Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

To those who play Warframe

"
CanHasPants wrote:
You should. It seems limited at first, but it opens up after a week or two. The amount of variety is amazing.

Finally finished crafting my first frame, Rhino, at the same time as my first prime, Braton. I decided to craft Kogake as well, since he’s a beefcake and looks like he should be punching things. I had totally dismissed sparring weapons early on, and now I’m loving them.

Just, everything is fun! (except archwings, but w/e)

I downloaded it and played through a very small portion (mostly just the intro) and it seems pretty fun.

the controls are hard for me though, like very hard this will take some serious rebinding or ill give it a go with a controller (shudders)

ive also been considering a proper gaming mouse and this may give me a reason to grab one. Thinking about a Logitech G502
I dont see any any key!
I play on PS4, and the controls are easy enough. (aiming down for slam attacks and up for bulletjumping are a bit awkward because I don't like super fast sensitivity for looking around except in those cases, and you can't specify that. With mouse aiming, I could see that aspect of the game being easier.)

So far, it's been 3 weeks now, I think, and it's been fun, playing Solo. The gameplay has always been fun to play. I'm up to MR8, and got a ton of weapons waiting to level. For most of the game, so far, it's been easy enough to mix in either leveling new frames with max weapons or max weapons on new frames while doing the starchart... but I seem to have hit a brick wall.

I need to get past Tyl Regor... which seems to mean boosting my weapons with mods and forma. (I farmed and leveled a Frost just for that battle, and my Hek just tickles him, whereas in videos, I see it shredding him... I have a long way to go - he feels like a major road block.)

And since I can't get past that planet, I can't get to Axi relics or fissures, so I can't farm several of the prime things to sell for plat, or use for personal upgrades. So I'm at a sorta standstill in my progress. Maybe I'll have to do some void treasure-room parkour dashes... I think the shotgun mods I see people using come from there. Not sure if there's a better way - and the mission that's always suggested for said farming, is after my current location - Ukko, in the void.

Maybe I'll have to break down and just join a random party of high level people who are just farming for Equinox parts, to kill the boss and move on.

PS: Bursas and -some- mastery rank tests are evil (the 24hr wait should be eliminated on failures - only adding the waiting period for success if they really think it's that important to slow down that aspect of progression, and/or trial runs where you succeed should count toward passing), and whoever designed both of those things should feel bad.
Played a bit last night with some of my friends on ps4. Our group has been rounded out by someone who, yknow, just happened to have Ember Prime lying around. So that was fun.

We've been doing Plains runs to get vaulted prime relics, which can be...difficult. If I don't take along all my cheese (Excalibur, Twin Grakatas, Soma Prime, Galatine) I'm on my arse before I know it.

On PC, I remapped the keys a bit so that slide is more conveniently located, but for the most part I adapted to whatever was thrown at me.

Even if you don't want to get involved in the community (and no one blames you if you don't) it's worth keeping an eye on the reddit or the forum to see upcoming changes. Beam weapons are due a buff quite soon but in exchange many of them are receiving jumps in mastery level requirements. I was eyeing the Amprex but it'll be MR10 before long, and I'm a humble MR6 on PC. :(
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Ooooh shit they pushed the Beam Weapon patch! Ignis no longer ignores almost every wall, boo :P Very excited though, always loved my Phage but as a beam weapon, it just couldn't quite keep up at the top-end of Warframing.

There's also finally a Razorback Armada when I'm actively playing! Yay. They've been around for a bit but I've missed all previous occurences, haha. Relatively free weapotato, can always use more of those. Will figure that stuff out tomorrow though.

"
k1rage wrote:
the controls are hard for me though, like very hard this will take some serious rebinding or ill give it a go with a controller (shudders)

Pretty sure I rebound a fair bit as well, there's some weird stuff in the defaults tbh.
First step was to separate roll and sprint of course: bah to that :P Rebinding melee to LMB felt pretty crucial. I have scrolling up as a secondary bind for 'fire weapon'; some semi-auto weapons have unreasonable fire rates. Really nice with an unlockable mousewheel <3
Gear hotkeys are not even bound by default. What the. So nice to have healing and scanners and the likes on hotkeys; I put that stuff on the F-keys, myself. Works fine.

So yeah. Rebinding can make a real difference! Hope you can find a binding that works for you :)

"
k1rage wrote:
ive also been considering a proper gaming mouse and this may give me a reason to grab one. Thinking about a Logitech G502

I like my g502. Location of the thumb buttons is spot-on for my hammies, nice mouse wheel. Being a Logitech mouse, it's not a super wide base though; dunno if that matters for you. That's something super personal :P

"
Zaludoz wrote:
PS: Bursas and -some- mastery rank tests are evil (the 24hr wait should be eliminated on failures - only adding the waiting period for success if they really think it's that important to slow down that aspect of progression, and/or trial runs where you succeed should count toward passing), and whoever designed both of those things should feel bad.

