To those who play Warframe

Whoops. Good point. Patch notes forum, in case you're also interested in the hotfixes.

Exilus Adapters take 2 Forma to craft, so it's kinda five Forma even! :P Those adapters are quite the minmaxy item though, haha. Really pointless without a potato, and ususally warrants a Forma or two on top.

Not sure on the range nerf for World on Fire yet! It's uh... cozy.
New Fireball. Radius scales with Power Strength, oddly.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 14, 2018, 4:31:08 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Not sure on the range nerf for World on Fire yet! It's uh... cozy.

Sadness. :(
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I just crafted Atterax and Kohm. Fortunately, the MR nerf won’t affect me; I was just about to craft Tigris, however, and that one would. I actually meant to get started on it last night, but forgot to put it on. Glad I didn’t now.

Not sure how I feel about WoF. I don’t think it will matter much, considering I’ve already been toggling it off and on quite frequently. It seems like really bad form, deploying significant changes after incentivizing people to spend a bunch of money on it. Again, not a big deal to me personally, just bad optics, imo.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I fell in love with Kohm once I started sticking some ammo and fire rate mods on it. What a room-hoser. I still don't have Hell's Chamber though. :(

Atterax is shitsauce without a stance. Most weapons are but Atterax doubly so. Damn good at clearing infested with Burning Wasp though.

Yet to try new WoF but old WoF was broken and boring. So I'm happy to see what changes they can make to pull it away from a fire-and-forget skill. I don't think Ember will ever be as engaging as some frames, given she's a fire mage (rarely the most creative types), but there's always room to improve.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 10, 2018, 5:37:52 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I just crafted Atterax and Kohm. Fortunately, the MR nerf won’t affect me; I was just about to craft Tigris, however, and that one would. I actually meant to get started on it last night, but forgot to put it on. Glad I didn’t now.

If you had crafted it, then you'd be fine even after the patch. MR requirements only apply to the actual crafting process, not usage. That way, changes to MR don't suddely take weapons away from people currently using them. :)

Atterax is ~unreal~
What a weapon. Whips are wicked cool.

Haven't tried big-brother Kohm (I have too many shotguns), but the handheld Kohmak is hella fun as well. Kohm should be a solid choice <3

"
Yet to try new WoF but old WoF was broken and boring.

It's still the same ability. I turn it on and then go-fast. *shrug*

After the World on Fire nerf, Ember quite plainly has less survivability and more Damage in higher level missions (50+); Firequake needs range to function as CC. The former was already an issue, the latter fixed with weapons. And, WoF deals more Damage, but it still has issues with armored enemies and Disruptors all the same, both of which become quite common at these levels.
Ember still steamrolls 35 and below for free, but at a smaller range (which is awkward due to Accelerant's large stun range).

For my Starchart grinding setup, it's just a range nerf realistically speaking; fine, it was a bit much. I'm also yet less inclined to bring her to higher-level missions though. Hrm.
Just mastered my Kohm and Rhino thanks to double affinity and all those alerts. Onto Valkyr and I think...Drakgoon looks fun. Still waiting on clan research for my pew pew guns.

Amphis+Clashing Forest is pretty damn good as well.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If you had crafted it, then you'd be fine even after the patch. MR requirements only apply to the actual crafting process, not usage. That way, changes to MR don't suddely take weapons away from people currently using them. :)

I had no idea! Fortunately, I am on Xbox, so the patch just hasn’t been deployed yet. I just went on a blueprint spree and started crafting Tigris and a few others too. Unfortunately! When my wife came in and encouraged me to hurry up and finish, I accidentally bought Twin Grakatas with plat, instead of the blueprint. Kinda super bummed about that... ~$12 in plat for something I’m not even really interested in... Just wanted the blueprint in my inventory for after I max rank my primary Grakata.

