[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
any current league vids of boss kills? just curious of the kind of single target damage this can put out

Top end dps is around twice as much as what you can see on 3.4/3.5 videos, depending how hard you want to go for dps.

"
fakado wrote:
Spoiler
Made a quick video of T15 Waste Pool map, corrupted with 8 mods, nothing scary for this build.

Though did a bit of a whoopsie at the end there and forgot to switch out LMP for Swift Affliction, so initial boss damage wasn't that good.
Pretty sure Doedre there also gets huge defensive buffs over time unless you turn the valve but generally most T15 bosses drop dead within 5-15 seconds unless they have phases.
Minotaur in T16 took me about 30 seconds to kill in a pretty nasty map yesterday, though don't have a video for it.

Normal Atziri/Uber Izaro are swatted away like flies, can safely farm lab without even paying much attention to anything other than traps.

Should probably get myself a Kintsugi and a Frenzy/curse on hit setup but I keep forgetting :')

Aside from that though, DankawSL, what would you recommend for me to get as an upgrade next? I'm considering a level 4 empower to replace Damage on Full life (or Conc effect maybe?).. 4-5 link Kintsugi and qualitied offensive gems. Not sure where else to go past this besides one of the mad synthesis implicit bows (I don't understand crafting so thats hardly an option :I )

If I get another T16 guardian, I'll do another video unless others do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrYsso2Fd0E&feature=youtu.be

There's tons of basic upgrades you should've done at this point:

* Missing Frenzy CoH setup, as you've noticed yourself
* 20% quality on your gems, use that lvl 20 -> lvl 1 20% quality recipe (sucks for ~1 hour, then it's all back to the same level)
* You didn't respec Ranger's projectile nodes, that should've been done long time ago
* Gear wise it's all good, but that right ring is a bit weak. It's kinda hard to get 5% evade chance from my experience, so i understand. Kintsugi heavily recommended ofc.
* Empower 4 obviously. Replace DoFL since Conc Effect is mitigated by additional arrows.
* Bow wise, it's synthesised or elder bow. I still gotta do more research on the former (i know what they can roll, but price wise).
* There's always crafting section for other gear.

"
Krazy_X wrote:
I bought a +1/+2 6L bow for 2.5ex on Synth SC a few days ago. With a few more chaos (as you already have 2ex) you can probably get one too, in case you are not into crafting.

There's a reason why i always mention self-crafting. People are crafting such bows and selling at much higher price than the cost to make one - just like in real life with other goods. Except here you can easily do it yourself. It's impossible to fail with step by step guide. Don't buy finished bows, their prices are a crime (more often than not).

"
fakado wrote:
Aye, I'm still working on the enchantment, sadly no luck getting it after a bunch of runs :/ Price isn't an issue though, sitting at 18ex worth of currency right now, just searching for something to throw it towards.

I believe there are services where people are running specific helmer/boot base and try to hit the enchant for you. Obviously you would have to pay an extra but well. Might be something to consider.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:

"
fakado wrote:
Spoiler
Made a quick video of T15 Waste Pool map, corrupted with 8 mods, nothing scary for this build.

Though did a bit of a whoopsie at the end there and forgot to switch out LMP for Swift Affliction, so initial boss damage wasn't that good.
Pretty sure Doedre there also gets huge defensive buffs over time unless you turn the valve but generally most T15 bosses drop dead within 5-15 seconds unless they have phases.
Minotaur in T16 took me about 30 seconds to kill in a pretty nasty map yesterday, though don't have a video for it.

Normal Atziri/Uber Izaro are swatted away like flies, can safely farm lab without even paying much attention to anything other than traps.

Should probably get myself a Kintsugi and a Frenzy/curse on hit setup but I keep forgetting :')

Aside from that though, DankawSL, what would you recommend for me to get as an upgrade next? I'm considering a level 4 empower to replace Damage on Full life (or Conc effect maybe?).. 4-5 link Kintsugi and qualitied offensive gems. Not sure where else to go past this besides one of the mad synthesis implicit bows (I don't understand crafting so thats hardly an option :I )

If I get another T16 guardian, I'll do another video unless others do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrYsso2Fd0E&feature=youtu.be

There's tons of basic upgrades you should've done at this point:

* Missing Frenzy CoH setup, as you've noticed yourself
* 20% quality on your gems, use that lvl 20 -> lvl 1 20% quality recipe (sucks for ~1 hour, then it's all back to the same level)
* You didn't respec Ranger's projectile nodes, that should've been done long time ago
* Gear wise it's all good, but that right ring is a bit weak. It's kinda hard to get 5% evade chance from my experience, so i understand. Kintsugi heavily recommended ofc.
* Empower 4 obviously. Replace DoFL since Conc Effect is mitigated by additional arrows.
* Bow wise, it's synthesised or elder bow. I still gotta do more research on the former (i know what they can roll, but price wise).
* There's always crafting section for other gear.

