To those who play Warframe

Wife played today! I got it fixed! Had to do with Win 10 settings, believe it or not. GRRR

She played for awhile then went back to Witcher 3.
Censored.
Well and good.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
For Platinum purchases, I would personally be looking towards potatoes and inventory slots, maybe even Forma if you're feeling spicy. However, if you're set on a new gun, then Clan Research weapons are certainly a solid option! Some of them can be... intimidating to acquire. Grey and I have almost everything by now (95% or so), but Hema is still miles out of reach for example. :/

Another interesting option is player trade. Lex is a great gun - Lex Prime is that and then some more. It's 10p for the set, and the Mastery Rank requirement is fairly low. The wiki has a table for all items available based on Mastery Rank: link. Could be something fun in there too, but the price of weapons varies a lot based on popularity and availability.
Worth noting that not all weapons can be traded. Wouldn't be able to trade a Corinth no matter how hard we try :p

Player trade can also be a cheaper method to acquiring certain Frames, now that I think about it... Ash costs 375p on the Market, but Ash Prime is way cheaper than that; 130-140p for the set. Maybe shoulda thought to note that earlier huh.

----------
"I am also looking at either a stealth or ability nuke frame; any suggestions?"
She gets brought up a lot in this thread, but Ember. Early acquisition and widespread (starchart) application makes her a popular Ability-based nuker. Relatively passive, but Flash Accelerant allows for a much more active setup as well. I did a sizable write-up about her just a bit ago!

Atlas is a little trickier to acquire, but his Landslide is incredibly potent. It has a built-in combo mechanism that makes it cheaper to spam, and has a lot of scaling by virtue of utilizing most of the Melee weapon's equipped Mods. I enjoyed my time punching everything to high heaven! He's getting a light rework Soon (TM) (I suspect a week tops?) that will make the rest of his kit more interesting overall, too.

In my opinion, Gara is horribly gross, but the raw potency of her abilities is undeniable. Initially, her Lash will destroy fools quite adequately (ala Landslide, scales with melee weapon), and once ranked to a decent extent, the Splinter Storm 'combo' carries hard. Rub up to enemies and they'll die, while you enjoy 90% DR.

Saryn is good but I sadly have not had the pleasure yet, so can't really comment much. Equinox requires a bit more setup than average to get rolling as a nuker. Nidus is fucking wild, but there's a good reason that his place in the natural progression is on the far end... Worth keeping an eye on the Glast Gambit quest though.

If Ability weapons count for 'Ability nukers', then Ivara is pretty much spot-on what you're looking for: a Stealth frame that has excellent destructive capabilities with her Artemis Bow. The Quiver ability gives some neat utility as well; AoE Sleep, AoE stealth, dashwires on demand.. Pretty sweet stuff. Ivara is a thief to boot, which is useful when gathering for example Oxium.

Murderboy Ash is another stealth-oriented Warframe, and is straight-up an ability nuker! Bladestorm tags enemies in sight, and then performs Finishers on all tagged enemies. Yep, that fits the bill I do believe :P His smoke bomb used to be super awkward to use (had to be grounded, or wall-latching) but they fixed that a short while back - much love. Being able to go invisible mid-air is fabulous, and the number one reason I preferred Loki for stealth missions.

Loki's Stealth ability has an augment that makes all weapons silent when stealthed. Sneaky rockets and shotguns are very silly. I play him a lot but honestly underutilize his kit. :/ Dunno, just being invisible alone is really good I guess. Never would have guessed eh. Turning entire rooms of enemies against each others, and taking their guns in the process? That's fun though. Watching MOA kick the shit out of a prodman is A+.

Going full-on Ability nuker does scale with Mod collection progress pretty noticably. By now, I have access to six Power Strength mods; Intensify, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Augur Secrets, Energy Conversion, and Power Drift (still missing Growing Power). That's a lot of options for minmaxing, and it's really quite noticable. Just something that's worth keeping in mind, should you find Abilities to be lacking punch at some point in the future. :)
Similarly, you can gain better Energy generation once you unlock the whole Focus dealio. That can make a sizable difference. Really weird to think of how it'd be to not have Focus powers...
Saryn+Reach is RIDICULOUS.

And yeah, mostly I use my plat for storage and colours. It's residual PoE anti-p2w of me but there you go.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Installing the game again...

Are DE really still saying it's in Open Beta? o,O
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I think that's par for the course with games like this. It's just a label.

Thank you for the write-up, Viper!

I have been checking the wiki, perhaps too much. I’ll often leave my iPad in the other room, just so I actually play the game instead of going on long research tangents between missions. There’s a lot of raw information there, and it’s sometimes difficult to weight which information should take immediacy over others. Your brief descriptions are very helpful in that regard.

