[3.11] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

"
Malarkuss wrote:
Great Guide!

I plan on starting the league with this build and running with a friend but I have a few questions since this is my first time playing a support build.

You mention that we should only switch to full support around level 70, why is that? I've seen other builds mention they can switch as early as level 24 - This is not a jab at your build I just want to better understand the build and what it requires to perform.

Is it possible to fit Vigilant Strike+The Vigil into the build?

Also, are there any changes you'd make for SC?

If you have a carry, you can basically switch earlier. Thing is, that first on lvl 70 you get all required Uniques and Passives to be able to run the most important auras.
In lower lvls you can support your carry with 2-3 Auras, Elemental Equilibrium and a curse.
Yup you can run The Vigil with Vigiliant Strike, it will sacrifice some mana but that's fine.
For SC you could specc more to speed.. Like getting movement/attack speed instead of some ES nodes for example. So it's easier to follow the carry.

"
cloudscraper wrote:

Do you happen to have this kind of hybrid playstyle linked anywhere, or talked about previously, in this topic?
I also felt like only using defensive auras and offensive ones which are viable for the build I will support + curses on hit with whispers of doom!

Mmh I don't think I did, because it's a really sketchy playstyle (quite rippy) and not satisfying. It's doable but you loose so much potential.. Would mostly use Offensive auras + Discipline.. that will give the best outcome.
Is the Ascendant (NecroGuardian) version of this still working in 3.7?

I'm interested in running dual curse (Enfeeble + Temp Chains) and just trying to figure out the pros/cons of going Ascendant instead of Templar.
"
Chibiwong wrote:
Is the Ascendant (NecroGuardian) version of this still working in 3.7?

I'm interested in running dual curse (Enfeeble + Temp Chains) and just trying to figure out the pros/cons of going Ascendant instead of Templar.

Ascendant is still working, but not recommended on a bduget.. If I would play Ascendant, I would surely go CI and stack at least 10 jewels with reduced mana reserved + reduced mana reserved amulet (shaped) + reduced mana reserved shield (shaped) and a hubris with reduced mana reservation enchantment and reduced mana reserved. That's something what is achievable like 1-2 weeks in the league.
The current version of Necromancer is doable, but you are better going with Guardian (way more safer, easier to stack more auras).
How many links do we need on the Victario's Influence?

To start off can I just go 6s with no links at all?

At what point would I be looking to link it up and to how many?

**EDIT: Also I noticed there isn't any info about what Jewels to use. What are your starter recommendations -> moving into late game?
Last edited by Chibiwong on Jun 9, 2019, 2:15:44 AM
"
Chibiwong wrote:
How many links do we need on the Victario's Influence?

To start off can I just go 6s with no links at all?

At what point would I be looking to link it up and to how many?

**EDIT: Also I noticed there isn't any info about what Jewels to use. What are your starter recommendations -> moving into late game?

Not the guide maker but I'm pretty sure the only benefit you get from linking your gems in your victario's is to connect them all into an enlighten/empower gem.

Last edited by MarkusMalarkus on Jun 9, 2019, 9:35:23 AM
"
- Gloves: Stone Golem + Animate Guardian + Minion Life + Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance

Is the Minion resist Gem really needed since you have all puritys on? Isnt the base resist for a minion flat 40%?

And is this the best gem setup to use or can I provide a more offensive way for my friends?

Last edited by misakuros on Jun 12, 2019, 5:24:21 AM
the level 100 tree has 3 6% es nodes. if you take utmost intellect (the big int cluster) you get around 300 es more according to pob.
how does this build deal with chaos dmg?
IGN: hyrenfreak
"
hyrenfreak wrote:

For me at capped res its fine, just stay awake
"
DTBA wrote:
"
hyrenfreak wrote:

For me at capped res its fine, just stay awake

makes sense, also what about maybe having a curse, how would i fit it in the build?
IGN: hyrenfreak

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info