[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

Got my Oni, and leveling as MS now
while leveling, I had Melee Splash, isn't it better that Ancestral Call for the clearing ?
Can I get switching to Ancestral Call for the bosses, for the trick to hit ground feets away ?

Having fun right now, no idea how the clearing will be once in maps...
"
MrFrango wrote:
Nice build, i'm doing this as chieftain, since the new buffs you don't even have to buy a xoph's and can go full dps easier (100% extra fire rest). What would you recommend on upgrading? Oskarm still worth on chief?

Imo the Nomad belt is BiS for molten strike.

An interesting take on the Oni-Goroshi molten strike build.

Looking at your toon, it appears that you're not running Purity of Fire - how are you coping w/ "Her Embrace" degen?
====
In terms of possible gear upgrades, I found that
was a huge DPS boost for me - even better than Oskarm; obviously you can't have uniques in every slot, but perhaps replacing your belt with a rare with life, resists and + ele-attacks and then swapping in Maligaro's would be a DPS boost. It was for me - but I'm Jugg and your gear weights will differ.
"
Pimousse wrote:
Got my Oni, and leveling as MS now
while leveling, I had Melee Splash, isn't it better that Ancestral Call for the clearing ?
Can I get switching to Ancestral Call for the bosses, for the trick to hit ground feets away ?

Having fun right now, no idea how the clearing will be once in maps...

For leveling, Ancestral Call is very nice. And as you say, if you aim correctly you can do good DPS versus bosses. I'd recommend AC over MS for leveling.

That said - you have a 6-link. Plug in DPS gems that fit whatever colors you've got if you can't recolor you sword; if you've got plenty of chromes, plug in BiS gems.
Playing tectonic with oni, die cause of Her embrace when flasks end on bosses especially. No leach in buind and too weak regen, how do u deal with it? XD
"
BargestZD wrote:
Playing tectonic with oni, die cause of Her embrace when flasks end on bosses especially. No leach in buind and too weak regen, how do u deal with it? XD

you dont have leech on tree, are level 70.
I farmed oni on the first day of league and been using this build with great success super fun and tanky never have to worry about dying. I am not using purity of fire but dont have any trouble with her embrace at all.

Can someone more experienced tell me if it would be worth upgrading my chest to a kaoms? I feel like I will be better off upgrading my amulet as my first big upgrade?

Last edited by xqball on Mar 9, 2018, 10:13:36 PM
"
xqball wrote:
I farmed oni on the first day of league and been using this build with great success super fun and tanky never have to worry about dying. I am not using purity of fire but dont have any trouble with her embrace at all.

Can someone more experienced tell me if it would be worth upgrading my chest to a kaoms? I feel like I will be better off upgrading my amulet as my first big upgrade?

IMO your amulet is pretty good for now - so go for Kaom's. I would also pick up some other flasks, like Wise Oak, maybe Atziri's Promise.
Xophs blood isnt something I will come over anytime soon, you reckon Chieftain is a solid choice until then, the 100% fireregen ease up the gearing quite a bit too. I loose about 2% dps in PoB but seems to gain a lot on the defensive side like fireres etc.
Also I never played chieftain yet ;)

edit: I ran the numbers and Chieftain skyrockets dps if you dont have xoph
Last edited by Tsteken on Mar 10, 2018, 5:33:49 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
MrFrango wrote:
Nice build, i'm doing this as chieftain, since the new buffs you don't even have to buy a xoph's and can go full dps easier (100% extra fire rest). What would you recommend on upgrading? Oskarm still worth on chief?

Imo the Nomad belt is BiS for molten strike.

An interesting take on the Oni-Goroshi molten strike build.

Looking at your toon, it appears that you're not running Purity of Fire - how are you coping w/ "Her Embrace" degen?
====
In terms of possible gear upgrades, I found that
was a huge DPS boost for me - even better than Oskarm; obviously you can't have uniques in every slot, but perhaps replacing your belt with a rare with life, resists and + ele-attacks and then swapping in Maligaro's would be a DPS boost. It was for me - but I'm Jugg and your gear weights will differ.

Her embrace is never a problem. I will try maligaro's, even though i wonder if i shouldnt look for a more defensive glove. I think the belt is quite good, i won't replace him.
For people asking if they should use MS or Tectonic Slam with this build. I'm level 86 and switched to Molten Strike at level 80. It's simply better in every way. First off, MS is great vs crowds AND bosses where TS is only good vs crowds. MS has zero mana issues, you keep all your endurance charges so you have much more survivability.

The mana problem is the one that bothers me the most, I have to make zero considerations for mana with MS, no wasted support gems, passive points, rolls on gear.

If you are 100% committed to Tectonic Strike and want to use it to kill bosses, you should consider the juggernaut staff build that's posted in the forums. That being said, anything will work, but there's no doubt that MS is more optimized for this specific build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info