To those who play Warframe

I’m not putting reactors in my non-prime frames, exceptions for Excalibur, Rhino, and Nyx (so far) because they’re unobtainable. Still, if you happen to put one in a frame and later get the prime for it, I don’t think it’s really any loss. You probably very much benefited from the reactor for a good while.

Also, Chaos is legit. I accidentally picked the wrong load out for a void interception alert. Nyx with freshly Forma’d Braton Prime (Split Chamber + Metal Augur = <3, almost as good as Kohm XD), and a new secondary and melee. No weapon power whatsoever for void. I carried the whole goddamn incompetent mess of a team with Chaos and Mind Control.

Why do people suck so much at interception? Someone dies, I’m closest, so I’ll run over, revive and help recapture their tower, then the rest of the team shows up after everything is dead, sits there while it’s capturing, and lose their towers. It’s only like 1/10 Intercept missions that this doesnt happen. I really wish Intercept had special rules for solo, because they’re effectively impossible without a team.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Yeah, on interception missions...

I like to play Frost. I set up 2 Snow Globes on the 2 control panels at my tower, then I go set up 1 globe at each of the 2 nearest towers. That way, I can easily pick off the capturers at my tower, and I can run off and help someone else's tower, and get back in time to pick off any sneaky capturers at my place too.

Solo on interception does allow you to capture 4x faster... (or much faster if not that)... but the only ones I've been able to solo are Archwing interceptions since you can B-line for each location.
The first mission of Limbo Theorem is Archwing Intercept, and I can’t even come close. First tower I capture is lost before I can even capture a second one. Doesn’t help that I don’t like Archwings, and so have crap for gear and mods.

I should clarify, being overleveled makes solo Intercept easy, albeit a bit frantic. The ones that are nigh impossible are during current progression, where enemy power level is roughly equal to, if not greater than your own. This may be a quirk of how I’m ADD about progress, and don’t typically focus on one thing until completion (meaning Forma and maxing mod ranks) but rather distribute progress all over the place to cultivate variety. Even my Ember Prime is just on par with my Rhino.

I don’t have Frost yet. I’ve been playing the occasional Neo and Axi rift to try and get prime parts, but I’m still working on Nyx and in a day Valkyr. Baby Frost is on the list, probably after Valkyr, and then hopefully I’ll have the lab together for Nezha.

Other Stuff: Got Silva and Aegis last time I had a 50% off coupon, and it’s nearing completion. I’m running a status build on it with Radiation and Viral damage, and since it has no physical profile to muddle procs it is super efficient at taking down.. most anything so far. Even Infected, who are typically resistant to either damage type, because targeting Ancient Healers either melt under Viral procs, or stop buffing allies with Radiation procs. I haven’t taken it into higher level missions yet, as I’m still building it, but I’m expecting the whole blocking thing to be a godsend for squishy frames—whole reason I got it, to start working on Uranus with somebody other than Rhino or Ember.

I have Lecta in the oven waiting for a slot to open, and I want to try a similar build with that; adding momentum to the mix should be real nice. Not getting knocked down by off-camera enemies is one of my favorite things. I wanted to wait to get Nezha for low velocity slide attacks, but I’ll probably rank it up with Valkyr.

Edit: ENERGY SIPHON ALERT O.O FINALLY (sorry, I got excited)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Mar 3, 2018, 8:51:09 PM
Oh hi I'm back sorry gonna be writing about friggen Warframe some more.

Nyx is a peculiar beast; her effectiveness scales with difficulty, and quite severely. Absorb is pretty good fun overall (and it does pull aggro!), but Chaos doesn't shine unless you're facing 'overleveled' enemies, and is one of the strongest abilities against insanity such as level 250. Cold Eximi are fun to Mind Control as well, but it's more often to create another body moreso than for Damage or w/e.
Her Absorb augment is pretty funky! The description fails to mention that "can move" also means "can attack", which is kind of important to note you'd think.

"I really wish Intercept had special rules for solo, because they’re effectively impossible without a team."
I always solo Intercept. There's so few enemies that you can ignore them for the most part, just capture whatever point is left open; easiest on the larger maps, such as the underground Grineer zones and Orokin Intercept. As long as you average above 2:2 it's a free win. What's important for this strategy is movement, naturally. Tap crouch for the slide speedboost, mash bullet jumps, maybe even slam in Mobilize. Void Dash is also quick if you're used to switching between frame and operator.
For Archwing, using both speedboosts is pretty important; while sprinting, engage the afterbooster with jump. Should make you fast enough to apply the same strategy, regardless of Archwing.

