[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

"
kadukt wrote:
Having problems with resistances only getting enough using flasks here is my gear and some replacement pieces plz welp

The only way to fix that is to buy gear that works together, not much I can help with there. Some of your crafted resistances can go higher, though.
"
AnthroAdryn wrote:
I noticed your CWDT is level 15, is it worth getting it to this instead of just leaving it at level 1? Most builds I see involving CWDT/IC leave it at 1, is it just to get more armor from Molten Shell?

I level it a bit higher because if IC is always going off, we consume endurance charges to hits that only tickle us, so they won't be up when it really matters. I have around 7500 life so having it go off at 2100 life is still relatively low. The Molten Shell armour is a plus, too.

Everyone has their own preference to CWDT levels, there's no real right answer. You can keep it level one if you want.
1. How do you feel about Devoto's for the helm? I just bought one with Molten Strike 3x Projectiles since it was only 85c. Considering going Iron Reflexes to convert that Evasion to Armour, since it would only cost one point. The extra movement speed is nice and so is the attack speed. No life, worthless dex and reduced phys dmg are downsides.

2. What type of damage would be most beneficial to add to a ring? Lightning, fire or physical?

3. Does Ele Dmg with attacks mods do anything for us?
Last edited by Nukeithard on Mar 13, 2018, 1:31:24 AM
"
Nukeithard wrote:
1. How do you feel about Devoto's for the helm? I just bought one with Molten Strike 3x Projectiles since it was only 85c. Considering going Iron Reflexes to convert that Evasion to Armour, since it would only cost one point. The extra movement speed is nice and so is the attack speed. No life, worthless dex and reduced phys dmg are downsides.

2. What type of damage would be most beneficial to add to a ring? Lightning, fire or physical?

3. Does Ele Dmg with attacks mods do anything for us?

If you have a Devotos with the enchant then use it, but a good rare with accuracy and STR can give attack speed and crit through ascendancy and Oskarm with the added bonus of having life. Movement speed isn't really necessary because we whirling blade everywhere anyways.

Flat phys scales the best, but fire is fine too.

Yes, it works.
Posting from mobile so I can't link my gear. I went with a crab chest piece for the price for now. Since I have extra sockets what should I put in them? The chest has 6 sockets with 4L and 2L. I do not have oskarms yet so I was thinking of trying to get a curse going and a ice or fire golem.
"
mjmac85 wrote:
Posting from mobile so I can't link my gear. I went with a crab chest piece for the price for now. Since I have extra sockets what should I put in them? The chest has 6 sockets with 4L and 2L. I do not have oskarms yet so I was thinking of trying to get a curse going and a ice or fire golem.

run blasphemy with flammability for a lot more damage, or enfeeble or warlords mark for defensive purposes.

also a cast when damage taken linked to blood rage and ice golem is nice as well.

ive messed around with my 4links a lot and still haven't gotten an ideal setup given the gear i'm using, but you find what works.

just killed shaper on a pretty scrappy setup, no helm enchant with abyssus, purity of elements simply for res against the beam, and purity of ice for res to shaper's cold damage. was narrowly able to withstand the melee hits with abyssus and no arctic armor.

still messing around with gear though, you've got some options. you could even put orb of storms-power charge on crit-increased crit strikes-faster casting somewhere with the extra chest links if you wanted to for power charges since you dont have oskarms, that with flammability would give you a lot of extra damage.
The result was a very expensive build, sad but i cant buy just oskarm/
really enjoying this build so far i just re-rolled from a trickster oni-goroshi build and this is such a big difference in survivability its insane..

can't wait to start mapping...

do you have a recommendation on which nodes i should get by lvl 75ish? the build branches off into a few directions..

thanks!
So I'm really new to the game and farmed an Oni for the sake of it being a matter of time and luck. That said I'm following the guide despite a lack of equipment as I found previously on other characters that the skill tree is easily fubarred by ignorance.

With that in mind, wouldn't Herald of Ash at a 25% mana reservation be better at low gearing than Anger with it's 50% mana reserve? I'm sure I'm missing something being a new to it all as I am, but with Anger and Purity of Fire up, I find mana to be more of an issue than health loss

In any event, I'm having fun with it. still haven't gotten further than Act 5 on any character, but it's whatevs =)
Am I right in thinking Loreweave would be a huge upgrade from a Kaom's? I'm sitting at 7.4k life at the moment with Kaom's, and with a 50 life Loreweave I'd be at 6k but do significantly more damage.

What do people think about the tradeoff?

Probably worth noting that with the 80% max res from Loreweave I could also stop using PoF and throw in a Herald of Ash for even more damage. Also could make room for a totem set up of some description.

Seems like a no-brainer - any thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info