[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

I know that i've been really slow to respond this league, but i'm trying my best to push SSFHC ladder. There's a small/decent chance of me hitting top 10, so i'm spending most of my time farming. I've done pretty much everything i wanted to before focusing on pure farming - that is getting +3 6-link and setting up my atlas. All that's left for me is to focus on experience and get that level 100. If everything goes well, i will hit it somewhere next week. That's where i'll finally focus on updating the guide.

"
Herorewind wrote:
Ok, thank you for the tips! Rolling 3 off colours on evasion bases is what has steered me away from fixing my gems, but I'll work on that next (don't have 3R recipe yet).

You can use jeweller's method to easily get desired colour setup. In short, first you should guarantee 2 colours and then reduce the number of sockets to 2 and then to 3 again until you get right colour. The first 2 sockets won't change colours, but the 3rd one that appears will. It's mostly useful 3+ off colour setup.

"
Lupofin wrote:
Does it matter what level the bow is? For example, would a short bow be good because it has 1.5 AS?

Or is there some kind of item level it needs, or base?

Everything you need to know is inside crafting section. From item level, to base, to crafting method. Everything i could think of. Level of the base itself (do not confuse with item level) is irrelevant. Only attack speed/%MS implicit matters.

"
Magnum1484 wrote:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Magnum1484/characters

i dont normally ask for help...but i need alittle guidance on what to do

i know i dont have all the gem setups well practically none of them and i havnt actually done any crafting in any league(mostly cause i dont get alot of currency nor do i know how to craft...crafting is a bit overwhelming for me)...what should i be working towards right now...i know getting the gem setup is important but i dont know what piece of gear i should try to upgrade first..

i just need a bit of direction on where to go

Answer is everything.

* You most definitely check too few rare items, be sure to download a decent loot filter. Neversink is always a good choice.
* Your gear should prioritize life and resistances. The more the better. You can also find crafting bench inside your hideout to craft mods on your items.
* Lilly in act 6 and 10 sells every possible gem. Try to fix your setups as you upgrade your gear.

This is your priority right now. It's quite obvious that you're green at this game despite having a lot of characters. I honestly can't help you without doing a heavy teaching of basic mechanics and activities (such as trading for example). I won't be doing that tho. You should check out Twilight Strand beginner guide to help you understand some things you might not know yet. I personally haven't read it but i've seen a lot of praise about it. If you still have troubles, let me know in few days. I'll check how much you've progressed.

"
Lupofin wrote:
If I were to roll trickster, do I go the same armour/weapon progression?

For the most part, yes. Mid-end game progression changes however. Things like ES helmet, different body armour and flask setups. There's a lot of things you can do to tweak Trickster atm.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 20, 2019, 5:35:24 PM

I guess this guy is a "little" overtuned. I tried the fight since i felt confident after the previous one that i basically facerolled few levels earlier. This guy tho, launched 2 attacks (with nearly 0 indication) that easily took ~70% of my life in a no dmg mod followed by whole arena lightning up finishing me off. Technically he burned through my ~20k life (including life pots) in ~4 seconds. Unfortunately i didn't record the fight.

I honestly have no idea how i could prevent death outside of popping vaal grace, if the spell dodge could work against the lightning beam attack anyway.

You can expect update in few days.
interesting. haven't seen that dude yet. should be fun
Oh man - my heart just breaks for you - so close to 100 - I was rooting for you !!!

Thanks though for this awesome build and the detailed explanations - I'm not that great a player, but with your build I got further than I ever have before and I still feel strong at this point. This is my 3rd league and I get further every time thanks to you and your timely updates !!!!!
Quick question:

I just reached maps, resistances are almost capped, flasked are in process of making/buying, lvl 72, 3.7k of life.

Made bow yesterday (Thicket bow, ilvl 78. 6L, correct socket colors), but.. i have mod adds 11 do 23 cold damage, is that a problem?

Rest of the mods are:

+2 to level of socketed bow gems
+9 life gained on kill

and i crafted 10% increased attack speed (that i can change to 20% increased damage over time or something..)

But my main concern is if cold damage is a problem, also if its possible giving me general opinion..about my char and what should i 1st focus on upgrading.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Saint_and_Sinner

Char is NaturalRanger.

