3.5 Magic Find Windrippin Boi (Windripper LA/Barrage Raider)

"
gmandonnan wrote:
"
soilwork3r wrote:
the last sentence is wrong assumption, it is more profitable to just alch and go - first you spend less time buying chisels/sextants (there is no way you are going to sustain them yourself)
secondly key of burialing is just massing them, sextant and chisels raise the cost of map drastically. From 1c per map(alch and go) to around 4c (chisels are currently 2.3 per c, and sextants usually have good outcome in 70% of chances).
so overally its not worth to pay 4 times more per map. chisel and sextants prices are way too high for t3//t8 burials, they are useful for red maps

maybe one "good" use of sextants is when you alch maps in bulk of 100 find those with 60+iiq and good pack and use sextants on them, i tried to do this for a while but it takes way too long prepareing those maps

sextanting is definitely worth it when you hit a beyond map and then sextant for extra mobs as this will double dip into extra beyond mobs thereby increaseing the returns per sextant. chiseling is less worth it with such low map tiers but they increase returns, not necessarily profit though.

but this is what i partially covered - sextant maps with high iiq, problem is it takes a lot of time and micromanagement with sextanting. Profit per map is higher (so is the map cost) but overally profit per hour is going to be lower because you lose time for things like buying sextants, finding good maps to use etc.
and about chiseling i think it actually decreases profit - you pay 1.6 per map for 20 iiq while on average returns per map are around 3c so boosting it by 20% isn't worth paying 1.6c.
chiseling and sextanting might be good at the start of the league while chisel is like 6per 1c and white sextants are under 1c, but during that time of the league running red maps is bigger profit than chaining burials
Last edited by soilwork3r on Sep 21, 2018, 4:46:58 PM
Build felt decent and really enjoyable to run up until high yellow/low red maps, as well as some delve rooms(Exile encounters especially since some can have undodgeable attacks.) and bosses. Relying solely on dodge and 5k hp is prone to just being crit down, especially as the life leech isn't instantly applied. Given that the damage output was incredible, i'd recommend anyone else struggling to remove wrath for the time being and instead use Blasphemy with Enfeeble, though Temp Chains is also viable. This way I was still getting power charges from packs outside of my blasphemy range, whilst providing me a nice failsafe for more dangerous rares/exiles/bosses.

Edit: Having tried uber lab multiple times, i'm not entirely sure it's possible unless you get a really good lab. Even replacing MF gear with health I sat at 5.7k, which is one-shot territory still.
Last edited by Thejimmylad on Sep 22, 2018, 11:14:31 PM
What's the change if I use Tornado Shot instead?
You're so full of shit Gman :V (this guide is pretty good)
I transitioned to this build as my 2nd build in Delve after making some cash and starting a ranger.

I'm having mana problems at level 48 running the lightning arrow (barrage) version.

What should I take to help combat that until later on?

TY in advance.
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
"
rsalty wrote:
I transitioned to this build as my 2nd build in Delve after making some cash and starting a ranger.

I'm having mana problems at level 48 running the lightning arrow (barrage) version.

What should I take to help combat that until later on?

TY in advance.

leech is not enough at such a low level since you dont do enough damage, I would recommend using thief's torment to sustain it since it is not based on your damage but rather just hitting.
egg
Thank you will do.
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
Hey there! So I tried this build as my first mf-build ever and yea if you got enough money, it works great! So as a leaguestarter I wouldnt recommend this at all :D
Played a totem build as starter and farmed the must have "low budget" version of this build in a few days. Didnt play that much after collecting my first items, but I just wanted to share my gear.

Spoiler

Thanks for the amazing build! btw: The gear was build from around 14ex.
"
flotos wrote:
Hi, i will soon buy an item quantity support, and i'd like to know where to place it first. Is it better on the lightning arrow links or on the herald of ice one ?

Sorry to bump my post but i did not find my answer on global chat / reddit. Anyone knows ?
"
flotos wrote:
"
flotos wrote:
Hi, i will soon buy an item quantity support, and i'd like to know where to place it first. Is it better on the lightning arrow links or on the herald of ice one ?

Sorry to bump my post but i did not find my answer on global chat / reddit. Anyone knows ?

It will give you more effectiveness in the lightning arrow but less damage so it will only feel good in the LA if you're running low tier maps or you have very good jewels.
egg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info