[3.11] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

Hi,

Can anyone explain me why my watcher's eye with roll:
"Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity"
does not grant me alot of extra ES?
I mean even a simple healty mind jewel gives me ALOT more ES...
And yes i'm running clarity.
IGN: RnJezusIsWithMe
"
Reetman wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone explain me why my watcher's eye with roll:
"Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity"
does not grant me alot of extra ES?
I mean even a simple healty mind jewel gives me ALOT more ES...
And yes i'm running clarity.

They removed the previous Clarity Watcher's Eye bug, which made it completely broken.
Before it granted you only flat es. Now it only grants you flat es based on your base mana. All your increases to mana are only counted as final es -> doesn't scale with inc energy shield.
Since you dont have much base mana, but a lot of inc mana, it doesn't scale well.

It scales really well with mana guardian for example, because he has tons of base mana.
Now with 3.3 and normal gem effect being part of the vaal version, has this changed the setup in anyway?

I am about to starting my first aurabot, and found this as the most recent updated.

And how important is the quality on vaal versions, should I spend currency on this, or just go with the q10~ I already found?
Hello, would anyone know why I only have 3k mana?? I can't seem to get enough for my last aura Hatred. If anyone could give me some suggestions, that would be great.
"
dkdunk wrote:
Now with 3.3 and normal gem effect being part of the vaal version, has this changed the setup in anyway?

I am about to starting my first aurabot, and found this as the most recent updated.

And how important is the quality on vaal versions, should I spend currency on this, or just go with the q10~ I already found?

This didn't change much after all. The uptime of vaal skills is worse. You could save a gem socket by using vaaling skills, for example vaal haste in prism guardian. You can get corrupted jewels with 1% reduced mana reservation.
Besides, there are no important changes.

"
Maguthius wrote:
Hello, would anyone know why I only have 3k mana?? I can't seem to get enough for my last aura Hatred. If anyone could give me some suggestions, that would be great.

If you make your profile (characters) public, then I could check your character and help you.
Hey. Got a few new friends playing this League so thinking about starting my first ever support character.
The biggest two guides I can find are yours and the "Jesus: Tanky Aurasupport" guide by Karunga.
Looking at them (from someone with zero experience with this role, atleast) they look very similar, could anyone here (preferably OP) help me understand the difference between the two?
Thanks in advance.
"
iQiix wrote:
Hey. Got a few new friends playing this League so thinking about starting my first ever support character.
The biggest two guides I can find are yours and the "Jesus: Tanky Aurasupport" guide by Karunga.
Looking at them (from someone with zero experience with this role, atleast) they look very similar, could anyone here (preferably OP) help me understand the difference between the two?
Thanks in advance.

Since I answered this question already 3 months ago, I will just copy you the old answer (this answer is based on his support build 3 months ago, I don't know if he changed something):

I checked this guide and it's more expensive (Presence Of Chayula) and offers less defenses and speed for yourself.
You are not affected by Purities and Haste -> Elemental Damage (which is way more relevant than physical damage) would kill you very fast. In opposite, he has a lot of mitigation vs physical damage, which is in my opinion not really important. Using Iron Reflexes makes you extremely squishy, because the stacking of armour is inefficient. This way you loose all your evasion, so you cant evade elemental attacks anymore -> not evading elemental attacks + only 75% resistances -> Very squishy.
In addition, my build is going for a decent mana pool of around 5k, so you offer a better survivability to your party mates and to yourself (you need only really cheap gear to get over 9k ES on high lvls).

I tried a Guardian with full armour stacking once 1-2 years ago and it was terrible compared to an evasion based support.

I'm not saying that his support is bad.. I'm just saying that he's playing it in a different way.
His support is adding some armour and a bit higher resistances for his team, but gives way less Energy Shield and costs way more to build it properly.
Personally, I would never try to play a Support with Iron Reflexes and Purities on Generosity again, but that's just my opinion.
Small update in my build. Using two jewels with the new implicit I mananged to sneak another curse with enfeeble on Victarios. Also changed the tree a bit to get some extra jewels since I am planning to have 3 grand spectrum jewels ( I need at least 1 with the new corruption to keep my auras ).

Just bought the Chayula helmet and now I have 10.4k Energy shield with 1.1k life. I am also running a corruscating elixir but I just use it for bosses who I know deal a lot of Chaos damage in the case I get hit too much but its not really necessary. Even without the amulet I still have 8.5k ES which is nice.

Overall I still have much work to do, since I dont even have the auras or even the purities at lvl21 and have not bought any support item with the new corruptions, but this build has a lot of potential. The only thing I am careful of is physical damage since I am only at 40-45% reduction.

In the end I dont know If I am considered a mana guardian since I just have 4k mana, but in the case of supporting ES builds I give a ton of ES.

Overall fantastic build. Thanks!
"
Korrikalari wrote:
Small update in my build. Using two jewels with the new implicit I mananged to sneak another curse with enfeeble on Victarios. Also changed the tree a bit to get some extra jewels since I am planning to have 3 grand spectrum jewels ( I need at least 1 with the new corruption to keep my auras ).

Just bought the Chayula helmet and now I have 10.4k Energy shield with 1.1k life. I am also running a corruscating elixir but I just use it for bosses who I know deal a lot of Chaos damage in the case I get hit too much but its not really necessary. Even without the amulet I still have 8.5k ES which is nice.

Overall I still have much work to do, since I dont even have the auras or even the purities at lvl21 and have not bought any support item with the new corruptions, but this build has a lot of potential. The only thing I am careful of is physical damage since I am only at 40-45% reduction.

In the end I dont know If I am considered a mana guardian since I just have 4k mana, but in the case of supporting ES builds I give a ton of ES.

Overall fantastic build. Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback! :)

I wouldn't really consider this build as a mana guardian, more like a Guardian support with a huge ES aura haha.

Did you check in Path of Building if Grand Spectrums are worth it? I'm not sure if they are better than Healthy Minds.
Yeah, maybe they were but I wanted to buff the amount of ES I give with the ascendancy, without hurting my life, I am at 1050life only and dont want to reduce it more, since I am doing high tier maps and I want to be careful.

Been a couple of days trying to buy either a Vigil or a GrandSpectrum with the corrupt implicit but they are a couple of ex, so thats gonna take way longer than I expected.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info