And, as you noticed as well: CC is remarkably nice. CC'ed enemies don't capture. :P Nyx can (eventually) affect the entirety of the smaller Corpus and Grineer Intercepts with her Chaos, it's good shit. Frost's bubbles also work pretty nicely, although I'm not a fan of the bullet blocking so I'd only use it with large melee weapons :P

'n Hey, if you ever really don't want to do something, get some help, w/e, we can set something up if you guys're on PC as well :)

"Still not sure if I want to put one in a warframe... I COULD get Frost Prime and then a reactor in Frost would be wasted... still debating."
I've "wasted" a whole pile of potatoes this way, not just on warframes, but also on weapons. Galatine is a recent example; Gal Prime didn't exist back when. No regrets. Invasions occasionally offer parts for Wraith weapons, and these go for 10-20p or so. Two of those parts -> one potato and change. Really not that big a deal :)
Some Primes are easier to acquire than others, which could influence decision-making. Trinity is really quite accessible, and due to limited demand also cheap on the market; probably not worth a potato these days. Vauban otoh is a pain in the ass because all his parts are Rare and he requires an arseload of Nitain on top.

I do find it interesting that this concern came up after potating Orthos - or did you mean Orthos Prime? :P Just curious!
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 4, 2018, 12:37:49 PM
I only have Orthos (and I use it 99% of the time - I put my Zenurik Lens in it)... really want Orthos Prime, but no Plat, and since I'll be moving soon, and will likely be buying a house, no plans to purchase plat any time soon. Haven't gotten anything worth selling for plat on the market, either.

Today has been a rest day (getting a little sick and want to kick it before it kicks me.)

Made it to the Sedna junction, but now have a few Lua things to do to progress (1 more sentient, 2 more mods from Lua puzzle rooms - and Vay Hek...)

Edit: Focus-wise, got my first node, working on Energizing Dash (11,669, all earned within 2 days - mainly doing Defense and Survival missions for relics/unlocking relics)
Last edited by Zaludoz on Mar 4, 2018, 1:22:11 PM
In re: Archwing Intercept: I tried this mission again last night, and it was nothing like I remember it being the first time. Maybe because I initially tried to stand my ground at times, enemies had time to just flood the map? This time I just boosted between towers, and enemies only moved in 1-3 at a time. For most of the mission, most of them just did nothing, and they only ever moved in on one tower at a time. It was way easier, so much so I wonder if it was a fluke? I remember there being enemies everywhere the first time, and capturing being impossible because they’d spawn / move in faster than I could kill them. I haven’t ranked up anything on my Archwing since then, so...

I’ll get to find out today. I didn’t get any rewards for winning..? I don’t know if it’s because I extracted after the first wave (usually if you need to complete multiple waves for special missions, it just automatically sends you to the next wave) or if I took too long exterminating the enemies after the capture portion (Lotus did say something odd, like they got word out about what happened or something).

"
'n Hey, if you ever really don't want to do something, get some help, w/e, we can set something up if you guys're on PC as well :)

Thank you for the offer, but I am on Xbox only. This also means I leave community features turned off most of the time, as typing with a controller is aids. I’m thinking about getting a keyboard set up just so I can participate in trade chat and invite the occasional newbie/randos to my guild.

I will be getting a windows machine soon, but I’m just getting a cheap 2-in-1 tablet for efficient/productive research and writing. I was going to finance a gaming PC, but have since decided to invest in building a wood workshop / writing den / mancave. A space where all of my disparate, not-in-the-house interests can coexist :)
Devolving Wilds
Land
Last edited by CanHasPants on Mar 4, 2018, 1:52:32 PM
I guess I'll stop ignoring the Invasions tab...

Some of those sets go for 70-100plat... that's 3-5 warframe slots or a few weapons to keep instead of selling when I've max'd their mastery.

(I'm on PS4, so we're all on different platforms)

I haven’t really done much with invasions yet. They’re mostly just a bunch of rare resources that I already have 1-3 dozen of because I haven’t been crafting; I already have a backlog of items waiting to be claimed for MR exp. The only time I’ve noticed a component reward was when I was busy doing other stuff, but maybe I should begin prioritizing them as well. Atm I’m farming with Maroo to max out my Primed Reach.

