To those who play Warframe

"
鬼殺し wrote:
You got it for sure then. I left mine overnight (since it was at 8am my time) and both I and the GF got the prime even though the stream itself didn't play. Just had to be on the page I guess.

Hopefully. Wouldn’t be too big of a deal. The only reason I really (really) wanted the Ash Prime was because it saves me from having to farm yet more plastids. I still haven’t crafted Nezha; every time I start stockpiling, I inevitably wind up spending 500 here, 1000 there, as my inventory begins maxing rank. I’d like to see Bladestorm without having to push back Nezha again..

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"I did link my accounts before (for Trinity Prime) and watched the whole devstream."
Aawww yeah, best 'frame acquired. Definitely no biased opinions here.

Trinity? Still haven’t played with her. Glad to have her, because I wasn’t likely to go out of my way to craft her. Seems better in parties, and I tend to solo. In pubs mind you, but most people seem to solo in pubs... so.. still, I’ll want to do Eidolons and such eventually. And *cough* Solaris.

Yeah, they really do expansions, don’t they? I’m starting to think of Warframe more as the world’s biggest sandbox mmo—for the devs.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Trinity? Still haven’t played with her. Glad to have her, because I wasn’t likely to go out of my way to craft her. Seems better in parties, and I tend to solo. In pubs mind you, but most people seem to solo in pubs... so.. still, I’ll want to do Eidolons and such eventually. And *cough* Solaris.

She's better in parties, but most frames tend to be, quite honestly. Of course, 'better in parties' for a Warframe such as Ash is "better in a party with Trinity, because you get to skimp on Efficiency and tankiness", hahaha.

I solo with her a whole ton though: the combination of Link and Blessing make her incredibly tanky, and with Energy Vampire you can maintain the lot no problem! Stack a lot of Duration, 30-50% Strength, maybe a bit of Range if you like. Flow. Done. :P
Abating Link can be a big help against the tanky men and women of the Grineer armies, too. +Armour Sorties require some answer, and even a moderate 150% Strength Abating Link goes a long way.

I also simply adore the way her Prime version looks. <3 Even if I had an Arcane Aura helmet I wouldn't be using it, gotta have the dangly bits. So sweet.

------------
Sorry for the GF, Charan. :( That's really unfortunate.
I did not get Ash Prime (yet), despite watching the entire stream, but I see this is a common issue on their forum, and sounds like something they'll get resolved (so the gf might still get Ash Prime)

Lots to like about the reveals at tennocon... though it looks like I'll have to get friends to play Warframe's new content, now - thus far, they haven't been too keen on it, rather playing Destiny2 for whatever odd reason. (unless they make a solo-able scaled down version of that stuff at the end - then I'll just go about my fun on my own time)

(currently annoyed with Mastery Rank test 11... passed first time, no practice, on a practice run... failed 2x on the actual test 2 days in a row on some of the first jumps. (I hate bottomless pits for fake challenge))

Edit: They're running a script for everyone who has logged into the game in the last 7 days, if they have their account linked to Twitch, will get Ash Prime. No worries.
Last edited by Zaludoz on Jul 9, 2018, 1:59:22 PM
And Energy Vampire can do even more than "just" tons of Energy. Very nice to protect Shield-based Warframes, combined with 75% Damage reduction from Blessing it makes them remarkably strong!

12%-Duration Trinity with mass Range and Strength is intriguing as well; no Link or Blessing duration, but more Energy generation than can be spent, Overshields out the butt, and Energy Vampire deals pretty real Damage at that point. Can be incredible in a full cell, three Ability-Frames who need not care for Energy? That's scary.

Trinity is such a neat Warframe. A plethora of reasons she ultimately became my 'main', even over the likes of Chroma and Excalibur Prime.

---------
Railjack does seem to be quite multiplayer-oriented. The largest part of the Plains was solo-able content though, so I expect Venus to be similar in that regard.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 8, 2018, 10:36:29 AM
Steve Sinclair tweeting about Railjack. He has tweeted a whole bunch more, I found it quite fun to read through. Interesting progress.

And yeah, now you mention it, the space ninja power fantasy is real. Whatever you're doing, your Warframe is insanely competent at it (in lore anyways); cutting down mans, rescuing prisoners, flying a god damn space ship, no big deal. Suppose they managed to translate that fairly well! So thrilled to find out how it ultimately plays, it looks like a nifty variety mode.
Edit: I haven't been able to get into group play so I am strictly soloing.

When should I start using potatos? I just got to Sedna and am starting to get beat up.

Do I need primed Mods and souped up gear or is it a L2P issue?
Last edited by FarmerTed on Jul 9, 2018, 10:51:25 AM
I didn’t do nearly as well farming ducats as I wanted. Had vacation this entire last week, and intended to play for an hour or two every day... instead played for an hour or two total XD So far I’ve picked up Quanta Vandal, Prisma Tetra, and Prisma Angstrum. I will (hopefully) be able to get one more tonight after work, but I can’t decide between Prisma Gorgon or Grakata.

