*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
vjru5zl0v3 wrote:
i noticed your hit chance only 85% (17xx), is it too low on high tier map?

its a bit low yeah but it works fine for me
Where does the info about the elemental poison mechanics from Volkuur's come from? Wiki says nothing, and I've got some questions about a hipster MS fire based build. It sounds like it has some odd interactions with burning damage, which doesn't come from the 'conversion' type stuff with fire causing poison?

Does anyone know definitively how it would work with mods like 'Enemies take X% increased Burning Damage', or 'X% More Bruning Damage', or where I could find out?
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Jan 19, 2018, 6:38:06 PM
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Where does the info about the elemental poison mechanics from Volkuur's come from? Wiki says nothing, and I've got some questions about a hipster MS fire based build. It sounds like it has some odd interactions with burning damage, which doesn't come from the 'conversion' type stuff with fire causing poison?

Does anyone know definitively how it would work with mods like 'Enemies take X% increased Burning Damage', or 'X% More Bruning Damage', or where I could find out?

poison inflicted by fire dmg has no interaction with burning damage. it does not work.
only %inc fire dmg, inc ele dmg, inc ele dmg with attacks, ele focus and ele overload will work.
burning is something different than poison.
I found something interesting for my Poet pen volatile dead version

this enchant on the helmet adds +5 to unearth corpse level

and Poet's pen adds +3 to Unearth level, at lv 75.
At first I used Added Fire to Unearth, but now I put in a lv 3 Empower

Which makes the corpse lv 90, and from what I read it has like 33+ k life

This makes the Volatile dead corpse explosion base fire damage much higher, so stronger poison.
Plus Unearth also has higher base physical damage at lv 25

The damage feels higher, but hard to tell how much actual DPS I do.
I can kill the boss in the act 10 Descerated chambers, with wither totem up in a few secs, about the same as my crit ball lightning Shimmeron Trapper, who has a 7k tooltip with cluster trap

Last edited by CoolColJ on Jan 19, 2018, 8:02:52 PM
"
Sacr0 wrote:
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:

poison inflicted by fire dmg has no interaction with burning damage. it does not work.
only %inc fire dmg, inc ele dmg, inc ele dmg with attacks, ele focus and ele overload will work.
burning is something different than poison.

That's what I thought, but I saw a reference to a burning damage support earlier. Good to be sure.
Which support gem would you remove in a 5 link clear setup?
vile toxins
"
CoolColJ wrote:
I found something interesting for my Poet pen volatile dead version

this enchant on the helmet adds +5 to unearth corpse level

and Poet's pen adds +3 to Unearth level, at lv 75.
At first I used Added Fire to Unearth, but now I put in a lv 3 Empower

Which makes the corpse lv 90, and from what I read it has like 33+ k life

This makes the Volatile dead corpse explosion base fire damage much higher, so stronger poison.
Plus Unearth also has higher base physical damage at lv 25

The damage feels higher, but hard to tell how much actual DPS I do.
I can kill the boss in the act 10 Descerated chambers, with wither totem up in a few secs, about the same as my crit ball lightning Shimmeron Trapper, who has a 7k tooltip with cluster trap

i was took a look at your charracter profile, and i think abyss jewel work not good with VD poet's pen, since the base dmg of VD really high, it scale better at %fire/%dot from normal jewel than some add fire dmg from abyss jewel (even with top tier roll)

Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
I tried this build and invested a lot of currency. But I am shocked how extremely squishy this build is. Glascannon is understatement!

This is my Gear:
Spoiler

I have 7 Jewels with flat Lightning Dmg as well. Not T1 but at least Lightning. The Dmg feels really mediocre ...
maloneye's is only worth it if you have either blind on hit or +1 arrow corrupted. blind on hit will give a lot of tankiness as well because with the high amount of as and hits we have, everything will be blinded. if you use taste of hate, which is great, you have to use a basalt flask as well for big phys mitigations.
jewels are where the dmg comes from. if you have bad rolls you wont deal dmg. you miss helmet+boot enchant. you have no acc on helmet and this might be a big issue if you dont have acc on jewels.
your coralitos flask has a bad roll, you can get it up to 75% inc poison duration. with pathfinder bonus, you can get like 15-20% more dmg from the flask alone if you get a better roll. dying sun also provides a lot of dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info