Im currently working on ex and half budget.

Thx in advance for your kind answer/s.
"
xMustard wrote:
interesting. haven't seen that dude yet. should be fun

https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b3y9ba/update_about_synthesis_league_changes/ej31an9/

Seems like not only i had troubles with this guy. If only i knew about it earlier...

I've consulted boss killer from my guild, Twisted Synthete is the only scary one from the 4 mini-boss. Each boss has different way of activating the probes (technically Filimites, but they look like probe from SC2). This fight activates them as you enter their "slice", which is the only boss that actively punishes you for dodging. He apparently has a spinning attack that forces you to activate all probes too - that's a quick death once he starts up his lightning beam attack that covers whole screen (probes are sending beams to each other).

He also has physical vortex spell (you can see it on screenshot) that heavily slows you down while the degen rapidly stacks up. This spell is used by normal monsters in memories, but this one is simply bigger and hits harder. If you're not moving when he's about to finish casting (if you can actually see what he's doing), that might very easily kill you. There's one more attack that i've been hit by, however i have NO CLUE what it was.

Honestly, this and previous fight were straight up disasters. If you want to fight him, kill him before he's able to do anything. To remind, my fight lasted ~8 seconds with ~4 seconds of me trying to survive another attack.

"
Spoiler
Quick question:

I just reached maps, resistances are almost capped, flasked are in process of making/buying, lvl 72, 3.7k of life.

Made bow yesterday (Thicket bow, ilvl 78. 6L, correct socket colors), but.. i have mod adds 11 do 23 cold damage, is that a problem?

Rest of the mods are:

+2 to level of socketed bow gems
+9 life gained on kill

and i crafted 10% increased attack speed (that i can change to 20% increased damage over time or something..)

But my main concern is if cold damage is a problem, also if its possible giving me general opinion..about my char and what should i 1st focus on upgrading.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Saint_and_Sinner

Char is NaturalRanger.

Im currently working on ex and half budget.

Thx in advance for your kind answer/s.

If i didn't mention it, then it's most likely irrelevant, cold damage only breaks classic crafting method which is inefficient nowadays. Your gear is allright, but change those 3 levelling uniques. Also try crafting a +3 bow with fossils since you have a budget for it. Replace mana flask since you shouldn't need it anymore, get another utility flask. You should eventually get CWDT-IC setup as well. Do that and you're good to go.

Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 22, 2019, 7:53:29 AM
Thank you for your reply,best of luck!
I have a question does dot with bow skills stack with the regular dot nodes you have on you skill tree. There is a cluster of dot with bow skills near the bottom of the tree that grants you big damage and it branches right off your tree. is it worth adding those nodes?
Since we are using the new Malevolence aura now i would assume the new best jewel is a watchers eye with the attribute

+(18-22)% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence

AND/OR

(15-20)% increased Recovery rate of Life and Energy Shield while affected by Malevolence

right?

A jewel with both of this skills would boost the damage and the survivability of the build by a huge amout, is that correct?
"
R0T_IN wrote:
I have a question does dot with bow skills stack with the regular dot nodes you have on you skill tree. There is a cluster of dot with bow skills near the bottom of the tree that grants you big damage and it branches right off your tree. is it worth adding those nodes?

FAQ: Why don't you pick X node on the passive tree?
A: Because jewels are better, period. I provide level 94 tree that's as efficient as possible, many people won't even reach it. If you're above that level, it probably means you have resources to make or buy good jewels that will be worth using over the nodes you have in mind.

To expand - what would you give up for more damage? Life? Amazing QoL nodes? Mana nodes? They're all important for the build.

"
BadUncle23 wrote:
Spoiler
Since we are using the new Malevolence aura now i would assume the new best jewel is a watchers eye with the attribute

+(18-22)% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence

AND/OR

(15-20)% increased Recovery rate of Life and Energy Shield while affected by Malevolence

right?

A jewel with both of this skills would boost the damage and the survivability of the build by a huge amout, is that correct?

Yes, the first Watcher's Eye mod is absolute BiS for any chaos DoT skill. It's going to be extremely expensive due to chaos spells being popular this league (for a good reason). Only rich players can afford one, any bonus good mod ups the price even higher.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info