To those who play Warframe

I finished the Inaros quest line, so in 12 hrs I can begin building him (needed Argon for his systems, forgot to start on that one a while back). Will have Titania tomorrow morning.

It's hard to imagine the power some builds have, since I don't have these super powered mods they're using. The gulf seems quite large.

I think it would help early players if there was a more accessible health regen mechanic. Even if it was slow, damage that bypasses shields really adds up and sticks with you long after your shields have regenerated, and the methods of restoring heath are few and far between. Even Energy regen is super slow with Energy Siphon. I still don't know how one or two mods could make that all so much easier, but we'll see...

That's probably why I like melee so much... no ammo to run out of. Guns were never really my thing anyway (no guns yet have even come close to comparing to the strength of my melee... perhaps it's the mods I have, but nothing makes the guns competitive in the way I play. (In Destiny, I'd use Scout Rifles to pick off distant enemies... there's nothing like that in Warframe - I hate snipers) The Dex Furies were OK to use, but ran out of ammo in seconds. Blech.

Corrupted mods and the likes can make a surprisingly massive difference, yeah. Grey and I used to grind with Trinity and Ash a lot; Corrupted mods tripled his Bladestorm Damage, and made it cheaper to activate. Because Bladestorm made him permanently invincible, he didn't need defensive mods either (plus I could pick him up at any point).

Mods aren't all though. I have Arcane Guardian and Aegis on my main account. If I'm taking damage relatively consistently, my Shield Recharge is permanently active, and I have +600 Armour. Mag on my main is pretty much immune to level 30 enemies - my alt's needs to take cover and occasionally hide entirely. The Armour boost is more aimed at lategame, where Shields don't keep up anymore. A good Arcane can be a very large power boost, and they come in many flavours.

I do agree that health restoration is probably too rare. You get a Physique Aura from Junctions at one point (which is useless) - if that was Rejuv instead I'd be super happy to run that almost exclusively. Medi-Ray also doesn't show up until way late into the game, and I really miss it. :( Costs a small boatload on the market too, for obvious reasons.
Team Restores though. I want 'em. Give it to me and I'll make a hundred. Well, I'll probably temporarily level up the Steel Meridian to acquire the large Restore, actually. That's one of my current goals. That, and credits: the 750k is long gone already.
The busted Equilibrium is pretty useful. Scraps of life here and there. Really shines on the Plains though, where Energy picksup are all over.

Energy is mostly Focus and Team Restores, although Flexpertise aids in various situations. If you don't need Duration, Flex + Streamline equates 75% Reduction in cost! Pretty cool. My Chroma subsists on 5e/s from Focus though, at I think 70% Efficiency (so +30% cost).

"In Destiny, I'd use Scout Rifles to pick off distant enemies... there's nothing like that in Warframe - I hate snipers"
Latron (Wraith/Prime), Argonak, and Stradavar would be weapons to look out for. Semi-auto rifles, the latter two also having an auto mode. Personally really love the Argonak because I'm stupid and highlighting enemies helps me a lot. Burst rifles such as Quartakk and Dex Sybaris can also fulfill the same role, they're only different on a technicality; Dex Sybaris is currently my strongest weapon tbh, and I have Galatine with Tempo Royale* :/ Never runs out of ammo either.
A good shotgun does the same as well; Grey and I used to snipe the shit out of dudes with our Heks and Tigrises. Good times. Then there's Bows too: takes a little bit of aim but a Crit from Dread is real (and it has 125% Crit Chance).

Guns don't have stances to ezmode their Mod Cap, and many good Melee mods are hella cheap. My main has a lot of guns with 3+ Forma, but maybe one melee with 2? Stance + potato is often enough to slot everything, especially if you don't have Blood Rush yet. For a low-MR account, this means guns need to be ranked first to become worthwhile, whereas melee weapons start out much stronger right off the bat.

* = just came from a random drop, luckiest motherfucker around. :P
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 22, 2018, 10:32:18 AM
Guess I haven't come across those similar-to-Scout-Rifles yet. We'll see. I'm just happy I can use Melee for 99% of the game. FPS games are not for me. That was the biggest reason I never tried Warframe at the beginning.

I only played Destiny because a friend of mine played it and I wanted to help him out as he was brand new to video games (at 40+years old - he played sports and considered gaming to be for nerds, but his dad loved Final Fantasy games, and after I had him play FFX, he started taking an interest in games, got Destiny as his first "MMO", and now can't get him out of Elder Scrolls online ... I've made a monster - a very proficient PVP monster...)

I guess consumables may be a path I'll have to take. Corrupted mods require dragon keys and groups and junk... I don't like groups, and I could only handle maybe one or 2 of those keys (I guess Inaros has no shields? so he can take the freebie key for that) Not going to buy mods on the market. All my plat is going into slots.