I got my Ash Prime this morning (I hope your girlfriend receives hers, Charan ^-^) and am currently running slash procs with Baza, pure multishot, crit chance / multi and Hunter Munitions. I’m not sure if either of the latter two prismas will be better? I won’t really have much time to test stuff out, since I’ll have to focus grind to get one more weapon out of TennoCon.

I decided to prioritize Prisma Angstrum this morning, because it (plus Prisma Tetra with Ricochet) looks like reason enough to dust off my ol’ Mag. I’ve been wanting to play her more recently, and Magnetize sploits sound fun.

@FarmerTed: What are you currently using? Like, full load out if you do not mind. I don’t think you need any primed mods for star map, but proper builds do become important.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Charan's GF should be fine.
tl;dr "Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one!" -Rebb Ford

--------
Primed mods are entirely min-maxy nonsense, honestly. They're really nice to have if you're flush with Endo and credits, but never necessary. A potato however is huge. 30 Capacity adds a set of Crit Mods plus a 60/60 mod on a weapon, or 30% Efficiency, Strength and Duration on a Warframe. Bonkers.

As for when to use a potato.. The ultimate question is, "do you like the weapon/frame?", and if the answer is "yes", then ask "is there a stronger version?". For example, if you really dig the Boltor feel, then try obtaining the Telos or Prime version, and slamming a Potato in that sucker. It'll get you there, both are perfectly fine for even Sorties.

Primary and Secondary weapons are somewhat ranked by Mastery Rank these days. That said, from MR5 onwards almost all weapons are 'worthwhile'; they'll perform more than admirably once fitted with a solid set of Mods and a potato. There is a super small set of weapons that falls outside of this categorization: Sonicor (MR 2) is a notable over-performer, and imo the Twin Gremlins (MR 5) aren't that hot. Once you get to MR 8+ Primaries and Secondaries, you really can't go wrong.

Example: the Miter is 'only' MR 6, but you can utilize its high Damage and Status chance to apply very potent Slash procs in a line. The unique Mod allows the Miter to mercilessly cut down Nullifiers. I've put in a potato and 1 or 2 Forma: zero regrets. "Shouting 'frames and smoking guns will cut down the unlucky ones."

Melee weapons aren't quite that neatly ranked yet, which is largely noticable in the MR 0 to 5 range. Atterax, the Maiming Strike meta, is MR 2! It's somewhat harder to judge what the real potential is in a melee weapon, they can be more dependent on good mods (Maiming Strike, Condition Overload, the right stance) than guns tend to be. However, the same call of "MR 5+ is fine" works as well. There's just more over-performers in Melee :P

As for Warframes... Some Primes are relatively easy to acquire (Trinity is actually a fairly easy farm), others are vaulted (Ash) or just super rare and expensive on resources (Vauban oh my god what is wrong with you). The differences are also smaller than with weapons, generally. Extra Polarities are "just Forma and time", and +50 Shields is not terribly notable. I wouldn't soon regret a potato in a non-Prime Warframe that I really, really enjoy. Regular Trinity has two Forma and a Reactor, but when her Prime released it was only joy for me, didn't feel like a 'waste'. Wouldn't stress about that too much.

---------
I was a little more diligent in my pre-TennoCon farming ;) Had enough to buy all the Prime Mods I wanted (Bane and Ammo Mutation? I'll pass for now), and notably every weapon I was missing except Prisma Skana. Not a big loss there either, there's a lot of swords in Digital Ninjas, and Machete Wraith > Prisma Skana imo <3
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 9, 2018, 6:55:32 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:

@FarmerTed: What are you currently using? Like, full load out if you do not mind. I don’t think you need any primed mods for star map, but proper builds do become important.

My loadout is basically a catalyzed Hek with point blank, accel blast, fatal accel, blaze and incend coat, charged shell, chilling reload and Flechette. I set up for radiation because Ambulas were stomping me.

My secondary and melee is usually something I am leveling. Companion is usually something I am leveling: currently the carrier and its shotgun. Occasionally I will use dual Zoren if I am worried about melee, because they seem to work best for me.

I vary the warframe depending on what I am doing. Valkyr for survival, Frost for mobile defense, Nyx or Mag for defense. None of my frames have reactors.

Still trying to figure how people do no shield nightmare defenses. Sometimes I can manage with Valkyr because she heals.

So far I have liked all the weapons, but the high speed plinker secondaries seem to have limited utility. My mod pool is a bit limited, so I probably can't build them right.
DE has been plagued by glitchy Twitch drop campaigns lately, and they really didn't want to sour anyone on this massive double future-expansion announcement due to a simple give-away. (It was quite generous of them, though)

I've been messing around with Ash Prime and learning to live without any real defenses or methods of regaining health. (it's a real pain) ... so once he's max'd at 30, he'll probably collect dust. I only have 2 of his abilities unlocked thus far (shuriken and smoke bomb - maybe his clone ninja army of insta-death will change my mind on using him :) ... I could probably use the Umbra's Skijiati nikana with it's built-in invis-on-stealth-kill to extend his survivability, rather than my Orthos (non-prime STILL - just never getting the relics I need, and I've never done a rad-share with any relics.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info