[3.4] Arc Mines Hall of Grandmasters Farming Build

"
agarrett wrote:
I'm fairly new here, so I hope you'll forgive a fairly basic question. How does this build work? Specifically the basic support gems. It looks to me like you've got the Arc spell supported by some Mine support gems. But the arc spell itself doesn't place mines, so how or why does this work at all?

I've seen something similar on youtube, but just trying to wrap my head around the rules and figure this out. Thanks for any help.

He is using a Tremor Rod (unqiue staff). The first explicit on the staff says "socketed gems are supported by lvl 10 remote mine". So this way skills socketed in this staff will be automaticly "linked" with remote mine. Its a pseudo link. Its like a hidden support gem on that item. This way you can make a 7-link item. 6-links + one from explicit. There are few items like this (for example https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pledge_of_Hands).
"
jayceenoodle wrote:
what would you recommend doing if essence worms are 28c and you cant afford it?

Do the same what everyone does. Play without it until u can afford.

To get some Chaos u can do this:

Get to maps, find Trials and Invite other People and ask for a Tip. Many people give u a Chaos.
Do the Chaos Orb Recipe.
Farm Currency and trade them for Chaos.
Question: how do you deal with ItBurnsWhenIPeeFire? RF/Scorching Ray build that kills me within about 3 seconds of getting in range to place traps and takes no visible damage.
a bit off topic, but why can't arc totem farm HOTGM, just wondering
"
GetZucced wrote:
Question: how do you deal with ItBurnsWhenIPeeFire? RF/Scorching Ray build that kills me within about 3 seconds of getting in range to place traps and takes no visible damage.

some few options here

1. need remove burning flask then facetank but need good dps
2. get +2 arc chains enchant on helm for better wave clear in single mine trigger
3. make sure u have Cast on death portal setup then use leap slam offhand and suicide jump into him get back in and spam mine
Hey for farming (t15) me need change sockets: Contr Destr, Light Pen > added lightning dmg, elemental focus it will be better this way?
Last edited by darkworld911 on Jun 14, 2018, 3:18:16 AM
Whats your opinion on farming Hall of Grandmasters in 3.3? Especially in terms of gaining Currency, compared to the new league mechanics?

I used to play it in bestiary because it didn't have much to offer. Now with the new mechanics i am not quite sure if its as profitable as spamming temple.
Just want to ask you about the thing that SleepyPoro did. How's profitable HoGM in this league with 11c map cost
I don't believe it is worth farming temple on a non RF build atm.

ItBurnsWhenIPeeFire is bugged to do mapwide Scorching Rays which will burn at least 1 portal on a character that can't outregen Scorching Ray and overall just suck.
I consider myself moderately experienced at Path of Exile (858 hours as of writing) and I thought I'd do a quick review of this build from my perspective.

I've never done a mine based build before, and the leveling process was quite nice. Once I got to mapping, the character slowed down while I worked to afford the two key items in this build, Kaom's Heart and the Watcher's Eye. The Quant in this build is definitely sufficient to farm up currency to afford the gear, and especially with Incursions in this league, a relatively cheap body armour that gives +1XX life and +X% life while still giving moderate resists is very cheap and certainly enough to last you until you equip Kaom's Heart and the Watcher's Eye.

I first cleared my first Hall of Grandmasters with no deaths, mostly because I did not run into ItBurnsWhenIPeeFire or any of the CWDT dudes. After I've learned how to run the map faster, I've learned a couple points.

1. If it's green and on the ground SLOW DOWN and stay the hell away from it. Any poison damage on this map is nearly instantly lethal, even with all the pantheon upgrades.

2. Life regen from Pyromaniac is key to quick clearing and making sure the Divination Distillate is constantly ticking to give you the best chance at drops. I plant a whole stack of mines at the beginning of each hall to empty my mana pool slightly so DD can tick and to get the health regen going, then I power through each wave dropping one mine and letting something damage me on my way past to instagib nearly all the waves. I can usually get 2 waves per flask usage, so I should still have one left for the final platform.

3. The final platform: oh god is it scary. While most groups can be one shot with the mines, many of the grandmasters here can nearly one shot you, some seemingly without any counterplay. This is where I consistently die at. ItBurnsWhenIPeeFire here is usually a portal if not 2 or 3. Often I've found the stairs are the part that gets me, and some of the dudes off screen me. I probably need a Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline, instead of the Experimenters of Adrenaline that I prefer for basic mapping. Clearing Grandmasters is quick if dangerous, and having flasks that prevent death is going to be much better than quicksilvering for a little longer. I might invest in 35% movespeed boots too if that's still not enough to get me so I feel like I have a chance to kill the dudes before they kill me up the stairs.

4. Sustain: It feels like a lot of the money you get from this map is from superior gems and maps, and I'm not used to selling either of those. Some maps feel like you don't get very much, and some maps you get the two divination card drops that we run this map for. I'm sure I'm more than breaking even, and you can often find a good deal on a map, or can buy several in one go to sustain better.

I'm sure as I invest more into this character, I'll enjoy it even more, but this character is a lot of fun to play. Grandmasters is a huge challenge that it's nice to finally overcome and I feel like I'm getting to the point where I only die once a map, and I hope to bring that number even further down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info