[3.1] Windripper Currency Generator (FAQ included)

"
itsMartini wrote:
"
Yunojelly wrote:
How useful would a herald of ash be if i dont use inc burning dmg + swift affliction? Compared to a wrath

I just 6linked my queen, and have a 5l windripper with no gems in to use. Im thinking of putting my HoI + HoA in that with the CoH setup.

That frees 4 sockets up from one of the other item slots. (would make +1 vectors severely more cheaper to come by at current state) or open up a spell totem with frost bomb or whatever =)

Regards

Good luck getting int for wrath. Also, why would you link frost bomb to spell totem?

Currently wrath is sitting at lvl 17 or 18 actually. Its been an outright pain xD

At first glance it seemed like a good idea, to have it cast it continuously, if the cast speed is the same for frostbomb and spell totem respectively, it'd be much better with just a decoy totem instead of spell totem actually. otherwise its a decent dmg bonus.
Hello, I have some questions for those of you who are ahead of me in this build.

-> Tornado Shot vs Lightning arrow?

Would the 50% Phys to Lightning of LA be a worthwhile dps boost because we build for WED?
Or would it gimp my leech too much?

I'm wondering if the "Lightning arrow hits 2 additional enemies" enchant would be comparable to the +2TS one while costing a fraction of the price.

If I am only going to be doing Shaped Spider Forest (maybe Vault) is it important to get a 6L barrage or can TS +2 Enchant handle the boss with decent gear? Unless this is the case I'm not sure I can justify spending 20 ex for a Rat's / Starkonja +2.

-> Quivers

For the new shaper quivers would it be worthwhile buying a base and attempting to craft a good rare one? Would I be likely to spend more than the cost of a Rigwald's Quills before rolling a better quiver? The general consensus I am seeing on this topic is you need a decent +2 arrow shaper quiver or a very good +1 arrow quiver to outclass the Fork and 50% Proj from Quills.

-> Armor

Even after Qotf nerf it seems the way to go for absolute speed. How does it hold up on shaped vault? Is the evasion better for survivability than the life pool of a kaoms? Or would a yriel's be better to just try and dps the boss?

-> Belt & Gloves

If I can manage to fit a qty belt should I use Perandus Blazon or Bisco's Leash?
Is it worth corrupting Sadima's Touch for Elemental Weakness on hit? Would this too greatly affects power charge generation from our curse on hit setup?

Thanks a lot in advance for any replies.
Thoughts about using Volley as 6th link?

I've been using it and it seems to feel pretty good to have 7 arrows, 9 with dying sun up.
so still no one answered my question, can you freeze mobs using hearld of ash + ice ? cuz if u cant, u dont get quant bouns from windipper, thus making herald of ash useless, for me at least..
How do you deal with running out of mana?
"
DarkFantasies wrote:
Thoughts about using Volley as 6th link?

I've been using it and it seems to feel pretty good to have 7 arrows, 9 with dying sun up.

Seems like the extra couple arrows wouldn't be worth it over a damage multiplier.
"
massmudr wrote:
How do you deal with running out of mana?

Mana leech + mana gain on kill from Assassin's Mark.
"
mm14 wrote:
so still no one answered my question, can you freeze mobs using hearld of ash + ice ? cuz if u cant, u dont get quant bouns from windipper, thus making herald of ash useless, for me at least..

This has been addressed before. You can still freeze.

My biggest question is, why does everyone think fire damage prevents mobs from being frozen?
"
xkw wrote:
Hello, I have some questions for those of you who are ahead of me in this build.

-> Tornado Shot vs Lightning arrow?

Would the 50% Phys to Lightning of LA be a worthwhile dps boost because we build for WED?
Or would it gimp my leech too much?

I'm wondering if the "Lightning arrow hits 2 additional enemies" enchant would be comparable to the +2TS one while costing a fraction of the price.

If I am only going to be doing Shaped Spider Forest (maybe Vault) is it important to get a 6L barrage or can TS +2 Enchant handle the boss with decent gear? Unless this is the case I'm not sure I can justify spending 20 ex for a Rat's / Starkonja +2.

-> Quivers

For the new shaper quivers would it be worthwhile buying a base and attempting to craft a good rare one? Would I be likely to spend more than the cost of a Rigwald's Quills before rolling a better quiver? The general consensus I am seeing on this topic is you need a decent +2 arrow shaper quiver or a very good +1 arrow quiver to outclass the Fork and 50% Proj from Quills.

-> Armor

Even after Qotf nerf it seems the way to go for absolute speed. How does it hold up on shaped vault? Is the evasion better for survivability than the life pool of a kaoms? Or would a yriel's be better to just try and dps the boss?

-> Belt & Gloves

If I can manage to fit a qty belt should I use Perandus Blazon or Bisco's Leash?
Is it worth corrupting Sadima's Touch for Elemental Weakness on hit? Would this too greatly affects power charge generation from our curse on hit setup?

Thanks a lot in advance for any replies.

Lightning arrow is worse. Leech doesn't care about damage type btw.

Fork is OP. I would rather have fork standalone than 1 additional arrow.

Yriel's is a good option for damage if you feel you're lacking. You will lose 75ms, res, and evasion. Good luck capping res without a tri-res chest.

Blazon and Leash are both good. Pick your favorite. Ele weak overwrites Assassin's Mark, so it's bad unless you have an additional curse.
Cool build. What are your thoughts on Mirage archer for the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info