*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

I wonder how many pairs of lightning Volkuurs OP horded before posting to reddit ;)

Well, while this looked fun, it does not seem a good idea to do the build now. Would have to invest 20ex+ and once I am tired of the build after a week or two I will be able to sell at 5ex because the prices went back to normal :D

Great build though. Have you maybe tested pathing through Shadow area to Witch? On first glance it looks like it may be roughly the same or actually a bit more damage but with much more life available.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 15, 2018, 10:32:06 AM
"
engharat wrote:
Ice bite would be nice just for the frenzy charges, the added damage is not that much in comparisong with vile toxins
Anyway, I think it is the moment to chill a little our mind and our souls - having levelled with this build from the beginning (poison build at lvl 10!) and reached 90 now, I can tell you that this is not a magical build that thanks to volkuur will let you kill Shaper in 20c gear. It needs a serious investment on it before killing guardians and shaper; I have already put 20ex on it and still I cannot afford killing guardians.
The main issues are:
- You need a bunch of jewels with 2xT1 flat lightning dmg and T1 life/ES, occasionally with increased attack speed also, to do a reasonable damage on high tier maps.
- This is a squishy build that will always be squishier than a corresponding wander/bower with the same jewels and skill tree; the issue is not in the low ehp - you can reach 6.7k ehp giving up some damage as OP said - the issue is that our poison DPS is reached when on full poison stacks. If our poison last 3 secs, it means that at 1.5 sec we are at half of our full DPS. at 0.75sec we are at 1/4. What this means in practice is that when clearing trash mobs you are more vulnerable than a wander because a wander istantly kills the monsters, while with this build the monsters stay alive a fraction of time enough to hit and potentially kill you. I'm sitting at 6.5k ehp and still happen me to die randomly, esp. on abyss . I imagine this issue is share with any poison build atm; still, I will NEVER be able to carry a group on a poorjoy rota, just to say the first thing that come in my mind.

SO...I invested 20 ex of gear, preparing to spend another 6 ex for dying sun, and still I do not reach damage of OP setup, that has some marvellous 4 bonus jewels. I suppose a wander with 20 ex of gear can kill the same stuffs of me, but more reliable.
And THEN...you now have to pay 6 ex for volkuur?!
Well guys, I love this hipster build and I'll continue to develop it, but I suggest any of you that does not still have volkuur to wait for lower prices because the investement now is too high for the return.

I am not op but I was a bit shocked about the build didn't have enough dps for you. I made the build on pob with 5 T2 jewels and mediocre gear and the build still has around 750k dps without dying sun and with belly of the beast (With dying sun, its around 1 million though it should be lower as 15 stacks of wither is not reasonable most of the time.) I checked your character and thought that trickster was the fault here. Trickster simply doesn't have enough damage compare to pathfinder, not to mention the flask effectiveness nodes and jewel to add 1 more arrow with flask.

Now of course I haven't actually built it (too poor for gloves) so my knowledge is limited. I just want to see what's different so that I can build it correctly.
"
fx324 wrote:
Cool build. I have a gc miner that one shots shaper and atziri, but wanted a LOLCATZ build and this is it.

Had some currency so have been going to town snapping up lightning/life abyssals. Still have a long way to go in optimizing the gear. Any thoughts?

This is mainly for T13-T16 mapping and bosses. GC Miner for shaper/atziri/hotg/elder etc

i think lightpoacher is not that good for this build because we use coraltio's and have 30% less dmg with hits. you might be better off with rare acc/life helmets

i dont know if ice bite or added cold will be better than vile toxins on a cold build. really depends on how good the jewels are. the better the jewels, th worse is added cold/ice bite.

i will play a bit on PoB and see how the shadow/witch are version works out. currently i enjoy my mapping passive tree a lot. its actually really tanky.
from what i can tell for now, the shadow/witch area version deals way less dmg. a pob link for such a version with equal dps would be great

Last edited by Sacr0 on Jan 15, 2018, 2:39:20 PM
As posted on page 9 i guess my intention to switch from raider to this build is now ongoing.
I don't have the best jewels yet, but i guess they work out alltogether spend not more than 80c for them.

Currently i lack the dying sun and the 6L Quill and lots of flat life ..... somewhere.

But i achieved
that a moment ago, my first Vaal ever used o_o

So far it works quite good, ty for this build.
Hey mate, got a question for ya regarding the PoB setup. I've virtually got all the same gear but with somewhat weaker jewels and no 6l Dendo as of yet. But the dps feels a bit low and according to PoB is quite low as well. I transferred all my gear and set ascendancy/tree to the same on your PoB and somehow you still have about 2mil more dps even with my gear/jewels. Not sure where calculations went wrong.
your attack speed is a bit low. you dont have uber-lab yet and there's some room to improve your jewels.
try to get one jewel with %chance to blind on hit to get the 60% inc dmg from the quiver. attack speed (and as if crit recently) on jewels is great to have as 3. roll.
your char is only lvl 71 so there's a lot of room to improve it even if you skilled most dmg already.

your gems are not fully leveled and have no quality. quality on support gems will greatly boost the dmg.
i recommend using ice shot in your 5l setup for leveling, will greatly boost clearspeed.

you are missing boots+helmet enchant.
I need some leveling tree. What path first, second etc? First right-top for poison and acrobatic or left-bot or left-top?
"
Sacr0 wrote:
your attack speed is a bit low. you dont have uber-lab yet and there's some room to improve your jewels.
try to get one jewel with %chance to blind on hit to get the 60% inc dmg from the quiver. attack speed (and as if crit recently) on jewels is great to have as 3. roll.
your char is only lvl 71 so there's a lot of room to improve it even if you skilled most dmg already.

your gems are not fully leveled and have no quality. quality on support gems will greatly boost the dmg.
i recommend using ice shot in your 5l setup for leveling, will greatly boost clearspeed.

you are missing boots+helmet enchant.

Appreciate the response. Yeah I was just trying to figure some things out is all. I took your PoB layout and imported my character's tree and items over it and somehow it still showed your damage to be immensely higher than when I imported my character into a clean slate on PoB. Was just unsure what could have been causing that.
While your leveling section is quite helpful, you did not mention what clear skill to use. Barrage for single target is a no-brainer. But for clearing there are so many options and most of them are very bad for leveling as poison focused. I was just thinking that that is where many of the problems come from that some people are having.

The only option that does not convert a bunch of our physical damage into elemental damage is Split Arrow. Even if it has a low multiplier it is still better than losing 40-60% of our poison damage because of physical->elemental conversion. Until you use Volkuurs only physical and chaos damage scales the poison.

At level 16 switching from Split Arrow to Frenzy+LMP might be a good idea.

Also PPAD is a great support gem to use until we reach higher levels to use Vile Toxins. With level 18 we get 30% more damage with Poison at gem level 1. Also, the 30% more physical hit damage is noticeable a bit too.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 16, 2018, 1:03:47 PM
We need a jewel with blind to use mod from the quiver right ?

---------------****IGNORE JUST READ HE TALKING ABOUT THAT
Last edited by trzoor on Jan 16, 2018, 2:40:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info