[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

Releveled as Jugg using this guide a few days into the league and I'm glad I did. Feeling pretty damn strong so far. Lots of potential for upgrades too.

Enjoying the build so far :)

I play on xbox and the new league only started last thursday and spent 18 hours farming Oni Goroshi until Uber Hillock spawned!!!

If im just going to use Tectonic Slam which jewells should I use instead of Wildfire?
"
Darkcastle wrote:
For people asking if they should use MS or Tectonic Slam with this build. I'm level 86 and switched to Molten Strike at level 80. It's simply better in every way. First off, MS is great vs crowds AND bosses where TS is only good vs crowds. MS has zero mana issues, you keep all your endurance charges so you have much more survivability.

The mana problem is the one that bothers me the most, I have to make zero considerations for mana with MS, no wasted support gems, passive points, rolls on gear.

If you are 100% committed to Tectonic Strike and want to use it to kill bosses, you should consider the juggernaut staff build that's posted in the forums. That being said, anything will work, but there's no doubt that MS is more optimized for this specific build.

If you don't mind weapon switching and are able to obtain two Onis, I highly recommend Molten Strike (MS)/Wild Strike (WS) - it's far better than MS/MS.

Once your DPS is good enough (get Oskarms), Wild Strike becomes an amazing map clearing skill - it's much better than MS combined with Ancestral Call; but until then, WS will leave you feeling underwhelmed - it'll hit a bunch of mobs but won't kill them. But stick with WS - again, once your DPS improves, WS is a fantastic map clearer.
======

For clearing maps quickly:

For bosses, stubborn yellow mobs, or if you want to precisely target mobs (e.g., if you want to capture a rare and are worried that WS will one-shot, you can use MS to clear up to the capture mob).
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 10, 2018, 10:33:31 PM
Use Yoke of Suffering if you can't afford xoph's.

You're welcome.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE ARMOR Craiceann's Carapace? OR THE FACT OF HAVING VERY ARMORED IS NOT POSITIVE AS LONG AS LIFE?
That new chest definitely caught my eye too. High armor, life, bleed immunity, and the crab barrier stuff all seem to have good synergy for this build.
"
Brunopine wrote:
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE ARMOR Craiceann's Carapace? OR THE FACT OF HAVING VERY ARMORED IS NOT POSITIVE AS LONG AS LIFE?

"
DunkMaster wrote:
That new chest definitely caught my eye too. High armor, life, bleed immunity, and the crab barrier stuff all seem to have good synergy for this build.

As a Jugg, we already have fantastic mitigation against physical damage - very high armor, endurance charges and fortify.

What we don't have is a lot of defense against spell damage - we don't block, evade or dodge; incoming spell damage by-in-large hits us and we rely on life and life regen to stay alive.

TL/DR - Kaom's is a much better choice - if you want sockets, Belly is probably 2nd best.

Got this baby, boosted my dmg immensely.
I found a Bisco's and couldn't choose between a xoph's blood and dying sun. Went with the flask because it wasn't going to screw my resists and was 2ex cheaper. Wonder how high xoph's blood will go this league..7ex+ and climbing. Also killed Red Elder and got a nice anger/vitality watcher's eye that I'm using now.
Last edited by DunkMaster on Mar 11, 2018, 6:03:27 PM
So do you think the new Loreweave chest that was found using the 60x unique ring recipe will be good for this build?
the stats are

HAS 6 SOCKETS
ADDS 8 TO 35 PHYSICAL DAMAGE TO ATTACKS
24 TO ALL ATTRIBUTES
43% INCREASED GLOBAL CRIT CHANCE
25 ENERGY SHIELD
58 MAX LIFE
48 MAX MANA
30% RARITY OF ITEMS FOUND
46% INCREASED ELEMENTAL DAMAGE
YOUR MAXIMUM RESISTANCES ARE 80%

Report Forum Post