"
I fell in love with Kohm once I started sticking some ammo and fire rate mods on it. What a room-hoser. I still don't have Hell's Chamber though. :(

Kohm looks extremely fun. I watched a little bit of footage of it, and it looks very versatile. Unlike other shotguns, it functions as a pseudo-rifle so long as you tapfire. I also have Hell’s Chamber for it, one of the two “good” mods I have. I look forward to pulling it out of the oven in the morning ^-^

In other news, I’m having a hard time not dual wielding Prime Sicarius and Glaive—speaking of versatility. Deadly at long ranges, fast aoe melee, and an infinite ammo launcher all rolled into one... Putting Mk1 Furis back to to rank it up was... eugh.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Feb 11, 2018, 12:57:53 AM
Currently having fun with my latest Riven mod. Really like the Detron line myself, shotgun secondaries rule. But first, I want to be a giant fucking nerd and talk about Status Chance!

Status Chance
Had slapped two Forma in Mara Detron after the big weapon update:
- Damage increased from 30 to 40 (per pellet)
- Status chance increased from 20% to 32%
- Critical chance increased from 5% to 8%
- Fire rate decreased

That amount of Status chance is very relevant for weapons with natural Multishot! With Status chance below 100%, a weapon with innate Multishot has an x% chance for at least one Status per blast - not per pellet. That's really kinda weak...

However, if you get the Status chance to 100% without Multishot mods, that suddenly goes to 100% per pellet. Crazy! After the weapon update, Mara Detron can hit 100% Status on Hit with the four Elemental/Status mods; Jolt, Scorch, Frostbite and Pistol Pestilence.
Which Status is triggered depends on the balance between Damage types. Equal damage = equal odds. Do note, Impact/Puncture/Slash (IPS Damage) get a 4x bias multiplier. Detron does not deal IPS Damage, only Radiation, so that's not a worry :D

Pistols get a total of 120% + 60% Multishot with Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent; on top of Detron's base 7 pellets, that's 19-20 Statuses per blast. Holy shit! <3

So yeah. Mara Detron, 19 or 20 pellets per blast, 100% Status chance. Really good baseline for a weapon; Radiation/Viral versus Grineer, Radiation/Magnetic/Gas versus Corpus, or Radiation/Corrosive/Blast versus Infested. Hell yeah. Proc odds are fairly balanced overall, especially on the three-type setups. Good mag size, good reload, fine spread. Only downside is Damage falloff, what with it being a shotgun.

Now, as for that Riven mod; I only need two outta four Ele/Status Mods to hit 100% :o This means my Detron can be incredibly biased towards Toxin-based procs! Currently rocking Gas Damage, at ~77% chance per pellet: Gas Statuses apply Toxin procs in an AoE, so even without Punchthrough it has pretty incredible AoE potential. Very sastisfying. Going to be checking out an Armour-ripper should there be a high-Armour Sortie, too. Should be good stuff.

Oh, and Mara Detron also has access to the Detron-exclusive Thermagnetic Shells. The AoE radius is on the low-end, but it's still nice against Infested, Damage type be damned. Probably wouldn't use it on the Sortie Armour ripper though.

In general I've kinda been on a Status kick this time 'round. Corinth with Hunter Munitions, the Mara Detron, Caustacyst... Fun times. Always used straight Damage or Critfishing before this latest stint.

EDIT: also! Medi-Ray is surprisingly awesome. Gorsh. Still gotta kill Kela some more though, still missing some of her drops..
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 20, 2018, 4:33:17 PM
I think I shall try this "Warframe".....
I dont see any any key!
You should. It seems limited at first, but it opens up after a week or two. The amount of variety is amazing.

Finally finished crafting my first frame, Rhino, at the same time as my first prime, Braton. I decided to craft Kogake as well, since he’s a beefcake and looks like he should be punching things. I had totally dismissed sparring weapons early on, and now I’m loving them.

Just, everything is fun! (except archwings, but w/e)
Devolving Wilds
Land
Last edited by CanHasPants on Feb 20, 2018, 5:08:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info