[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

Set up so far, still a long way to go.
"
Exobiotic wrote:
Am I right in thinking Loreweave would be a huge upgrade from a Kaom's? I'm sitting at 7.4k life at the moment with Kaom's, and with a 50 life Loreweave I'd be at 6k but do significantly more damage.

What do people think about the tradeoff?

Probably worth noting that with the 80% max res from Loreweave I could also stop using PoF and throw in a Herald of Ash for even more damage. Also could make room for a totem set up of some description.

Seems like a no-brainer - any thoughts?

Will try that in standard, unless I can be bothered to get in bestiary eventually, should work well considering you can completely ditch ele res gear and put raw dmg or hp ,etc.
"
MBLV wrote:
"
Exobiotic wrote:
Am I right in thinking Loreweave would be a huge upgrade from a Kaom's? I'm sitting at 7.4k life at the moment with Kaom's, and with a 50 life Loreweave I'd be at 6k but do significantly more damage.

Probably worth noting that with the 80% max res from Loreweave I could also stop using PoF and throw in a Herald of Ash for even more damage. Also could make room for a totem set up of some description.

Will try that in standard, unless I can be bothered to get in bestiary eventually, should work well considering you can completely ditch ele res gear and put raw dmg or hp ,etc.

>> considering you can completely ditch ele res gear
The chest changes your resistance cap from 75 to 76-to-80; you still need resistance gear/jewels/auras.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 13, 2018, 6:22:33 PM
Oh, my bad, still worth a shot for this build.
Hey, playing this Build atm and really enjoying it. Great Guide with very detailed information. I've a question regarding your links for MS. With good positioning i feel like AC is a huge DPS boost even for single target, so im using MS, ele dmg w attacks, MS, AC and Conc atm. For the 6th link im using ppad which gives me the biggest dmg boost according to PoB. Youre using FA and fire pen/conc for your 5th/6th link. What do you think is the best setup, specially for Bossing. At least in PoB FA looks kinda bad compared to ppad or fire pen and do you think conc is even worth using, because youre less likely to hit your target with all the balls then.

"
Exobiotic wrote:

Watcher's eye.
Btw as the OP suggested Obscurantis, tried it and it`s really bad, my current helm gives out far better damage output.
@roun
I'm playing Jugg Molten Strike/Wild Strike this league and am enjoying my character a ton - thanks for this guide.

I'm curious though - why are you recommending Tectonic Strike? - moreover, what is Tectonic Strike supposed to do? Is it a better map clearing skill than Wild Strike? - or is it supposed to be really good at boss killing too?
=====
From what I've read, Tectonic Strike appears to be a good map clearing skill, but lacks the boss-killing DPS of Molten Strike. If this is so, then the build/tree, should concentrate on buffing Molten Strike as much as possible - afterall, map clearing isn't something that's super-lacking.

But, if you take this approach, it seems that you'll struggle with Tectonic Strike - as you'll likely need a slightly different tree for the skill especially in light of its high mana requirements.

Meanwhile...
What was wrong with Molten Strike/Wild Strike to make Molten Strike/Tectonic Strike better? Wild Strike is amazing at map clearing, can use the exact same tree as Molten Strike, and takes very little mana to support.
====
My 2 cents:
1) If you can farm 2 Onis and don't mind weapon switching, MS/WS is the way to go;
2) If you can farm only 1 Oni and don't mind swapping gems, I'm not sure what's best, but perhaps MS with gem swaps for bosses is the way to go;
3) Tectonic Strike is a new skill and might be fun to play for the novelty - but it doesn't seem to fit well with a Molten Strike boss killer, given 1 and 2 above.

Am I missing something?
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 14, 2018, 11:40:47 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
@roun
I'm playing Jugg Molten Strike/Wild Strike this league and am enjoying my character a ton - thanks for this guide.

I'm curious though - why are you recommending Tectonic Strike? - moreover, what is Tectonic Strike supposed to do? Is it a better map clearing skill than Wild Strike? - or is it supposed to be really good at boss killing too?
=====
From what I've read, Tectonic Strike appears to be a good map clearing skill, but lacks the boss-killing DPS of Molten Strike. If this is so, then the build/tree, should concentrate on buffing Molten Strike as much as possible - afterall, map clearing isn't something that's super-lacking.

But, if you take this approach, it seems that you'll struggle with Tectonic Strike - as you'll likely need a slightly different tree for the skill especially in light of its high mana requirements.

Meanwhile...
What was wrong with Molten Strike/Wild Strike to make Molten Strike/Tectonic Strike better? Wild Strike is amazing at map clearing, can use the exact same tree as Molten Strike, and takes very little mana to support.
====
My 2 cents:
1) If you can farm 2 Onis and don't mind weapon switching, MS/WS is the way to go;
2) If you can farm only 1 Oni and don't mind swapping gems, I'm not sure what's best, but perhaps MS with gem swaps for bosses is the way to go;
3) Tectonic Strike is a new skill and might be fun to play for the novelty - but it doesn't seem to fit well with a Molten Strike boss killer, given 1 and 2 above.

Am I missing something?

TS is much better at clearing than MS. I use it on my chest as I don't have a Kaom's (and I haven't decided if I'll take that route). The only problem I see with it is the mana cost. At the moment I use it as a 4L so it's not a problem but it will be as a 6L.

Of course since boss killing is what requires attention I use the MS tree and choose my gear with that in mind. However the only 2 things on the entire tree that don't work with TS are PB and IG. Granted, these are large damage increases but since TS is just for clearing it doesn't really matter.

I have tried WS as suggested by people on this thread. It is indeed good at clearing but I dislike the fact that it has to hit something to work. There are times when you don't want to approach an enemy (low life situations for example). TS will work just fine there while WS will just leave you swinging aimlessly at midair. I suppose it's a matter of playstyle/preference but for the moment at least I'll stick to TS for clearing. Maybe when I get a 6L armour or a second Oni I'll reconsider.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Mar 14, 2018, 12:24:29 PM
Is there anything to put in Ancestral Call`s place when using Tectonic Slam, it doesn't seem to support it, Molten Strike does, though.
Last edited by MBLV on Mar 14, 2018, 2:00:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info