[3.3]♥ Low Life Poet's Volatile Dead ♥ All Content Down + Videos

"
notwisted wrote:
"
Rezzzy wrote:
"
RJDevil wrote:
I was wondering what curses would be the best to use on this build. Running a scion version. I saw that you had Ele weakness over flammability and I was wondering why. Also, would there be a situation where assassin's mark would be better over the elemental curses?

A 20/20 ele weakness gives 44% reduced resists. A 20/20 flammability also gives 44% reduced. Elemental weakness is always better unless you're playing an ignite build because it also gives the extra damage from the non fire elemental damage we have from things like HoI or jewels.

You can run assassins mark but the damage is crazy enough that the elemental weakness adds way more damage to bosses.

HI AGAIN REZZZY XD

so I'm still working on the build and it's going well! I think I have hit a wall though.

1) I'm currently trying to craft some GG boots for this build but every time I look at a guide to do it I get lost.. could you walk me through a process for this, please? like, shoudl I be rolling shaped blue scorc boots till they hit cooldown then start adding more mods? I have no clue.

2) what sort of jewels should I be going for? I currently have 2 skill tree jewel slots and 1 on the belt I can throw jewels into but I'm not sure what would work best. i know you have the correct jewels linked on this 1st-page soi guess I'm more so asking what stats you feel like im lacking.

3) I'm assuming I won't really get much more ES until I up my boots or swap my watchers eye for a 100 ex one (FML) so maybe I can find some ES in my jewels ? is this a waste?

You have 2 options, Spam chaos or spam alts.
if you chaos spammed cdr: Craft whatever affix is best
if you spammed alts: aug - regal - craft
If you have decent boots, you can then throw a few ex into them.

Double crit multi + es is always best
And yeah, always aim for es jewels!
Hey!

Thanks for the build, currently just got to level 80 and pretty much facerolling everything so far (tier 12) maps.

Leveling experience was the best I've had so far in the game, it felt like you don't even really have to play :D

Think I've spent like 15ex for gear, so still much room to min max gear wise. Also was my first ever LL build and I've been enjoying it whole time.

Would totally recommend this build to anyone who is thinking about trying it out! (just be ready to suffer from low fps in maps) XD
I wanted to give my thanks to the author / OP. The guide is exceptionally well written, with a lot of useful explanations that other authors may have just glossed over.

I used the build/guide to level from 1-88, and it was a fast and furious experience. I have since abandoned the build due to budget-focused survivability issues. A few caveats for newer players such as myself, when it comes to playing this build:

When the author says this build is Expensive; he means it. The GG items with top tier rolls are incredibly expensive, and are likely tough for a newer/casual player to obtain. The good news is these items are not needed to make the build work.

The expensive items help tremendously with survivability and quality of life. Without them, a newer player will find himself being punted by high tier bosses and guardians. The build is a glass cannon by any possible definition :)

Buying the Div cards for the chest is cheaper than buying a bottom-roll version of the chest; at least this was the case at the end of Jan. The 5L prophecy is cheaper than the price difference between non-linked and 5L. Though this means you miss out on the 6th unlinked socket when the prophecy is used, right?

The 5L chest with the budget version colors of 3G-1R-1B is actually very difficult to obtain. The Vorici Calculator has the average cost at 806 chromes using the 1R2G recipe. Needing that red socket for Warlord's Mark is the culprit, and it's unfortunate that Warlord's Mark does not function reliably against bosses. Skipping Warlord's Mark and the red socket on the chest might be a better budget recommendation altogether.

The Lightpoacher helmet should be strongly recommended for a mapping-focused variation. The CWDT setup is replaced by the helmet, with gems like GMP Volley PhysLight. The aura setup in The Vertex needs to be adjusted of course. The player can hotswap to a boss-focused helmet, with a CWDT setup and perhaps Decoy Totem or Flame Dash. The Lightning/Ice golem goes into the 6th unlinked socket on the chest.

The Lightpoacher helps make up for the delayed DPS of Volatile Dead. The projectiles travel for miles and they seem to benefit from Herald of Ice's shatter. With charges saved up, you can sprint into the middle of a new pack and 'shotgun' them in the face. The stragglers are then hunted down by the VD balls, and you Quicksilver to the next pack.

Thanks for the build guide! :)
Thanks a lot for the guide

I've made small variations to the build to ensure it gets bit less expensive.
I went with the +1 curse to ennemies passive in the tree so I can run assassin mark + flammability without the needs for a super expensive amulet

My tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMEA5YFQgceCPQNfA5ID8QQWBEPES8RUBGWGGoZihqBGo8bJR2qIG4iJiL0JG8qCysKLJwspjQKNCA1uTdmOVI7KDt8PV9BlkV8RnFJUUmxS65Ms1AwUXRSU1RHWAdca1yKXfJfal-wYENqQ2wLbRluPW-ecFJ3B3tue9d_xoMJhEiExYUOhxOHZYnTjDaP-pDWkyeVLpchl5WboZu1nKShL6KjpjKmmaa-pyuocqlIrJius6-bsVu0DLjKuZO86r6AvorBfMMJwzrDbcpKytPQH9DQ0PXS6NfP2VvbXuGI4vfpAuq66_XviO_r8NXyHfba99f5N_sJ?accountName=WDZepplin2&characterName=CrazyMapDPS

As far as gear goes, you can check out my profile, it is pretty average

I'm able to run anything just fine as well

Thanks a lot again!
Last edited by WDZepplin2 on Feb 3, 2018, 10:25:17 PM
"
Evening and thanks for the guide.

question....im tryinf to run all the Auras, however i dont seem to be abvle to get Arctic Armour/Herald of ice in slot and activated...just get "not enough life"?

Help....lvl80

swapping the gems from your boots to your helm will likely fix the issue (the issue being you don't have a high enough levelled enlighten with the blood magic to reduce the mana cost of your aura's enough to cast them all... you also could take mana cost reduction in the skill try as outlined in the guide. (charisma, for example, will reduce mana reserved by a further 6%... it would only cost you 1 point aswell.)
Is this playable in a "budget" variant? I.e. without the superexpensive items like the enchant & watchers eye? I.e. alternative leech method (doryanis belt or so?)
Last edited by voonvoon on Feb 12, 2018, 7:02:33 AM
"
voonvoon wrote:
Is this playable in a "budget" variant? I.e. without the superexpensive items like the enchant & watchers eye? I.e. alternative leech method (doryanis belt or so?)

You don't need the enchant and you can use warlords mark for leech but watchers eye is preferred since is has 100% effectiveness on bosses.
Will this guide be getting a rework adapted to 3.2 ?
I used it the last league and loved it so i wanna give it another go in 3.2.
"
prfallen1 wrote:
Will this guide be getting a rework adapted to 3.2 ?
I used it the last league and loved it so i wanna give it another go in 3.2.

Yeah it will be! Occultist/Inquis/Accendent(ass/inq) is looking great atm.
No nerf so it should be all good
So can you post a new PoB link with the changes to ascendancy please ? Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info