To those who play Warframe

I made my own. It’s a corodoor with an elevator and reactor at one end, and the start of a maze of connectors at the other. I put a tree in it, so I’d stop going the wrong way 50% of the time. It’s..... practical. Would be better if I could talk just one coworker into playing with me, but noooo too many other big box games on backlist and preorder. Whatever, plebs.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get a Sheev so I can do Relentless Combination with Ash. Might have to go after something more obtainable for now.. Thinking maybe Tipedo?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I also made my own Clan on PS4. (Vanquishers)

I have a small group of acquaintances over on Destiny2, and at least 1 might jump over to Warframe, at least to goof around on with me. Due to how Warframe's dojo research requirements work, I'm planning on keeping it super small, and never advancing its rank.

Slowly but surely, I'll get all the research done (especially now that I have Eris open, and I can get mutagen samples without having to go to the Derelict with keys each time.)
decided to get warframe, heard about a couple sexy new huge updates soon.

- 19GB, sigh, I'll throttle it.
- look in the settings, no throttle. ugh. guess I'll do 10-20% a day when no one is home.
- let it run all afternoon to 20%.
- close it, expecting it to be like any other game-brand updater/launcher made in the last decade, pick up where I left off.
- re-run just to see if it remembers where I left of.
- NOPE. :blank stare:. need to redo all 19GB.

I had unusable internet all day for no reason ._.

edit: is there an official torrent file like GGG provides for big poe updates?
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Jul 13, 2018, 6:58:43 PM
I LOVE TITANIA (for Mastery rank missions)

Practically flew (literally) threw the whole thing, avoiding all the nasty jumps that plagued me on my failed attempts.

MR11 now :)

"
tidbit wrote:
decided to get warframe, heard about a couple sexy new huge updates soon.

- 19GB, sigh, I'll throttle it.
- look in the settings, no throttle. ugh. guess I'll do 10-20% a day when no one is home.
- let it run all afternoon to 20%.
- close it, expecting it to be like any other game-brand updater/launcher made in the last decade, pick up where I left off.
- re-run just to see if it remembers where I left of.
- NOPE. :blank stare:. need to redo all 19GB.

I had unusable internet all day for no reason ._.

edit: is there an official torrent file like GGG provides for big poe updates?

I'd just downloaded the game yesterday, the standalone client was giving a lot of "corrupted data" issues. After trying various suggested fixes on the forums etc, gave up, switched to Steam and got the game up and running within minutes. You may wanna give the Steam client a try.

Are there any guides for newbies?
I read through the WFHB (warframe handbook) on google docs already but it has jargons i do not know yet.
Basically just keep clearing each planet's missions to unlock stuff first?

My frame is Excalibur, my MR will be 3 by tonight.
I'm interested in the Wukong frame, when is the earliest i can get one?
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Jul 16, 2018, 12:45:32 AM
"
kelongngu wrote:

Quite a while, I’m afraid.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Wukong

His components are researched in the Tenno Lab of the Clan Dojo. This can be easy or difficult. Depends on whether you join a clan, or create your own. Others could tell you more, better than I could.

Once you have his component research, crafting the components require a total of 6 Nitain Extract. They are ingredients which can only be obtained from daily alerts, which only appear four times per day at random times. There is a community resource which tracks current events, alerts, fissures, etc. https://deathsnacks.com/wf/ (props to vipermagi for sharing the link with me when I was a newly awoken Tenno ^-^)

In the meantime, Excalibur is a solid frame, both to start with and for the long haul. I’ve actually been thinking about returning to him for a bit, now that I have a more proficient understanding of his abilities.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
(On Nitain Extract: You can also get it from Plains of Eidolon bounties occasionally, and I've heard you can get it from Sabotage Hidden Caches - though I don't hunt these down often to confirm.) However, even though I've completely researched Wukong in my dojo, I haven't claimed him yet. Inaros fills the role I was going to use him for, and I haven't bought enough warframe slots to just build everything I have access to (I think I have over 6 frames built and waiting to claim)

As for newbie guides, I did a youtube search for "things I wish I knew when I started" (my most common search about long-term games), and there was a good series of getting started vids by iFlynn, among others.

The most common tips were:
* Mods are where you get your power, so get the main ones for each weapon, and put those in ASAP.

* Do the weekly Ayatan Treasure Hunt - you'll need Endo starting out to rank up those mods.

* Clear the star chart as much as you can, so you can take on as many alerts as possible. Alerts give you access to resources that don't become available to you easily until later.

* ALWAYS have weapons/warframes building, to give you new stuff to rank up, to increase your mastery rank.

* At least get to MR10 soon, because this gives you enough Maximum void trace capacity, daily reputation capacity, and starting MOD slot capacity on new weapons, as well as a couple other things. (MR16, I think, is the highest MR that you "NEED" to actually equip the highest MR gated gear.

* Join or start a clan, and get researching, or buy researched blueprints from the dojo labs.

I would add: If you see an alert for "Energy Siphon", go for it! Warframes are the most fun when you actually have energy on demand to use the abilities that make each warframe unique.

"
Zaludoz wrote:
On Nitain Extract: You can also get it from Plains of Eidolon bounties occasionally, and I've heard you can get it from Sabotage Hidden Caches - though I don't hunt these down often to confirm.

Worth noting that both of these sources are top-tier rarity, and high level for Starchart missions. A possible source, but not a primary source of Nitain unless you are very dedicated :) Of course, the alternative rewards make either of these Missions worth running to some extent regardless!

"
Zaludoz wrote:
* Mods are where you get your power, so get the main ones for each weapon, and put those in ASAP.
* Clear the star chart as much as you can, so you can take on as many alerts as possible. Alerts give you access to resources that don't become available to you easily until later.
* I would add: If you see an alert for "Energy Siphon", go for it! Warframes are the most fun when you actually have energy on demand to use the abilities that make each warframe unique.

Super solid advice here all round. Some small additions to these notes in particular:
1. Notably, the base Damage mods are very important: Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike and Pressure Point. These stack multiplicatively with Elemental Damage mods, and provide a larger boost per point of Mod Capacity. 10/10. Especially for Serration and Hornet Strike, it's worth keeping a few copies at different Rank, due to their high potential cost (up to 14!). It'll be a bit until you can start every Secondary with Hornet Strike at max rank :P

2. Not only will Starchart completion open up more Alert locations, each Mission also rewards Mastery Rank progress on first completion! It's worthwhile to remove all those pesky blinking blue nodes ;)

3. This extends to any Aura-type mod at first, I would say. Each Warframe has an Aura slot, top slot on the left. Instead of draining Capacity, this slot adds to Capacity! An Aura in a matching Polarity slot offers twice as much Capacity, so it's nice to have at least one Aura of each of the Aura Polarities.
(Excalibur has an unpolarized slot; anything goes, but only at base value)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 16, 2018, 9:18:10 AM
"
kelongngu wrote:

Are there any guides for newbies?
I read through the WFHB (warframe handbook) on google docs already but it has jargons i do not know yet.
Basically just keep clearing each planet's missions to unlock stuff first?

My frame is Excalibur, my MR will be 3 by tonight.

I used this guys beginner series. It was pretty helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5j_MA-brI

Edit:
All 11 guides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5j_MA-brI&list=PLRbxjtNC1lOh1x2Q6JpDiN4mvezhAfntS
Last edited by FarmerTed on Jul 16, 2018, 1:26:43 PM
and so it begins.
rawr. fear me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info