We'll see what I can solo :)
Well, you don't strictly need groups for Vault runs - but it does help a ton. Grey and I did it two-man, running Capture missions. I'd capture with Valk and start looking from Extraction working backwards, Grey started searching from spawn. Worked pretty well! Of course, with only two people we only had two Keys, so half the vaults required a Key we didn't have. With only one person... Doesn't sound like a great time. Not the cheapest mods around either, so yeah, that'd probably only come when you have the stuff you want. :(

If you could take multiple Keys along it'd be pretty easy.. Inaros is hella tanky and has powerful built-in recovery. Shield Key is a freebie, movespeed Key is not a big deal (doesn't affect Bullet Jumps et al), with Vit and Vigor it's possible to run -Health, and once you have Sick Gears the -Damage is actually not a problem. Derelict is not that high-level :) But, no such luck! One key per person.

Reminds me of the Sortie a couple days ago, actually. Uranus Grineer Survival (lv50), enemies had Massive Armour, so I brought my Mara Detron modded for 77% Corrosive/23% Radiation (have a sweet Riven mod for it). It generally worked fine enough, one or two shots per dude, but Heavy Gunners and the like could take more than five shots sometimes! Turns out I still had an Extinguished Dragon Key equipped. Oops.
I finally got the reusable blueprints from my dojo to make Squad Energy Restore (Medium)... cooking up a bunch in my foundry.

Got Titania and gave her a hornet color scheme with dual kamas and golden energy and the Aurai Helmet - very "insect-queen" looking. Level 14 so far. The ant-man-with-a-jet-pack thing is neat, but eats energy so fast without those efficiency mods that I don't have yet. Also playing around with the Sonicor. When it gets some good mods, I can tell it'll be fun to use as a real weapon.

75% of the way to MR10.

Lost the Invati Sekhara regalia that was mistakenly given to everyone on PS4... never got a chance to do the raids (not that I'd have liked group content, but it was a neat little decoration that went well with Frost)

Yeah, I never did either of the Trials either. :( Would have liked to, but we'd need to have found a bunch of rando's; not out thing generally. Shoulda just done it when they announced their removal, but too late now, so eh.

Energy Drain scales with both Efficiency and Duration; Streamline, Continuity and Augur Message are all (relatively) obtainable and will work together to make Razorwing more affordable. Cracked Streamline is sadly pretty bad. I'm hoping to get real Streamline when I farm for Ivara's chassis bitty myself... Gonna hit up Lua Spy for that, lots of neat mods to get there.

Titania is pretty peculiar. Razorwing rules on the Plains (there's shitloads of Energy pickups there to boot!), but the rest of her kit felt somewhat less impactful half the time? Friggen love the way she looks though <3 She's a frame I want to 'learn' at some point, so I feel less like an idiot when I play Titania, haha.

Sonicor is still Grey's go-to secondary, haha. Used to have stupid ragdoll force, but it's still amazeballs CC now and the Damage output can be pretty nice! Very fun weapon. Very obstructing visuals when you have 180% Multishot and 60% Fire Rate :P Thanks Grey.

----------
I am losing the Aura lottery something fierce. Already missed a CP and Energy Siphon because they were on Eris and Sedna when I hadn't even hit Jupiter. Now, again, Energy Siphon on Sedna. DANGIT. Hadn't done the Lua rooms yet for the Junction, and 24m is Not Enough.
I got an extra Physique though! >.> Shield Disruption, so my Mag can nerf her own abilities. EMP Aura for Frost, which is super useful against Grineer and Infested who are entirely unaffected by EMP Aura. Love ya too Warframe <3

e; Loot Detector alert. Well, that's better than most of what I have, gladly take it.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 24, 2018, 6:52:09 AM
I’m not sure about Baro this time ‘round.

Prisma Skana, and +60% Heat & Status for each Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun (and Melee).

Prisma Skana... if I already had the augment, maybe, but 510 dc is a lot for a something that’s not Galatine + Tempo Royal. The only reason I use other weapons is because they behave differently, and this is just another sword. I have a bunch of those.

Status mods are nice. I already have the melee variant. Pistol could be great if I ever polarize Sicarius Prime.

Aside: Super sad Mirage Prime pack went away :( I was going to get it as a reward when I quit smoking. Guess that’s what I get for dilly dallying. New pack is Zephyr Prime, and she looks neat, but man... Mirage... I really wanted (to cheat for) her.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Mar 24, 2018, 3:02:58 PM
Ah, the Damage&Status mods are pretty easy acquire these days (Spy grind for affinity -> infinite D&S mods), and Prisma Skana is not worthwhile without one hell of a Riven Mod... That's a poor Baro if ever I saw one :/
I'd get the Primsa Skana for collector and Mastery value though, but only because my main is pretty loaded anyways, lol. Full skip otherwise if you want my advice. If you don't feel like getting the Damage&Status mods through Spy, you could probably trade the Prime junks you'd sell to Baro otherwise; the mods ain't expensive. *shrug*

Good luck on quitting with smoking :) Rootin' for ya.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Ah, the Damage&Status mods are pretty easy acquire these days (Spy grind for affinity -> infinite D&S mods),

It’s funny you should mention that. I was super sick last weekend, so don’t have a stockpile of spare prime parts like usual. I was thinking about skipping out entirely this weekend, and figured I’d get back to building up Loki and doing some higher tier spy missions instead.

Turns out my plan B is better than plan A :)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Correction. This Baro is good Baro. He has Sands of Inaros, and I just overlooked it earlier :)
Devolving Wilds
Land

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info