3.5 Magic Find Windrippin Boi (Windripper LA/Barrage Raider)

"
Kyosin wrote:
Hi i was wondering whether i should upgrade my 6 link tornadoshot or my +2 projectiles on my helm. im not needing any single target DPS atm just clear speed im farming t3 burials and is there anyway to get the breaches zana mod i looked it up and couldnt find anything about it. im in delve

If you're oneshotting mobs already on a 5link then a 6link is not necessary and so a +2 secondary projectiles helm would be better. Breach is no longer a zana mod to my knowledge.
egg
how do u have 70+% crit in pob while i have the same staff and i have only around 50 % with also the exact same increased % ???
Last edited by whitedeath3 on Sep 20, 2018, 7:57:31 AM
Hey there I used 6L Rain of Arrows+The tempest+Hyrris demise+Prismweave+Thiefs torment ofc. for lvling and it was insanely easy. I tried lvling with your recommended style but that was just... cancer lol.

Trust me, if you go rain of arrows while lvling it's a BIG difference.
Last edited by NameMerken on Sep 20, 2018, 10:36:51 AM
I've noticed that although my clear speed is okay, my accuracy is really low (80% hit chance). On a single target that seems to me that I am losing around 20% of my potential DPS since one out of five arrows is going to miss. Is that a real problem? If so, how do I improve my accuracy rating without messing up with the rest of the build?

Also, what is the expected gains of a single BC run? I'm getting around 2c per run total, some give lot more, some give nothing at all.
Last edited by gabrieltaets on Sep 20, 2018, 11:58:17 AM
HH or +2 arrows for TS or a good jewel im trying to get the next step up for damage so if you are willing to look at my gear and jewels could u tell me what i should go for next? i dont need any single target DPS atm
"
gabrieltaets wrote:
I've noticed that although my clear speed is okay, my accuracy is really low (80% hit chance). On a single target that seems to me that I am losing around 20% of my potential DPS since one out of five arrows is going to miss. Is that a real problem? If so, how do I improve my accuracy rating without messing up with the rest of the build?

Also, what is the expected gains of a single BC run? I'm getting around 2c per run total, some give lot more, some give nothing at all.

High accuracy is very difficult to get for a windripper character since it uses almost exclusively uniques so only jewels and helmet can have accuracy (and amulet if you're using a shaper quantity amulet) and accuracy is ok but pure damage is often a lot better since each investment in a high accuracy roll is 3 or 4% hit chance at most and it has diminishing returns.

I haven't done the maths on my average gains in burial chambers but it is pretty much directly proportional to your quantity and the quantity on the maps you roll (so using chisels or not, sextants, etc.) 2c seems fairly low since doctors and ex (along with the occasional high unique) boost the average profit by a decently large amount
egg
"
Kyosin wrote:
HH or +2 arrows for TS or a good jewel im trying to get the next step up for damage so if you are willing to look at my gear and jewels could u tell me what i should go for next? i dont need any single target DPS atm

Headhunter is the best thing for clearing in the game so that for sure if you can afford it is the best but +2 tornado shot projectiles is also very good for clear, jewels only give you damage and no clear speed really (other than ones with movement speed)
egg
Hi, i will soon buy an item quantity support, and i'd like to know where to place it first. Is it better on the lightning arrow links or on the herald of ice one ?

"
gmandonnan wrote:
"
gabrieltaets wrote:

High accuracy is very difficult to get for a windripper character since it uses almost exclusively uniques so only jewels and helmet can have accuracy (and amulet if you're using a shaper quantity amulet) and accuracy is ok but pure damage is often a lot better since each investment in a high accuracy roll is 3 or 4% hit chance at most and it has diminishing returns.

I haven't done the maths on my average gains in burial chambers but it is pretty much directly proportional to your quantity and the quantity on the maps you roll (so using chisels or not, sextants, etc.) 2c seems fairly low since doctors and ex (along with the occasional high unique) boost the average profit by a decently large amount

the last sentence is wrong assumption, it is more profitable to just alch and go - first you spend less time buying chisels/sextants (there is no way you are going to sustain them yourself)
secondly key of burialing is just massing them, sextant and chisels raise the cost of map drastically. From 1c per map(alch and go) to around 4c (chisels are currently 2.3 per c, and sextants usually have good outcome in 70% of chances).
so overally its not worth to pay 4 times more per map. chisel and sextants prices are way too high for t3//t8 burials, they are useful for red maps

maybe one "good" use of sextants is when you alch maps in bulk of 100 find those with 60+iiq and good pack and use sextants on them, i tried to do this for a while but it takes way too long prepareing those maps
Last edited by soilwork3r on Sep 21, 2018, 10:01:50 AM
"
soilwork3r wrote:
the last sentence is wrong assumption, it is more profitable to just alch and go - first you spend less time buying chisels/sextants (there is no way you are going to sustain them yourself)
secondly key of burialing is just massing them, sextant and chisels raise the cost of map drastically. From 1c per map(alch and go) to around 4c (chisels are currently 2.3 per c, and sextants usually have good outcome in 70% of chances).
so overally its not worth to pay 4 times more per map. chisel and sextants prices are way too high for t3//t8 burials, they are useful for red maps

maybe one "good" use of sextants is when you alch maps in bulk of 100 find those with 60+iiq and good pack and use sextants on them, i tried to do this for a while but it takes way too long prepareing those maps

sextanting is definitely worth it when you hit a beyond map and then sextant for extra mobs as this will double dip into extra beyond mobs thereby increaseing the returns per sextant. chiseling is less worth it with such low map tiers but they increase returns, not necessarily profit though.
egg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info