*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
DAS13 wrote:
How can you be sure that this is working with elemental overload and other elemental increases ?

From 3.0 it was changed how poison works. Now it takes base damage only (chaos and physical) and is then increased separately by it's modifiers (dot, poison, ailments..)
You said that Volkuur adds dot to lightning but it doesn't. It only let's you use lightning damage as a base for poison along physical and chaos. But poison damage produced is still poison damage that means chaos/dot/ailment damage and that measn it should be only scaled the same way poison is scaled.

Can you provide some proof that Elemental Overload (and other ele increases) actually boosts poison damage produced?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1894471 => development manifesto to dot changes

read ele dmg with attack section:

Weapon Elemental Damage

The "Elemental Damage with Weapons" stats that were found on the passive tree, items, and the Weapon Elemental Damage support have now been replaced with "Elemental Damage with Attack Skills". This has two notable effects:
These new stats now modify all of the damage dealt by Attack Skills, not just the attack damage. This means that Damage Over Time dealt by an attack skill, such as Ignite and Secondary Damage (including the explosion from Infernal Blow), will be affected as well. We've made this change to create a natural increase in Ignite damage for characters investing in Elemental Attacks, as a benefit for fire characters.
These stats now apply to Unarmed attacks. This was a necessary result of the change. It opens up new avenues for elemental unarmed attack builds, so we'll be monitoring exactly how this affects Facebreaker and Doryani's Fist balance.

this works for poison as well. ele overload works the same way. i also did some extended testing on this and can 100% confirm that it works.
Last edited by Sacr0 on Jan 17, 2018, 9:48:01 AM
Last edited by Bannedmyself_ on Mar 2, 2020, 7:49:50 AM
What I still don't totally understand is the Quiver choice. Sure its pretty good for this build, but really expensive too with the corruption.

We could get a +1 arrow shaped Quiver with more life, 35+% elemental damage with attack skills and some other usefull stats like attack speed, resists, accuracy, (low) flat lightning damage, chance to gain Onslaught and so on. And it costs 1/10th of a +1 corrupted Maloney.

Am I missing something that makes Maloney the far superior choice? The slightly higher poison damage we get from it? The difference is minimal. And not dependant on Blind on a rare one.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 17, 2018, 1:57:26 PM
maloney's has 10% inc as, good life roll and ~50% poison dmg which is huge in combination with +1 arrow. its all the stats we need. the costs for this quiver went up a lot, i bought it for 1,5 ex. it was the cheapest choice for +1 arrow in combination with those stats back then.
I'm following the build, it's pretty great and fun. I did corrupt a quiver to +1, but it's only ~50% ailment dmg when they're blinded. It's got a mechanic built in and I see you've got a blind jewel but there's nothing else I'm missing, right? Essentially if I get hit and create a smoke cloud they'll take more damage or I need to get a blind jewel for bosses that I don't want to hit me?
i really recommend a blind on hit jewel if you use the quiver. it gives grgeat defences because enemies will miss you a lot. its great for bosses as well as generic mapping!
"
killed_myself wrote:
So Sacr0, this build is dead aswell as the inpulsa variant after 3.1?

depends on patch notes. if abyss stays in the game permanently or is available via zana, this build will be possible after 3.1
Last edited by Sacr0 on Jan 17, 2018, 10:08:58 PM
My Poet's Pen volatile dead version is working well so far

really easy leveling with dual poet's pen :)

---

Which Ascendancy node do you take last?
Last edited by CoolColJ on Jan 18, 2018, 7:06:26 PM
"
CoolColJ wrote:
My Poet's Pen volatile dead version is working well so far

really easy leveling with dual poet's pen :)

---

Which Ascendancy node do you take last?

Nice idea to level with the Pens instead of a bow. I usually would have said to go for "Nature's Adrenaline" last because of the already insane attack speed from Quill Rain, but it might help you more to get it earlier.
i noticed your hit chance only 85% (17xx), is it too low on high tier map?
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info