*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

Last edited by Bannedmyself_ on Mar 2, 2020, 7:49:40 AM
hardcore viable? :)
"
killed_myself wrote:
Hey what do you think about this build with inpulsa's version for 3.2 that "prob" won't have abyssal jewels?
i'd like to do the inpulsa's shock explosion version for 3.2 with the lighning volkuur's gloves.

Same as many other builds, they came because of abyssal jewels, and will die the moment abyssal jewels are gone. This one too.

"
boycreep wrote:

No. While Thiefs Torment in combination with the insane attack speed is almost as good as the old VP, the life pool is too low to avoid the occasional one-shot due to random damage spikes while mapping.
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
killed_myself wrote:
Hey what do you think about this build with inpulsa's version for 3.2 that "prob" won't have abyssal jewels?
i'd like to do the inpulsa's shock explosion version for 3.2 with the lighning volkuur's gloves.

Same as many other builds, they came because of abyssal jewels, and will die the moment abyssal jewels are gone. This one too.

"
boycreep wrote:

No. While Thiefs Torment in combination with the insane attack speed is almost as good as the old VP, the life pool is too low to avoid the occasional one-shot due to random damage spikes while mapping.

if you build for hc, it will have less dmg but can be viable( 6,7k ehp, taste of hate, basalt flask==>see mapping setup PoB link)
Via this argument every build can be HC viable, making the question obsolete. I just highly doubt anybody could play this for hundreds of hours without dying. Bow builds themselves are already a bit questionable in HC, add to that, that even 6.7k EHP is not much and also that it is a DoT build instead of instant-kill, has no leech and I stand by saying it is a bad idea to play this in HC, at least for like 95% of the players. But sure, go for it if you really wanna do it, risk of dying is what makes HC fun and you will have that a lot here :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 17, 2018, 1:33:29 AM
thoughts about swapping out mirage archer for ele focus (or some other support for more damage)?
mirage archer is mostyl for fun and can be swapped out for ele focus or vile toxins. a 20/20 vile toxins is slightly better than 20/20 ele focus (at least on my build)
Maybe better with 2 rare ring width life, elem damage or accuraty and resist? Pathfinder can sustain life and mana from flask.
Last edited by xelax11 on Jan 17, 2018, 6:46:14 AM
i think thief's torment is best option. you'd have to sacrifice unique flasks for that, which sucks as pathfinder.
How can you be sure that this is working with elemental overload and other elemental increases ?

From 3.0 it was changed how poison works. Now it takes base damage only (chaos and physical) and is then increased separately by it's modifiers (dot, poison, ailments..)
You said that Volkuur adds dot to lightning but it doesn't. It only let's you use lightning damage as a base for poison along physical and chaos. But poison damage produced is still poison damage that means chaos/dot/ailment damage and that measn it should be only scaled the same way poison is scaled.

Can you provide some proof that Elemental Overload (and other ele increases) actually boosts poison damage produced?
Last edited by DAS13 on Jan 17, 2018, 8:34:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info