[3.4] Arc Mines Hall of Grandmasters Farming Build

Bump
Last edited by EkEL on Apr 24, 2018, 8:48:41 PM
I have been playing this build for a little while now, and got it to lvl 90 and thought i would share my thoughts and gearing. I decided not to play it as a MF character due to the price of decent ventors and the increased price of HOTGM. I wanted the build to be able to map effectively as well

I left the skill tree the same.

Sarkonjas, devotos or rats nest are all fine as a helmet with the arc enchant. sarkonjas gives life, dex and crit. Rats gives a lot of crit, and move speed. devotos gives dex, move speed and chaos res. If i could choose again id take sarkonjas

For gloves i took meginords with temp chains. They give 100 strength and nothing else useful. they make it easy to wear kaoms without insane gear.

I was able to get an amulet with 25% spell damage. Tora can craft up to 20% mine damage on a rare belt as a suffix.

Tremor rod is good as it lets you use your mines twice, near instantly. It has saved my ass plenty of times.

Instead of linking my helm, boots of gloves for scorching ray, i put a balefire on switch with burning damage, efficacy and elemental focus. I swap to it for gubben, dynuss and friends but i dont need it outside of HOTGM. It also does more damage than a four link setup as it is effectively a 5 link in a three link weapon.

Not needing a scorching ray setup in my gear means a item of gear is freed up. I used kaoms roots as my boots instead of taking a new skill as i didnt need any different skills. Its gives cant be stunned so we dont need it on our armour as well as the life and cant be slowed.

An important note about boot enchants. This build does not "kill" or "crit", our mines do for us so enchants that occur when we haven't crit or killed are up 100% of the time. I am using added lightning damage if you haven't killed recently as it is basically half a wrath gem of damage added on its own although lightning penetration could be good as well

I have used this build for mapping up to tier 14 and 15 comfortably and quickly most of the time i use a six socket dalla's malefication to lvl gems in instead of kaoms as it isnt necessary most of the time I am comfortably able to farm uberlab. I havent died yet on HOTGM and i dont think Ive gone under half hp once

Currently lvl 90. 5423 life, 1551 mana, 15,614 damage per mine
Last edited by EkEL123 on Apr 24, 2018, 8:53:22 PM
Doesn't control destruction reduce critical chance of arc when it is used from trap?
First time Hall of Grandmasters and it was deathless and very easy. And all that with crap jewels, no enchants and a 5L staff. HOGM with Arc. Who would have thought...
Thanks for the build. It works just as advertised!
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
leninas98 wrote:
Doesn't control destruction reduce critical chance of arc when it is used from trap?

Yes, but you still get a pretty good chance to crit even with it on, and it adds a lot of damage
*edit* somehow it did a double post instead of editing my comment, sorry.
Last edited by Psykrom on May 25, 2018, 9:07:19 AM
well, POB broken obviously after all the skill changes. Arc has been buffed too.
Last edited by Psykrom on May 30, 2018, 8:17:18 AM
"
Psykrom wrote:
well, POB broken obviously after all the skill changes. Arc has been buffed too.

fixed it
that was quick, thanks! wish I could play already :)
Last edited by Psykrom on May 30, 2018, 9:27:55 AM
Hello, do you think the 8 new Grandmasters will be a challenge?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info