelt just fit together. Throw in bulkier boots/gloves to match the armour/helmet and you're good.

A thing to note about Celestial CA, is that visuals are tricky and AoE is bigger than it looks. Basic CA effect is absolutely amazing to show actual radius of that thing. This can be a massive con for some people, keep that in mind.

"
qaizr wrote:
Spoiler
i have a few things I'm looking to upgrade and wanted to ask for some advice on what would be the most impactful for the cost.

- looking for another 10% iiq ventor's. trying to get one for under 2ex
- a higher quantity/life amulet. will probably be ~2ex
- a quiver with more life and better mods. also around 2ex
- craft a thicket bow for more aps. probably the cheapest upgrade since i can sell my current bow
- maybe some boots with more life/res

i five linked my kintsugi's last night. would the cursed frenzy setup with enhance be the best thing to 5 link?

would you recommend replacing stone golem with dread banner? i'm worried about my mana if i use dread banner, especially since i don't want mana regen with the distillate flask

any other suggestions on my build are definitely welcomed!

Quiver and Amulet are definitely what i would replace ASAP. Quiver can be easily crafted with little to no investment (well, you need those ~300 alts or so). Everything else looks OK/good.

Yep, Enhance is prolly the best choice, especially after buffs to curse effect against bosses. It's not much since the bonus is additive with Wither totem, but it's still that max ~5% more dmg.

If you're using Div Distillate, then Clarity is not necessary other than for some bosses. Flask gives around 25-30 mana per second which is more regen than what Clarity gives you. You might have troubles being at full mana actually.

I would definitely get higher rolls on Jade flask for sure. Other than that, get those duration nodes. Seriously, just grab them. I take no for an answer.
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 18, 2019, 2:17:13 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
Spoiler
Quiver and Amulet are definitely what i would replace ASAP. Quiver can be easily crafted with little to no investment (well, you need those ~300 alts or so). Everything else looks OK/good.

Yep, Enhance is prolly the best choice, especially after buffs to curse effect against bosses. It's not much since the bonus is additive with Wither totem, but it's still that max ~5% more dmg.

If you're using Div Distillate, then Clarity is not necessary other than for some bosses. Flask gives around 25-30 mana per second which is more regen than what Clarity gives you. You might have troubles being at full mana actually.

I would definitely get higher rolls on Jade flask for sure. Other than that, get those duration nodes. Seriously, just grab them. I take no for an answer.

i'll definitely craft a quiver today. i don't know why i forgot crafting one was a good option. and i'll respec into the duration nodes. for some reason i thought we were supposed to get the mana nodes :oops:

thanks for the quick reply!
Last edited by qaizr on Mar 18, 2019, 3:30:09 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Herorewind/characters

Hey, been loving your build this season. I'm playing SSF so keep that in mind but wondering what I should focus on upgrading next?

I havn't found an empower yet unfortunately but my 6l bow craft is probably my favorite item I've ever crafted. Was super lucky finding 3 exalts and used 2 to craft the bow and slammed 28% light res as the last mod.

Do you think Three-Step Boots are usable if I have maxed resist elsewhere? Or am I better off just using yellow evasion boots?

I'm also using grave inside an essence worm because I havn't found a high evasion roll helmet yet and they bring me from like 63% evasion to 75%.

I was thinking about focusing primarily on 5/6 linking my Kintsugi next and trying to chaos spam a decent helmet.

Are gripped gloves the best base?

Overall for SSF I think I've been insanely lucky, just about to hit level 90.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info