[3.11] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

Toaster404
Hi, ty for this build guide!
Any thoughts on 3.2 Guardian ascendancy changes?
Do you think it's a buff for our support?
"
TheLelik wrote:
Toaster404
Hi, ty for this build guide!
Any thoughts on 3.2 Guardian ascendancy changes?
Do you think it's a buff for our support?

Heyhey! :)

It is a buff indeed, although it's a minor buff.

Now you could actually think about going for Bastion Hope. Block and a solid stun immunity is really good. But, in the end it depends on your party, if it's worth it or not.

The charge generation of Harmony of Purpose won't do much. Actually I'm not sure if I would replace Harmony of Purpose with Bastion Hope. Both nodes are decent.

Summing up, the support works as good as before and maybe a bit better.
Hello mate, long time no see.

Coming back for the new league after playing your supp build (was really great). But I have a question ...

How do you deal with the chaos resistance when you go for the guardian as a league starter ? Because finding the proper gear at the start can be kinda difficult (I'm unlucky af).

And really low chaos res with low life sounds dangerous af.

Any thoughts ?
Last edited by Vaskaliev on Feb 26, 2018, 1:20:36 PM
"
Vaskaliev wrote:
Hello mate, long time no see.

Coming back for the new league after playing your supp build (was really great). But I have a question ...

How do you deal with the chaos resistance when you go for the guardian as a league starter ? Because finding the proper gear at the start can be kinda difficult (I'm unlucky af).

And really low chaos res with low life sounds dangerous af.

Any thoughts ?

Hey :)

That's actually not that difficult.

I played these kind of builds often as league starter, and got always 65+% chaos res, as soon as I got my Prism Guardian.
You have to remember, that the Prism Guardian is really expensive at the start, so you won't have it very early one.
At that stage, there will be already accessories etc with chaos res available. In worst case you can use Jewels for chaos res.
Will be using your build as a base and mix in aspects of my previous necro build for 3.2, the necro nerfs really tipped the scale for me, reducing effectiveness of bone offering, no chaos resistance etc.

It'll be interesting to test and see if the charge generation works out well with shield charge!

"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
Will be using your build as a base and mix in aspects of my previous necro build for 3.2, the necro nerfs really tipped the scale for me, reducing effectiveness of bone offering, no chaos resistance etc.

It'll be interesting to test and see if the charge generation works out well with shield charge!

Yea, I have seen the Necro nerfs and thought exactly the same.. There is nearly no reason anymore to go for Necromancer. :/

I doubt that the charge generation will do anything, since you barely hit mobs with shield charge (except your carry is very slow).

Let me know, how it works out! :)
Hi! I'm looking at playing an aurabot in HC for 3.2 starting on friday and going hard. I never started a fresh league as a first character support.

Even though this build requires few cheap uniques, I'm concerned that by the time I'll be lvl 70 (in a few hours) or a bit above, there won't be any of these uniques I can cheaply buy. How do I approach this?

I don't want to swap to support at lvl 70 and have some very low ES and low chaos res! I ain't here to die!

Help?
Next two questions.

If we're looking at pure safety, I think a enfeeble curse would go farther than some of the default auras. If we're looking at dps, I think ele weakness would probably top one of the dps auras. So since I'm not banking on running with a party with a curse, I'd like to look into the option of swapping in 1-2 of them.

Do you have a recommendation on how to do this? Else we could go with spell+curse on hit + curse (+curse). That would take less mana reservation, but yet another gem slot.

I'm considering dropping the warcry and Prayer of Glory for Bastion of hope. We don't need the charge generation due to the Harmony of Purpose buff. Thoughts on this vs dropping Harmony of Purpose? Or is Prayer of Glory significantly better than Harmony of Purpose?
(dropping the warcry would give us one of the gem slots needed for Question #1)

So Scion's 3.2 Ascendant changes are up. It gets both Necromancer's attack/cast speed buffs and Guardian's physical reduction on its auras, among other benefits. Would you then recommend a Scion aura support for HC? Or is Guardian still the best choice?
"
Larenak wrote:
Hi! I'm looking at playing an aurabot in HC for 3.2 starting on friday and going hard. I never started a fresh league as a first character support.

