[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

"
Nagapito wrote:
And also, Point Blank, in case you didnt removed it too. Didnt checked

I removed it from the tree already. If you're talking about the tree from PoB, I just have it there because it is both the stats for MS and TS.
Last edited by roun on Mar 5, 2018, 3:29:14 PM
"
klaymored wrote:
I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with Tectonic Slam. Maybe I'm missing the point or it will shine at later levels, but right now Molten Strike plays more smoothly. No need to switch gems and Ancestral Call is dope. And you get to keep all your Endurance Charges for IC/mitigation, and you don't need to spec into Disemboweling = bigger lifepool.

I'm not very far, just white maps, but I'm wondering if maybe this tree just isn't good for tectonic. You need endurance charges for tectonic to really shine, and you only get 4 with this tree but you're close enough to others to get 7 by level 70, however at that point you've varied from this build a decent amount that it's almost something else. Tectonic also seems to be more more mana hungry. even with spirit void I cant sustain mana with PoF and Anger running.

I'm considering just swapping to MS, this character is only meant to fund my next one anyway. I just personally didn't want to do MS because my last character from abyss was MS and I wanted a change of pace.

tectonic is cool skill though, i love the visuals
DONT NEED Vaal Pact? skill tree?
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
I'm not very far, just white maps, but I'm wondering if maybe this tree just isn't good for tectonic. You need endurance charges for tectonic to really shine, and you only get 4 with this tree but you're close enough to others to get 7 by level 70, however at that point you've varied from this build a decent amount that it's almost something else. Tectonic also seems to be more more mana hungry. even with spirit void I cant sustain mana with PoF and Anger running.

I'm considering just swapping to MS, this character is only meant to fund my next one anyway. I just personally didn't want to do MS because my last character from abyss was MS and I wanted a change of pace.

tectonic is cool skill though, i love the visuals

I get what you're saying.

My only concern is - would more max endurance charges really solve the problem? I think the issue is in generating charges as quickly as you can spend them. Higher attack speed means you will need to generate these more reliably (this reminds me of Attack speed & EQ relationship, more AS doesn't always mean it's strictly better) - maybe even resort to Endurance Charge on Melee Stun support gem, since Unyielding only gives 25% chance on stun, so I assume there would be cases where it won't be able to keep up (but I may be wrong here).

It's just a hassle at this point.

I've been playing the tectonic strike version of this build up to level 75, and using path of building. The gem links of this guide are simply wrong for tectonic strike. I have 6 max endurance charges and Faster attacks and Multistrike consume them all instantly during bosses. Path of building has the "has endurance charges" button ticked, which is simply wrong 90% of your attacks against bosses (this is only about 5-10% of the time vs packs). This gives an unrealistic 18% more damage in the calculation.

I recommend Tectonic Slam, Melee Physical, Ruthless, Weapon Elemental Damage, Concentrated Effect and Physical to Lightning/Added Fire Damage.

Even with removing 2 attack speed gems, this build still can't maintain endurance charges during boss fights. There may be some nifty ideas around Voll's Devotion, but at this point it's looking like more effort than it's worth to make tectonic slam work.
Last edited by Darkcastle on Mar 6, 2018, 5:22:17 PM
TS is a lot better than MS for clearing. MS is undoubtedly better for bosses and I'm not even using the threshold jewels.

Currently I'm using them both in 4L (weapon and chest). They really do need different gem supports, tree and jewels. I believe the best option is to make the MS build and just use TS for clearing. It'll work because mobs don't need min maxed skills anyway but bosses do.

Why do you say that Disemboweling doesn't help MS ? I know it doesn't help the projectiles. Is that MS's main source of damage ?
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
So i swapped multistrike gem for end charge on melee stun and i've been pleasantly surprised.

I ALWAYS have max end charges and it also helps a lot with sword degen from the .2% life regen per end charge node we take.
To the OP:

FWIW - I think that the MS build that this post was originally for is great! - the TS build seems to have some decent potential but I think it would be better maintained if it were a separate build post entirely. The two builds intertwined together seems to be getting more confusing to keep straight. Just my own thoughts on this and thank you for your efforts to making these builds available for everyone!
Hi, thanks for that amazing guide <3 im lvl 55... i have a question about support gems... im go with: MS + Multistrike + add fire damage + ancestra call + Elemental damage with attacks + increased crit dmg... do you think its good idea for bosses change increased crit dmg > concentrated effect and ancestrall call > fire penetration??? idk if ancestrall call work fine fighting with bosses or just to clear maps... thanks again i love that build!
Last edited by Fed3lian87 on Mar 7, 2018, 12:35:53 AM
been having great success with this build so far. was fairly annoyed by the lack of sustain/durability before getting unflinching in the J U G G tree, but now everything is going smooth as butter. some questions about the endgame (while I'm not there yet haha)

1. isn't it worth it to focus on getting more endurance charges, for reduced damage taken and bigger immortal call window? dunno how the build fares in high maps.
2. is crit a big part of this build mainly because of the gloves? is it also the way you can get a high uptime on her embrace?
3. what maps should we avoid with this build? so far I can guess ele reflect, no regen and maybe phys reflect (if you're not using xoph's blood, but even then...)
4. xoph's blood avatar of fire will convert 50% of all your damage to fire, but you won't be able to deal non-fire damage. is there some part of this build that takes care of the other 50% un-converted damage? (I can also have gotten the whole avatar of fire effect wrong, but I dunno)

Sorry if any of these questions were already answered, I had the biggest brain fart and cannot remember how to search stuff on individual posts, only on the marauder forum.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Mar 7, 2018, 2:14:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info