To those who play Warframe

You are talking tanky, yet nobody is talking about Valkyr. You know, 700 armor base Valkyr prime, no? :@
Wondering if I'm putting resources in the right place. From what I've researched so far you can get up to 10x effective hp from armor (with buffs up, and so on).

The only problem is this pesky toxin damage. :v
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 23, 2018, 2:02:04 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Both became notably less prevalent with changes over the years, however: Stealth rules changed for the negative (enemies SEE CORPSES? BULLSHIT), new farming techniques, and rank zero weapons now start with Mod Cap equal to MR. Jammed a Forma into Amprex, but I just leveled it by murdering stuff, Invasions and the Razorback Armada mostly.

(I just wanna talk about Warframe)

I feel like stealth would be much more fun if enemies that came across a corpse would stop and look around for a moment, rather than immediately running for an alarm. They’d still go apeshit if they actually saw somebody die. This would give you a moment to carefully execute one of them when in packs (minor, potentially significant advantage, if your gear is up to snuff against one-shotting tough guys), and nullify random singular patrols, which ought to be irrelevant while stealthed anyways. Seems like a nice compromise between how I imagined stealth (and the way it seems it used to be) and how they want stealth to be balanced.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Perq wrote:
You are talking tanky, yet nobody is talking about Valkyr. You know, 700 armor base Valkyr prime, no? :@
Wondering if I'm putting resources in the right place. From what I've researched so far you can get up to 10x effective hp from armor (with buffs up, and so on).

The only problem is this pesky toxin damage. :v

Because we were specifically discussing Rhino, and not other frames, is why :P Valk is fantastic as well, no doubt; that base Armour scales superbly. She used to be roughly permanently immune to Damage, those were silly days. Bit harder to achieve now that the Hysteria drain is actually noticable, haha; now you actually need that Armour.
I love (and have) Valkyr's Gersemi skin. <3

Trinity Prime is my own go-to problemsolver though: Link offers 75% damage mitigation (and immune to KD/procs), and my current setup offers 72% from Blessing (caps at 75%). On top of that, a maxed Arcane Guardian on Trin's helmet adds up to 615 total Armour, which equates to 67.2% DR when taking Health damage.
100 * 0.25 * 0.28 * 0.328 = 2.296% damage taken on Health.
(2.05% with a maxed Blessing btw; pretty solid difference!)

Arcane Aegis on my syandana adds more survivability too: no Shield/Recharge mods comes to 97.5 total Regen when active. Good shit with all that mitigation (armour does not apply though!). You can see Aegis' effect in that video a page back, too, btw ;)
Trinity has Energy Vampire to restore her own Energy (and that of allies), plus I run Hunter's Adrenaline to convert Health Damage to Energy. Really easy to maintain buffs this way, and the Energy generation means Quick Thinking offers a sizable emergency buffer.

Trinity is a beast.

Vampire Leech is also fun at parties, and fun with a party too! Offer everyone 75% DR from Blessing, and constantly pump up the Shields/Overshields. Not part of my default setup, but I always have a separate config for it.

"
CanHasPants wrote:
I feel like stealth would be much more fun if enemies that came across a corpse would stop and look around for a moment, rather than immediately running for an alarm. They’d still go apeshit if they actually saw somebody die. This would give you a moment to carefully execute one of them when in packs (minor, potentially significant advantage, if your gear is up to snuff against one-shotting tough guys), and nullify random singular patrols, which ought to be irrelevant while stealthed anyways. Seems like a nice compromise between how I imagined stealth (and the way it seems it used to be) and how they want stealth to be balanced.

Well, they don't run for the mapwide alarm immediately, they need to actually spot a Tenno for that - but they do become alerted. Alerted enemies do not grant the stealth Affinity bonus. :( It's so easy to break the 500% bonus Affinity chain with 'just invisibility', or you have to keep running between different rooms and such... Simply not nearly as effective as Sleep Equinox or Silence Banshee. Ah well.

Probably my biggest gripe with it is that stealth-killed enemies always make sound in a ~3m radius, and enemies walk in single-file all the time, or huddle up on a singular waypoint. Even if you stab the one in the far back, odds are the next guy over 'hears' it, and becomes alerted. Meh.