Thanks for response!

Completely forgot about the vendor recipe for gems, was almost dreading having to spend a bunch of currency on 20q high level gems.

- The ranger nodes was a conscious decision so that I have more damage as I haven't really been struggling with deaths in maps; I'm not a uber elder farmer so most bosses don't hit hard enough to get through my HP bar, but it probably is better to be safe than sorry. Will respec out of the projectile nodes and pick up a few more life nodes and Golem's Blood (Lose 35k DoT Dps from losing ranger projectile nodes ;__;). Will be very helpful for delving though.

- I bought this ring a few days back, will have a look again later, I'm sure by now there's a few half-decent rings, maybe some with resistance too so I can stay capped after I get a Kintsugi.

- I was wondering between DoFL and Conc Effect as my line of thinking was along the lines of "If I throw out Conc Effect, I could possibly replace my quiver with that new Synthesis 3 link one" but to be honest losing +1 arrow and +pierce would be probably feel much worse in the long run. Plus throwing out DoFL would let me stay at full damage even when in delve zones or hit by a sprinkle of damage in a map.

- Curious how effective, if at all, my Quiver's 'Chance to Blind' and 'Chance to Maim' are. I'd like to think the Chance to Blind does its magic in sometimes saving me from hits alongside rest of my evasion, but to be honest I'm not sure whether CA actually procs those two effects. (I imagine so, since targets are still 'hit', especially when piercing, right?)
Hello again, i'm trying to buy the first 6L bow, does it need to be rare or normal is fine too?
Hello,

Should i quality the gem to 20 first, and than vaal is?
Or should i vaal it and than make quality 20?

Regards
"
Karma_HD wrote:
Hello,

Should i quality the gem to 20 first, and than vaal is?
Or should i vaal it and than make quality 20?

Regards

quality first - after vaal u cant edit this gem, also can have 19 or 20 or 21 lv ur gem its rng :)
u can level 19 -> 20 one more time, but still... cant get 21 lv and sell to vendor

also when u have gem on 20 lv and sell to vendor with one gemcutter prism u get back 1 lv gem with 20 quality.

"
ArtificialKid wrote:
Hello again, i'm trying to buy the first 6L bow, does it need to be rare or normal is fine too?

Requirement bow its ilvl 64+

when u use fosil u need to have gold bow (u can use alchemy orb on normal bow or regal on blue one(its not important what stats bow have before u spam fosil combo)

/hope u can understand me ;)

Last edited by fuksdelux on Mar 16, 2019, 8:40:52 AM
Hi,

It's very hard to find a ring with the evade chance on it on hardcore. Should I craft one myself by spamming chaos orbs?

Or is there a better method?
i was thinking about buying a new 6L bow to craft when this 6L maraketh dropped in a Mao Kun map today! literally 10 minutes after i did a couple searches on trade it dropped :D

it only took 4 resonators to land this pretty sweet bow

I just died on my divine ire on ssfhc, i got a lvl 35 bow 5l with +1 to lvl bows gem on my bag and i decided to try your build on ssfhc, is there any special tip for ssf players?
"
Lupofin wrote:
Hi,

It's very hard to find a ring with the evade chance on it on hardcore. Should I craft one myself by spamming chaos orbs?

Or is there a better method?

Nope, chaos spam seemed like the best method. Only other method would be Dense fossil spam, but well... it disables life rolls so you would have at best crafted 55 life.

You can always run Grace instead of Malevolence and use 8% evade chance Watcher's Eye like in previous version of the build. Still works, you're simply missing out decent chunk of damage.

"
FeFFoM wrote:
I just died on my divine ire on ssfhc, i got a lvl 35 bow 5l with +1 to lvl bows gem on my bag and i decided to try your build on ssfhc, is there any special tip for ssf players?

Some things to note:

* The usual, use Tabula until you have +2 5-link or 6-link bow.
* Use Grace aura during mapping as with lower dps than on trade league, monsters have more chances to fight back. Especially synthesis mobs with their off-screen projectile barrage.
* Try to craft your flasks ASAP, they're extremely important. I collected quality flasks and vendored for baubles to speed up the process.
* Synthesis prophecy/essence nodes are amazing.
* If you happen to farm up The Porcupine div card, you can craft +2 bow gems with Dread essences. Also applies to your 5-link bow.
* Gem swapping is tedious but greatly improves clear. GMP <-> Swift Affliction
* Betrayal encounters are important, that chaos DoT multiplier mod gives a lot of damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks man, gonna rush those levels today, one last question. You value a tabula better then a 5l +1gem level bow, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info