*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

man u drove up the price of volkuur lol! im glad i followed ur build early, now the lightning version is like 6ex+ for normal ones

and i have

Last edited by fx324 on May 21, 2018, 5:39:36 AM
well congratz on making a 6 chaos pair of gloves 6ex now .... if u wanted ppl to actually play this build you've done the exact opposite cause now nobody can afford to and all you've done now is line the pockets of the flippers .... nice build though
Last edited by Phoenixsteelflex on Jan 15, 2018, 5:15:38 AM
"
well congratz on making a 6 chaos pair of gloves 6ex now ....

Whoa, so happy I bought a pair for 6C the second I read about this build.

Level 70 now and started maps, you can really feel the clear difference between ice shot, tornado shot and lightning arrow. I'd say for now ice shot is the clear winner.

Once I get this to 90+ I intend to try some variations with the pure poison based version (as I've also got a 93 poison raider).

I am curious if there is any moment at which one skill with a single 6L would suffice? Got a 4L additional arrow quill rain and I'd like to fit in some more utility (golem for example).
Last edited by foojin on Jan 15, 2018, 5:26:50 AM
"
sivertry wrote:
man u drove up the price of volkuur lol! im glad i followed ur build early, now the lightning version is like 6ex+ for normal ones

and i have

Holy crap! I paid mine 5c just few days ago!
it is incredible how some build advertising can manipulate so strongly the market.
"
Sacr0 wrote:
the dmg with cold will be lower, but those temp chains gloves are awesome. i think you should be able to reach great amounts of dps too.

*edit*
i added another PoB link with a mapping tree/flask setup that seems fairly tanky. it uses taste of hate+basalt flask and make use of 5-5,1k hp and 1,7k unreserved mana

If i go cold damage instead of lightning do you think replacing Vile toxins with ice bite will give more damage? since it will add a lot flat cold damage? and do you think replacing Despair with Frostbite is a good idea? it will lower dmg but it will add some better deffence since everything will be frozen.
Last edited by Mayhem69 on Jan 15, 2018, 6:24:47 AM
"
Mayhem69 wrote:
"
Sacr0 wrote:
the dmg with cold will be lower, but those temp chains gloves are awesome. i think you should be able to reach great amounts of dps too.

*edit*
i added another PoB link with a mapping tree/flask setup that seems fairly tanky. it uses taste of hate+basalt flask and make use of 5-5,1k hp and 1,7k unreserved mana

If i go cold damage instead of lightning do you think replacing Vile toxins with ice bite will give more damage? since it will add a lot flat cold damage? and do you think replacing Despair with Frostbite is a good idea? it will lower dmg but it will add some better deffence since everything will be frozen.

added cold might be better if u wan to since u wont have high frenzy charge on this build. ice bite highh cold damge if u have lot of frenzy charge
Ice bite would be nice just for the frenzy charges, the added damage is not that much in comparisong with vile toxins
Anyway, I think it is the moment to chill a little our mind and our souls - having levelled with this build from the beginning (poison build at lvl 10!) and reached 90 now, I can tell you that this is not a magical build that thanks to volkuur will let you kill Shaper in 20c gear. It needs a serious investment on it before killing guardians and shaper; I have already put 20ex on it and still I cannot afford killing guardians.
The main issues are:
- You need a bunch of jewels with 2xT1 flat lightning dmg and T1 life/ES, occasionally with increased attack speed also, to do a reasonable damage on high tier maps.
- This is a squishy build that will always be squishier than a corresponding wander/bower with the same jewels and skill tree; the issue is not in the low ehp - you can reach 6.7k ehp giving up some damage as OP said - the issue is that our poison DPS is reached when on full poison stacks. If our poison last 3 secs, it means that at 1.5 sec we are at half of our full DPS. at 0.75sec we are at 1/4. What this means in practice is that when clearing trash mobs you are more vulnerable than a wander because a wander istantly kills the monsters, while with this build the monsters stay alive a fraction of time enough to hit and potentially kill you. I'm sitting at 6.5k ehp and still happen me to die randomly, esp. on abyss . I imagine this issue is share with any poison build atm; still, I will NEVER be able to carry a group on a poorjoy rota, just to say the first thing that come in my mind.

SO...I invested 20 ex of gear, preparing to spend another 6 ex for dying sun, and still I do not reach damage of OP setup, that has some marvellous 4 bonus jewels. I suppose a wander with 20 ex of gear can kill the same stuffs of me, but more reliable.
And THEN...you now have to pay 6 ex for volkuur?!
Well guys, I love this hipster build and I'll continue to develop it, but I suggest any of you that does not still have volkuur to wait for lower prices because the investement now is too high for the return.
Last edited by engharat on Jan 15, 2018, 7:40:29 AM
Thus price won't last...the gloves were 6c last week it's not rare enough to keep the 6ex price, just a grp of greedy people bought all of them to flip

On the other hand for budget version u can go fire, damage isn't that off from lightning,
How does this work with molten strike? Any suggestions for weapons? And what would the tree look like in that case? Can you do it as a shadow aswell?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info