Valkyr is pretty sweet. I haven’t even ranked her up to really use her abilities yet, but just her passive and ripline are sweet. No impact from height and jumping right up from knockdowns are immediately noticeable. Rip lining is convenient when in an awkward position to bullet jump up to a platform, and I love ragdolling Ancient Healers away from their packs. Even better around cliffs XD it’s almost like a single target version of Mag’s pull. Her base speed and agility coupled with her passive and mobility/utility ability makes her impressively fast, and makes me want to retire Rhino—sexy but slow AF mofo.

Its also really convenient that they have an auxiliary attachment cosmetic just for her (tubes comin’ off her forearms), and that the attachment fits really well with two different syadana (tubes/electrical coming off the back), as well as a helmet skin that I just so happen to have a blueprint for (more tubes comin’ off the back of her head). They all look really nice together, and imo her basic skin minus the helmet (no problem) is the best looking of the lot; affordable fashion frame for what might be shaping up to be my most played frame. Tubular!
Devolving Wilds
Land
Sooo, I played quite a bit more of Warframe, reached MR 8, and to be honest I think I'm done with the game. It seems as if the game doesn't want you to play it, because otherwise you'd get all the stuff it has too quickly. But I'm jumping the gun a little bit here, lets list my issues with the game.

Artificial progression barriers - the waiting game.

At the very start you are faced with first of the waiting game element - the foundry. Some people may have problem with that, but honestly this is one of the very few waiting game elements I had no problem with. Most (but not all) items that are needed to progress are made in reasonable pace, and you can make as many thing as at the same time as you want. So if you do things right, you always have something to play with.
HOWEVER... Formas are the first sign of the waiting game that DE (developer of the game) is trying to impose on the player, so that he finally gets annoyed and buys platinium (premium currency) and upgrade his stuff. But from all the barriers put in progression, the most obnoxious are Orokin reactors. Why? Because while hard, Formas can be obtained from Relics that can be farmed, which means you can play the game to get more rewards. Formas still take 24 hours to make, meaning that if you want to level up your weapons, you'll have to do it very slowly.
This isn't the case with Orokin reactors. You can EXTREMELY rarely get those from alerts and Sortie missions.
This means that creating usable weapons is very hard and quite time consuming. But not gameplay time wise - real time.
Why is this annoying and terrible for the game? Because the further you get, the more obvious it becomes that you need various weapons to be effective at the end game. Lets not even talk how few weapon/warframe slots you get.
Sortie missions (and missions overall) require different gear because different Warframe are absolutely amazing or completely useless in different mission types. Same goes for weapons - 3 factions aren't there because developers wanted you to have different things to do. They are there so that you need 3 different weapon sets that are effective against them. This isn't as bad in the early game, but in the endgame grind (aka Sortie missions) the numeric values get so high, that you either get the most optimal of things, or do nothing.

Why is this so terrible? Because to get Orokin Reactors you need to do Sortie missions. In other words - you need Orokin Reactors to create arsenal that you need to farm Orokin Reactors. Oh, did I mention that getting orokin reactor from Sorties is also rare and you can only do it once a day?
The waiting game, again.
But you can buy your way in with plat... but then again - what is the fun in that? Isn't the game about farming your stuff and leveling up?

The waiting game is also present in other aspects:
- weapon variants. You either wait millenia until they spawn as alerts/invasions or, you guessed it, buy them for plat from players
- void trader. Primed mods? Wait 2 weeks only to not get what you want, or... yeah.
- vaulted warframes/weapons. wait until they get unvaulted (literally months) or... more plat

In other words, you either wait or spend plat (real money) to get items. Pay2Win galore.

The gameplay isn't very interesting. DE wants you to play with people, but doesn't really design the game for that.

At the very beginning of the game you can expect that people will be able to faceroll the game. Just as in PoE, some people know what to do and rush so that they progress faster.
This is very present in Warframe, too. But there is a difference. Warframe sets your lobby setting to public by default and puts you into game with people in them. One would expect that if the game is meant to be played in group, some CO-OP mechanics would also be put in place.
That is not the case, sadly. While people can buff each other with their Warframe powers, auras and revive each other, this is where the synergy ends. This is very similar to what you can see in PoE.
In other words - party play is boring.
In some earlier missions you can do literally nothing and still complete the mission. That wouldn't be that bad if not for the fact that some Sortie missions (which are the absolute endgame) can also be afk-completed.
In other words - you can just hop into the Sortie mission with shit gear and expect that other players will carry you. And to be honest, given how bad the progression system is (aka expecting you to have many weapons, yet block the way of obtaining them as hard as possible) nobody can fault such players.
I sure have seen quite a lot of people doing that. This also seems that DE expected some players to feel bad about being carried and in effect that these people would buy their way into good gear with plat. Manipulative, bad, dishonest.
This is, of course, bad design, and obvious sign that things should change.