Even though this build requires few cheap uniques, I'm concerned that by the time I'll be lvl 70 (in a few hours) or a bit above, there won't be any of these uniques I can cheaply buy. How do I approach this?

I don't want to swap to support at lvl 70 and have some very low ES and low chaos res! I ain't here to die!

Help?

There is nearly no way you get the uniques already at lvl 70. I got my full equip most of the times in the mid 80ies and that was always fine.
You will play support from lvl 70+, but you won't be able to use as many auras without the uniques.
Just use auras, your group profits the most, like Wrath or Anger.. Probably Discipline for yourself.. maybe some Purities and Vaal Haste of course.
Once you get all the items, you will offer a lot higher bonus (but youre not useless without the items).

You're right, that you will be a bit squishy till you get everything. That's why you stay hybrid. You will run around with 2-3k life (take care with chaos damage) and 4-5k es. That's fine if you play carefully.

"
Archangel1337 wrote:
Next two questions.

If we're looking at pure safety, I think a enfeeble curse would go farther than some of the default auras. If we're looking at dps, I think ele weakness would probably top one of the dps auras. So since I'm not banking on running with a party with a curse, I'd like to look into the option of swapping in 1-2 of them.

Do you have a recommendation on how to do this? Else we could go with spell+curse on hit + curse (+curse). That would take less mana reservation, but yet another gem slot.

I'm considering dropping the warcry and Prayer of Glory for Bastion of hope. We don't need the charge generation due to the Harmony of Purpose buff. Thoughts on this vs dropping Harmony of Purpose? Or is Prayer of Glory significantly better than Harmony of Purpose?
(dropping the warcry would give us one of the gem slots needed for Question #1)

1. It makes sense to go for 1-2 curses, if you don't have anyone in your party who uses curses.
The easiest way is to drop a damage aura you dont need. Wander don't need Hatred for example. So you could easily swap in a Blasphemy and curse a second curse with a curse on hit setup.
Otherwise, you would need to the a reduced mana reservation enchantment on your Alpha's Howl or take "Champion of the Cause".
But, especially in the league start I would go with the first option.

2. That's actually a really difficult decision.
First of all, you should figure out, if your carries can generate power/frenzy charges on their own. If this is the case, you could drop Harmony of Purpose. Then you could still generate endurance charges with enduring cry, but only need to use Conduit.
If your carries cant generate charges on their own, I would probably drop Prayer of Glory (since the speed buff is kinda unreliable).
And yea, Bastion of Hope is worth it in most cases and a really good node overall.

"
motevo wrote:
So Scion's 3.2 Ascendant changes are up. It gets both Necromancer's attack/cast speed buffs and Guardian's physical reduction on its auras, among other benefits. Would you then recommend a Scion aura support for HC? Or is Guardian still the best choice?

Scion's Ascendant is actually always better than Necromancer support, but in my opinion worse than Guardian.
As Scion, there is no way you can use Alpha's Howl, except you're going for Presence of Chayula instantly, or want to play with 5k es. So you would loose a lot of benefits the Guardian offered (easier to get fully geared, better travelling in tree, nice scaling potential with mana).

Summing up, you would gain like 50% speed maybe, but loose tons of ES, regen (couldnt use animated guardian with scion), and the war cry node or a lot of block. In addition, you loose flat armour.

The question is, if you want to go for full damage, or if you prefer a smoother playstyle. Scion will be a bit more clunky than Guardian, because of all the downsides. I don't think, that the attack/cast speed is worth it @ HC. On Softcore Scion may have a way better state, but is in my opinion still worse.

Actually, I would rather go for Occultist than Scion as Aurabot any day. Occultist is better in every way (so you would drop 2-3 auras, but gain 3 curses as blasphemy).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info