Yyyyeah I don't understand why there's a cooldown on attempting MR advancement. Ever since, I've always always looked up what the trial was beforehand (thanks wiki), and even then I ballsed up the Archwing one for MR20. The wiki suggests loading up on Sprint Speed and Hyperion Thrusters and shit: terrible idea. Itzal becomes exceedingly uncontrollable, Odonata with zero speed enhancing drugs is fast enough and much easier to control.

At least you can still earn points towards the next rank just fine. I remember looong ago the game didn't really tell you the rank-up test was available, and I didn't need the ranks at the moment. Had two and a half ranks stored up apparently. Whoops. :P

Tyl Regor really is quite a brick shithouse. Viral Damage is your best bet, and Radiation is good vs Tyl but average against the Manics. Hek's own Puncture damage is pretty fine as well. Getting the Hexclusive Scattered Justice mod is extremely sweet, it's a stupendous pile of Multishot and the proc is Real. A lot cheaper on Mod Cap than Hell's Chamber, too, for more Multishot. Best Syndicate mod everrrr.
Point Blank + Scattered Justice + Viral damage should be quite servicable as a mod setup.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 21, 2018, 7:22:49 PM
I popped into a group that shredded Tyl Regor before I could get my snow globe up (it ended up under water)... happy to be through that... now searching out the 3 caches in the only sabotage mission on Uranus.

The MR test that I hated the most was the "Follow the lines to the red ball and shoot"... since I melee EVERYTHING in this game. (I only shoot when there are bonus objectives to use guns)

The jumping test got on my nerves, but I go through after practicing it for about a dozen times. Then, after beating it a few times in the simulator, I leapt right over the first platform 2 times... still ended up pulling out the win... but... talk about sweaty hands.
The marksmanship test was *way* harder on console. I tend to melee on PC as well but I figured there'd be a marksmanship test at some point so I keep the grakatas handy.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Played some, gonna get my first prime Warframe tomorrow (Valkyr). To be honest, the monetization model is kinda annoying. I get it, they have to make money, but the way they are doing it is just annoying. Gotta admit that my complaints about PoE's system seem trivial when compared to this game.

Mastery Rank system is just pure balls. Don't even want to talk about it, because every time I do I start ranting wildly.

I'm liking the game overall - the farm itself, the lore and everything else is nice. The amount of cosmetics and Fashionframe is great, too. The missions don't get stale even after playing them over and over again.
But then again I want to try out some weapon and keep on getting smacked in the face by those dumb blue/yellow potato nonsense, or the fact that if you want to progress this idiotic master level (oh fuck, here I go...) you need to use weapons that will do literally nothing.

The have fallen to their own trap of making different versions of the same weapon, one being more powerful and other being worse. People simply ignored the weaker version and instantly went for the cool stuff. So what did they do? Locked it behind dumb MR (which you cannot rise quickly without leveling new weapons), so that people HAVE TO make them.
Similar situation in which GGG starter creating invu phases, because people are killing shit too quickly... meanwhile they have caused this themselves, lol.

All in all a good game, probably much better in terms of monetization that most other f2p games. Some annoying stuff.

In other words,
Bad:
- Master rank leveling bollocks, and locking items behind it (you gotta try all those useless weapons you won't like to level up),
- Monetization to some degree,
- Glitch fiesta.
Good:
- Mostly everything else
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 22, 2018, 7:18:52 AM
"
Zaludoz wrote:
I popped into a group that shredded Tyl Regor before I could get my snow globe up (it ended up under water)... happy to be through that... now searching out the 3 caches in the only sabotage mission on Uranus.

At least you can now put endless Titan Extractors on Uranus for those sweet polymer bundles <3 Titans regularly pull 300-500 polymer on Uranus because it counts as the common resource there - it's uncommon elsewhere, which is actually a huge difference.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Zaludoz wrote:

At least you can now put endless Titan Extractors on Uranus for those sweet polymer bundles <3 Titans regularly pull 300-500 polymer on Uranus because it counts as the common resource there - it's uncommon elsewhere, which is actually a huge difference.

Why are those sought after? I'm swimming in those and I'm yet to find good sink for them.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
With "swimming in them", do you mean 40k+? :P

Valk Prime eats 15k, Octavia requires 4800, Oberon like 1700, Harrow 4k, Marelok 5k, Scoliac 8k. Approximately 75% of all Research items require 250-800, with a few 8k+es again. 5k per Archwing section (there's two). Now, a lot of my Polymer trauma comes from pre-Uranus times; we used to farm that stuff on Mercury, because it was the best we had. Still, there's a lot of places that require bits of Polymer.

Also it's used for Squad Energy Restores (energy pizzas). Not a big deal unless you're very hungry for Energy, but it ticks along.

Also also, 1500 per Razorback Armada key.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 22, 2018, 8:34:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info