[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

I played a MS OG chieftain last league, playing MS OG J U G G this league feels ... wonky.
Maybe it's just me but I feel like the 5% increased aoe per EC really messes up DPS of MS even with concentrated effect. It's better for clearing trash yes but boss DPS seems much lower as balls are spread out further. I also have to pull smaller sized bosses to walls now.

Anyone else feel this way?

I'm currently running with 7 EC and it already feels bad.
My final goal is to play as 10 EC thicc J U G G so i'm missing 2 from 2xKaom's Way and 1 from Belt corruption, should i just stop at 7 EC?
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Mar 7, 2018, 11:33:40 PM
"
kelongngu wrote:
I played a MS OG chieftain last league, playing MS OG J U G G this league feels ... wonky.
Maybe it's just me but I feel like the 5% increased aoe per EC really messes up DPS of MS even with concentrated effect. It's better for clearing trash yes but boss DPS seems much lower as balls are spread out further. I also have to pull smaller sized bosses to walls now.

Anyone else feel this way?

I'm currently running with 7 EC and it already feels bad.
My final goal is to play as 10 EC thicc J U G G so i'm missing 2 from 2xKaom's Way and 1 from Belt corruption, should i just stop at 7 EC?

I assume Unyielding is better suited for TS rather than MS for the increased AoE reason (and additional end charges). If you plan on using MS all the way through I would respec it to something else.
I am new to the game and I do not know which build is better between the two, I see people saying that TS is bad and that it is to get MS, but I do not know if that is correct. Someone here who has knowledge about this could tell you which the best build/passive tree to choose. Could you explain to me what the ultimate goal of each tree/TS and MS. thank you.

Passive tree for Molten Strike or Passive tree for Tectonic Slam? What is the purpose of each?
"
nilConscire wrote:
I am new to the game and I do not know which build is better between the two, I see people saying that TS is bad and that it is to get MS, but I do not know if that is correct. Someone here who has knowledge about this could tell you which the best build/passive tree to choose. Could you explain to me what the ultimate goal of each tree/TS and MS. thank you.

Passive tree for Molten Strike or Passive tree for Tectonic Slam? What is the purpose of each?

I personally haven't tried TS, so I can't really say if it's better or worse than MS. The trees however differ because Molten Strike also is a projectile attack and therefore benefits from some passives that won't do anything for Tectonic Slam, like Point Blank for example.

Overall, MS is a really easy skill to use, works very well against bosses as well as packs of mobs and looks pretty stylish for that matter. Been using that since level 1 (or rather level 5, since the OG decided to drop then) and it didn't really get boring yet with now being level 90.

Definitely a good build, easy to level as you'll never have the problem of needing a weapon upgrade. And if you use Purity of Fire like me, you'll also have an easy time capping resistances.
MS is a fun and good skill, but sometimes I`m having problems surviving, I guess better gear is in order.
Last edited by MBLV on Mar 8, 2018, 1:35:15 PM
"
nilConscire wrote:

Go Tectonic Slam it is much more fun to use and better for mapping. It is good at killing bosses all the way up until t13 maps, where not having endurance charges can be dicey.

As a new player, it is up to you, try some things out, see what you like. It is very easy to switch to MS later on as well if you want to, so I wouldn't worry.
Nice build, i'm doing this as chieftain, since the new buffs you don't even have to buy a xoph's and can go full dps easier (100% extra fire rest). What would you recommend on upgrading? Oskarm still worth on chief?

Imo the Nomad belt is BiS for molten strike.

Hey!

Just got my Oni and starting this build right now. I got one question though: it will take a while until i ll get Kaom´s heart. In the mean time the sockets on my body armour are staying unused all the time.
Is there any setup you could use until you get Kaom´s Heart? or perhaps i just misunderstood something in this build :z.

Gl hf.
For TS users:

I recommend trying Kingsguard as a chest armour. 100 Life recovered instantly per consumed Endurance Charge is pretty insane if you consider that you will consume them all the time. I might actually respec from MS to TS to try this out. Yes, you will lose the sick life pool gainz from Kaom's, but you get pretty insane life recovery that won't be affected by any map mods. Not to mention that Kingsguard is dirt cheap and can be 6-linked to socket MS setup for bossing.
Found my Oni and will try this build for this season. Plan is to level with Tectonic and buy another Oni later on and swap! :-)

What do you guys think about using Winters Spirit for 40% phys to cold if you cannot get a Xophs blood? that would give 90% convertion?
Last edited by Tsteken on Mar 9, 2018, 10:04:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info