Lastly, the MR is obviously there so slow down your progression. Artificially. In the last update DE increased MR requirement for many weapons. DE noticed that people are skipping most of the outdated items (that got outdated because of the other items DE was adding, causing power creep) and insantly went for the good stuff. So what did they do? Increased MR requirement meaning you'll have to make those trash items in order to progress further.
This is obvious because MR rank can only be reasonably raised by leveling up weapons to rank 30, but only those that haven't been level up to rank 30. You cannot use formas in the process. You can't just play with weapons you have formed or ones you like. You have to carry around garbage to get to the good stuff. The best mods available (Riven mods) are also locked behind MR, meaning that before you get them you'll need to shovel a lot of shit.
All of this is crated to mask the obvious - game lacks good progression system that can be played for long time.

I had fun unlocking planets, junctions and whatnot, but the game simply doesn't want me to play it. I've bought some plat to buy some cosmetics, but given what the game is doing in the late game (trying to milk your plat because you get annoyed at the slow progression) I doubt I will play it much more.
And if you remove the endgame (because it is simply a game of patience), Warframe ends up being very mediocre TPP brawler/shooter with some interesting story (but nothing crazy good).

I personally wouldn't recommend Warframe to anyone who is enjoying PoE's endgame.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 5, 2018, 4:53:30 AM
"
Zaludoz wrote:
I only have Orthos (and I use it 99% of the time - I put my Zenurik Lens in it)

Fair enough in that case! It's a fine (and fun) stick, and a potato will make it much better at gathering focus here and there. Also makes it yet harder to replace, haha.
Energizing Dash is where things get real exciting.. :D

Good luck with the moving, whenever it may happen.

"
CanHasPants wrote:
In re: Archwing Intercept: I tried this mission again last night, and it was nothing like I remember it being the first time. [..] I didn’t get any rewards for winning..?

The rewards are sometimes forgettable, I don't blame you :p The rare mods can be nice if you don't have 'em yet, but other than that it's relics at wave 4, really. Anyhoo, glad to hear the rush strat worked out this time. The "enemies everwhere" situation you described doesn't reeeally ring a bell for me though, so, not sure what happened there. Peculiar.

Kind of a bummer we're all on different platforms. Words will have to do then, I suppose :)

Btw, if you like Ripline, you might wanna know there's a couple harpoon guns ;)
Modern Valk will never shine quite as brightly as she did in the past, but Hysteria is still utter murder, her CC is real w/ Prolong, Armour buffs are good shit and the attack speed compares with Volt's Speed. Neat toolkit with a lot of power behind it. Enjpy.

Historical note: maintained Ability costs used to only care about Efficiency; nowadays, the drain scales with Duration as well. The second Efficiency mod happens to reduce Duration. :P Need to compensate for the Duration hit a little bit to max out Efficiency on drains these days.
On top of that, Hysteria didn't always have the ramping Energy drain, and I think the base drain was a little lower to boot? These factors combined made it fairly easy to maintain Hysteria for ages at a time; permanent invincibility, massive damage. It was amazing and silly. It was slightly disheartening to lose that, but it's really for the better.

(Gersemi Valk <3 )

"
Perq wrote:
In other words, you either wait or spend plat (real money) to get items. Pay2Win galore.

You raise fair points, I'm commenting on this bit because it's the one I disagree with:
You play PoE, you know how trading works. Mid-tier Nightmare missions fairly regularly cough up a Drifting Contact, which is 20p, which is one Orokin Catalyst/Reactor, two weapon slots and change, or one Warframe Slot. Those Wraith/Vandal weapons from Invasions indeed cost some platinum to acquire from players - which means you can sell those bits for said platinum too. Don't get a Forma from a relic? Potentially it's worth some platinum on the market.
Yes, Warframe gates progress a fair lot, but it never requires spending money; as is the norm for free-to-play games, spending money accelerates the process, but is not the only way. Especially if you play a shit ton. It's really quite similar to PoE in that way, except the RMT option is legal :P
Warframe is built to be a more long-form game than ARPGs are, which seems to be the main stinging point for you: it's not for everyone.

Anyways, it's too bad Warframe didn't click for you. Gave it more than a fair shake, that's for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info