I understand why they changed the stealth rules, it makes more sense, and the Affinity gain was nuts for how utterly trivial it was to set up the farm. Do like the idea of a small 'grace period' after finding the body, though.

(for reference, it used to be that stealth kills were entirely silent and enemies just didn't care about bodies; extremely easy to get that +500% Affinity on each and every kill)
Baro Ki'teer is around again, and he's got the stuff this time. Oh boy.

Primed Point Blank (300 ducats): just a shitload of base Damage. 10/10
Primed Ravage (280 ducats): Corinth, Arca Plasmor and Vaykor Hek love to Crit mean people, and Primed Ravage gives up to 110% Crit Damage! A bit specific but very good when it applies.
Primed Pistol Gambit (400 ducats): there are so many Crit Secondaries, +187% Crit Chance is divine.

I bought myself a Primed Fast Hands (Rifle reload) last time it popped up, for exactly one purpose only: Ivara's ability weapon, the Artemis Bow. So, not quite as interesting :P

He's also selling Prisma Obex (MR 0, 500 ducats), which are insanely fast Sparring weapons that can use Entropy Detonation to explode enemies on ground finishers. That's gonna be fun <3

The Prisma Gorgon (MR 11, 600 ducats) is a fine piece of work too. A more crit-oriented variant of the regular Gorgon, but Soma Prime exists and is also very good. On a personal note, LMGs are on the boring end of guns.

Shopping advice:
- if you enjoy shotguns, Primed Point Blank is a mandatory pickup. Plenty targets to use it with.
- Primed Pistol Gambit has by far the most targets; 15%/2x is good enough to run Crit with.
- Ravage is good but specifc.
- Fast Hands is extremely specific and not a huge upgrade even then.
- Prisma Obex is much stronger than regular Obex - good Sparring pickup.
- Prisma Gorgon is honestly replacable by Soma Prime, unless you happen to have a Gorgon Riven.
- 3-day Credit Boosters are great but imo 350 ducats is expensive.

EDIT: hahaha, Obex Riven from today's sortie. Don't worry game, I already picked up my Prisma Obex.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 23, 2018, 11:31:25 AM
I’m unimpressed with the weapon offerings on Xbox (Viper and Vulkar Wraith).

Primed Reach, Cryo Rounds, and Continuity all sound nice though. I may go for Reach, if only for Atterax and Galatine, and will definitely go for Continuity as I only have a damaged one atm. Big reason I haven’t really used Loki Prime yet; stealth duration is nearly useless. He’s also offering Primed Morphic Transfer (meh) and Bane of Corrupted (may be more important later on than I give credit for? or?)

Also, Prisma Shade.

Seems like it should be pretty easy to farm ducats while grinding random Lith/Meso defense fissures for rare components (already doing for Frost Prime BP). Just need to pick duplicates for a day or two instead of Forma. Still, probably won’t be able to get all of that, so I’m still figuring out what I want to prioritize. Definitely Continuity first, then... Shade? Maybe? I don’t know, I really like Taxon’s overshields, but Shade’s Ghost might be sweet for Grineer spy missions, might be irrelevant thanks to Continuity + Loki.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Feb 23, 2018, 1:32:04 PM
Ah, Baro's stock is different between platforms, right! First time I really ran into that, sorry :P Well hey, gives me more to talk about, so, I'm sorry guys.

Those are all good Prime mods tbh, that's a nice selection. I run Primed Reach on pretty much every single weapon, unless I absolutely must make space (Condition Overload + Healing Return setups can require a lot of Mods). It's fantabulous. <3
Bane mods are the final multiplicative modifier you can add to a weapon (base dmg, added dmg, crit chance, crit mult, bane), and the Prime versions yield high enough returns to be worthwhile. I personally don't rate them super high because this level of min-maxy goodness isn't necessary until very late, Cryo Rounds is more interesting imo, but they're certainly legit. Eventually.

