[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

"
"
Exobiotic wrote:
Am I right in thinking Loreweave would be a huge upgrade from a Kaom's? I'm sitting at 7.4k life at the moment with Kaom's, and with a 50 life Loreweave I'd be at 6k but do significantly more damage.

What do people think about the tradeoff?

Probably worth noting that with the 80% max res from Loreweave I could also stop using PoF and throw in a Herald of Ash for even more damage. Also could make room for a totem set up of some description.

Seems like a no-brainer - any thoughts?

Watcher's eye.

Can you elaborate? Not sure what this has to do with my Loreweave question.

Thanks
Anyone successfully managed to beat Uber Elder with this build yet?
Interesting build, but my problem is it requires too many uniques (besides the sword) to really work effectively. Xophs is 7.5ex atm. Kaom's Heart is 4ex. 10ex for an end game build is far above and beyond any reasonable budget for a casual like me. I got the sword, that's it. I was looking for an Oni build that works with just Oni and maybe 100c total for the rest of the slots.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 15, 2018, 11:10:44 AM
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Anyone successfully managed to beat Uber Elder with this build yet?

Let you know how it goes when I get there, I am close. Didn't play Abyss league so process of getting there taking a bit longer. Can do Shaper deathless at least.

Build has been a shitshow trying to figure out what works.

I've spec'd into a ton of regen and life, with 2x Kaom's Way, still can't facetank stuff like I'd like to...

Guess I am finding out the hard way how OP Vaal Pact was, because my Berserker will VP in Harbinger could sit there facetanking guardians.

Even with stacked regen, 8k hp, good armor, AND 2 life leech wheels, I still can't facetank stuff like I'd like to.

I've been trying out all kinds of setups trying to find what I like, still haven't gotten there yet...My latest butcheries were giving up damage since I had a shitload in attempt to be able to facetank rippy T15s and shit...Not panning out yet.

I've got it in a good place, but I still feel underwhelmed by my survivability despite my attempts to fix it. I have recently found that LEECH nodes ARE essential though nonetheless. Take Vitality Void 100%, you'll see much greater returns from that than trying to stack a bunch of regen. My next experiment may be to ditch a bunch of regen I spec'd into, take a bunch of dmg back, and see if leech works better instead.

Suggestions and ideas welcome. Can do Shaper and Guardians deathless, but I'd like to be able to do rippy T15s and Guardian's mod'd out as well.
How far can I realistically get in mapping with no Xophs or Kaoms? Will I be able to run at least T11s (most mods), and farm merc lab? If there isn't a build that uses this sword that can give me what I'm looking for with my budget, then point me to one that can? Or maybe I'll sell the sword to fund a build that can run T11s with the 1ex of currency I get from selling it?
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 15, 2018, 11:14:49 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
How far can I realistically get in mapping with no Xophs or Kaoms? Will I be able to run at least T11s (most mods), and farm merc lab? If there isn't a build that uses this sword that can give me what I'm looking for with my budget, then point me to one that can? Or maybe I'll sell the sword to fund a build that can run T11s with the 1ex of currency I get from selling it?

yoke of suffering and atziri's splendor. I popped in iron reflexes and bought the cheap ar/ev splendor, and yoke of suffering is on par with Xophs dps boost and scales well with Kaoms when you can afford it, allowing xophs to be pushed back to a late endgame upgrade.

The two pieces shouldn't cost you more than 15-20C
Thinking about seeing how Atziri's Acuity would work with this build. Interesting because you'd get Vaal Pact when you crit, and could weapon swap and wait for Vaal Pact to fall off to deal with Oni degen/get regen back eventually.
Welp, dropped my last exalts on some Acuitys, thinking these might be the answer for endgame. No amount of regen is going to allow you to survive like this, and you don't have to use 2x Kaom's Way to get regen and feel tanky.

Look at it this way, I re-did my tree, specced out of some damage, went for a ton of life, and a ton of regen, had 2x Kaom's Way, 8k HP, even running Determination for more armor, Purity of Fire, and a Watcher's Eye that gives an additional 8% phys reduction while running Determination. None of that worked, you simply cannot survive the damage output of jacked up mobs in T15s or even tiers below that, and even doing Guardians without mods is more of a chore than it should be as a Juggernaught.

So, what I've learned is that you get far more benefit of just speccing into damage and leech. Stacking regen will at best give you upwards of 700hp/s counting the Oni degen. Speccing into some leech nodes and Vitality Void will automatically give you ~1k leech per second. Already that is giving you more survivability than regen. Add some more leech and Vaal Pact and you're up to 4-5k/s. MUCH better. AND this scales off damage. Adding damage nodes will give you around 200-500 lech per second, the same amount youd get by speccing into a bunch of regen. Furthermore, with Acuities, you still get the bonus of regen, and it times perfectly with when Her Embrace falls off, so you have the sustain during the fight with VP, and you have the regen out of fight as well. If shit ever gets hairy you weapon swap to cancel the Oni degen. It does require more micromanagement, but for people who want to push high-tier stuff, something to think about.

Also, don't take this as reason to be discouraged that you need all of this expensive stuff to succeed. You don't at all. You can definitely do most content with tons of comprimises in this build. 2x Kaom's Way with Vitality Void, different chest pieces, different belts, different gloves, etc...It is all do-able and you can make it work, it can take some experimenting though to get it to feel right, this is my take on where I'd go once money starts to pile up.

Hope this helps some people.
Last edited by frankthetankkk on Mar 15, 2018, 2:38:23 PM
Love this build guide thus far. I’m a fairly new player and got a Oni. My question is

1) should I follow the molten strike build as it’s about the killing the boss but use the TS gem to clear the map to it?
2) Does the Oni Sword physical dmg always state 6-13 dmg even after I equip it on my lvl 82 Marauder?

Thanks
Last edited by Goro75 on Mar 15, 2018, 3:17:39 PM
"
Exobiotic wrote:
"
"
Exobiotic wrote:
Am I right in thinking Loreweave would be a huge upgrade from a Kaom's? I'm sitting at 7.4k life at the moment with Kaom's, and with a 50 life Loreweave I'd be at 6k but do significantly more damage.

What do people think about the tradeoff?

Probably worth noting that with the 80% max res from Loreweave I could also stop using PoF and throw in a Herald of Ash for even more damage. Also could make room for a totem set up of some description.

Seems like a no-brainer - any thoughts?

Watcher's eye.

Can you elaborate? Not sure what this has to do with my Loreweave question.

Thanks

Watcher's Eye can give you 15% fire pen or 25% of phys added as fire if using Anger. You can use Loreweave if you want, but personally I prefer Kaoms.
Last edited by roun on Mar 15, 2018, 3:50:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info