I’ve been eyeing both Loki and Ember (largely to your previous posts). Incidentally both became available in prime variants right after my last post, aaaaand I couldn’t help myself. They just looked too sexy :3 The prime weapons that came with it (Glaive and Sicarius, haven’t played with Loki or his Bo yet) are opop compared to everything else I have, so I’m just going to not use them for starmap progression. It’s the cosmetics I’m most interested in, and until I earn an equally powerful weapon myself I’ll just use them for defense funruns. And maybe farming other vaulted prime stuff. Plus I have a ton of plat for inventory slots and “fashion frame” now; although, I’m not sure how I feel about buying Forma/Catalysts yet.

After getting the prime bundle, I decided I’m not using any of the plat on frames or weapons. I used the coupon for the agile Atlas animation set, which was suuuuuuper disappointing. I thought it’d change Ember’s walking animation and secondary/melee poses, but it only changes her stationary pose while holding a primary weapon. Oh well, good thing I didn’t pay full price for it ^-^
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Hek yeah Ember Prime. One big burnin' family up in here. Sounds like a pretty fair idea for Plat expenditure, potatoes aren't really required just yet anyways. (but you'll change your mind in due time, lol)
And, no problem :) Kinda my thing isn't it, haha.

Devstream was today, and there's three Warframe potato alerts; 2d20h remaining at the time of writing. Good time to get back in Sarno :P Dig up yer potatoes fellas.

There's a devstream every other week, and they always come with a potato alert attached, under the special 'Gift from the Lotus' name. Worth trying to remember :P
These are also the weekends that void trader Baro Ki'teer shows up! He trades for Ducats, which are acquired by selling Prime parts/blueprints, so that's mooostly for later in the game. After all, you'd probably only want to sell duplicates, and only those that aren't worth shite on the player market. But anyways, yeah. He exists.
(his stock this week is also kinda eh anyways you're not missing out)

I actually still don't have Glaive Prime >.> Been gathering the Relics for it, will probably finish it up before it goes back into the Vault, hopefully!

P.S. this post written while doing the Survival alert, haha.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 9, 2018, 5:56:52 PM
D-d-d-d-double post! For-real patch just landed, it's the one with a bunch of Warframe changes and new Eidolons and many guns sound way better now and the font shouldn't look like shite on higher resolutions anymore and oh my. Patch notes forum. Plus, because they want you to have fun in this game:

"PLEASE NOTE: for the next 7 days you are eligible for free items!
Login within 7 days of the update for an inbox message containing 3 x Forma, a 3 Day Affinity booster, and an Exilus Mod Adaptor!

Console players will receive the same inbox message by logging in when they get the build with aforementioned changes."

Since we're apparently all super into fire over here, I'll mention the Ember changes specifically:
- Fireball: Can now be held and charged for additional damage. Upon impact, Fireball will leave behind a Napalm-like flame that damages enemies.
- Fire Blast: Will now add heat damage to weapons that fire through it (for allies).
- World On Fire: 5 seconds after casting, a percentage will begin counting up on the ability icon. As this percentage scales from 0% to 100% over 10 seconds, the ability’s energy cost and damage dealt both grow to double, while the ability radius shrinks to half.

Plus unsolicited opinions:
- Fireball sounds like it should scale somewhat decently into later missions now, although it's a little on the slower side (charge first, then over-time effect). Can be fun, sounds fine.
- Fire Blast, actually worthwhile now? :o Sounds decent on a Flash Accelerant build, they are all about scaling Heat Damage. Still don't care for it on a World on Fire setup.
- World on Fire, well, half range is significant. Already running Stretch, so I'm thinking of changing Augur Secrets (24% Strength) to Augur Reach (30% Range). A little bit of compensation at least. The Damage boost should allow World on Fire to solve a lot of problems though, damn.

A lot of weapons were changed slightly, and some have gained a Mastery Rank requirement. Maybe check if your favourite weapon is on the list but other than that? Wouldn't read it all :P
These are the highlights, really:
- Mastery Rank should be a better indicator of potential now. This also means it's more important to increase MR than it was before, however!
- "Reduced aimed zoom for all shotguns apart from the Astilla" is very much a welcome change, considering I like using Laser Sight. :P
- Bows have better draw speed than before! Makes Speed Trigger a little less mandatory.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 10, 2018, 7:22:15 AM
Nice. Love the idea of Fireball not being pointless in the face of WoF. Also, a link to the notes would be nice. :P

Also, DAMN. Three forma. Shit.

PS It's nice having our own personal Guide of the Lotus here in PoEland. ^_^

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 10, 2018, 7:11:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info