I don't much like Shade's cloak; it goes on cooldown after uncloaking, for ten seconds, and it breaks easily. Meh. Loki or Ash with Energy Siphon are permanently invisible already, and don't break when hitting a dude; that will cover all your Stealth needs. If you want a tankier Sentinel, there's Carrier Prime 'n the like. I would advise going for the Prime Mods over Prisma Shade any day of the week. :)

On the other hand, I wouldn't discount Vulkar Wraith that quickly. It's one of the stronger mid-rangey snipers around, really the only thing it's "missing" is Crit Chance (and that's still 20%!). Its high base Damage and scope/Syndicate mod bonuses make it a very reliable one-tapper though. The Syndicate mod even heals you for a bit :)
Of course, whether Snipers are even interesting to you or not is the most relevant factor there. Statistically it's a very solid weapon, but that's just numbers.

Sidenote for Loki: have you played around on the Plains yet? Should be easy to get your hands on another Duration mod that way, common part of the Augur set. Just checkin' ;)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 23, 2018, 2:08:31 PM
I’ve done a little bit in Plains, but not much. We took down an Eidolon, but tbh I had to go afk mid fight because of the daughter, so I have no idea what went down or what the rewards were.

I’ve mostly been focusing on nightmare and alerts, fissures when there’s neither of those, and either star map progress when I’m disinterested in any of those three or farming when I need more Orokin Cells for Forma. My current immediate priority is alerts for Nitain Extract and Energy Siphon; still haven’t seen either. I’ve been watching the alerts twitter feed on the wiki, but can’t make sense of it as not all of the alerts seem to appear, and some alerts appear that are not on the feed.

Edit: Just figured it out XD

I guess I ought to prioritize Reach over Continuity, since it’s immediately beneficial whereas I still need other mods to do any serious energy modding. Then either Cryo or Vulkar Wraith as both are also dependant upon a lot of extra work / missing stuff to build with.

OT in OT: I’m still super bummed that DE would not refund my accidental purchase of Twin Grakata (meant to get the BP, didn’t realize I bought it outright until days later). 225 plat down the drain for no good reason; crafting from BP would have taken nearly zero effort. That was the last of my cosmetics budget, since I want to conserve the remainder of my plat for catalysts/reactors, slots, and player trades for any of the missing prime parts I don’t have by the time they’re re-vaulted.
Devolving Wilds
Land
Last edited by CanHasPants on Feb 23, 2018, 3:09:06 PM
The Auras are unfortunately very rare to show up. Corrosive Projection is a very solid early Plat investment because of that - it's one of the most generically-applicable Auras, and from memory dash-Polarities are fairly common on the Aura slot. V's are also common, but the V Auras are all more specific.

There are at least four Nitain alerts every day, but whether you catch any of those is of course still random. As for tracking them, I personally use Deathsnacks', the PC information has been accurate whenever I looked at it.
Also worth noting that these too are separate between consoles and PC; looking at the PC Twitter won't do you much good :P
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 23, 2018, 3:18:18 PM
Yeah, I was looking at the Xbox feed. What was messing me up was the time stamp appears as a duration on the feed, which I mistook for “appearing in n” and not “tweeted n ago.” Once I realized the mistake, all of the other information made more sense.

I missed three Nitain alerts today, two by approximately one hour, and one by three minutes. I wasn’t really using the alerts feed on previous days, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were much the same XD

I’ve been grabbing every aura I see, even if I don’t think they’re immediately useful. Even just having one of each polarity is nice, regardless of their effect, which I believe I do now.

The biggest ball buster is that all of the uncommon shotgun mods seem extremely rare. I really want to start polarizing slots on my Kohm, and I have all but 1 part for Tigris Prime (not sure which atm, probably the/a rare).

Nonetheless, alerts have been very rewarding. I <3 cosmetics :)
Devolving Wilds
Land
Got my focus!

Now to build it up...

(Also, have to farm relics for Prime parts that I don't need and won't sell, so I can get Ducats for the PS4 Baro next time around. He's on the Eris Kuiper Relay this week, and I'm nowhere near getting that far to even see what he has for offer.)

Edit: Auras...
I've gotten a ton... so RNG must be in my favor. I have Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, Loot Detector, Physique, Shield Disruption, Speed Holster, Sprint Boost and Steel Charge.

I mostly use Energy Siphon or Steel Charge, but I have used the rest at times (aside from speed holster)
Last edited by Zaludoz on Feb 23, 2018, 9:52:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info