[3.1] [Blade flurry] 1 Ex budget frost blades / Blade flurry build, all content viable

"
anton2k4 wrote:
I personally feel that the build doesn't need an abyssus to shine as long as you have the right jewels and accessories.

I think no1 build need Abyssus til VP was nerfed. I play without Abby and feel not a very good with my gear. Particulary blame on me because im not aalocate Dodge cluster. But, with Dodge, what Wraeclast do with me during i wear Abyssus?
"
anton2k4 wrote:
for those with survivability problems, make sure that when you're running an abyssus, you have a lightning coil and an enfeeble blasphemy setup. otherwise, you will be squishy thanks to the lack of a life roll from the abyssus and the increased damage taken. I personally feel that the build doesn't need an abyssus to shine as long as you have the right jewels and accessories.

Yeah i might swap it out once I get more & better jewels. I just have two right now. Need some damage rings too. I am wearing an abyss chest with some phys to lightning, but its ev is kinda low. I am admittedly running Assassins Mark curse on hit over enfeeble though.
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Feb 3, 2018, 3:43:41 PM
I have been looking at regearing to drop Abyssus as well, I'll give that a shot and see if it makes a difference. I am running Light Coil on a 5 link for my FB but even with that I just hurt all over. I have a Starkonja that I'll work with and see if that helps. Thanks
Hi! I'm new at my level 70s and this is my gear. Can you give me some ideas to improve my gear for further game? And which helmet can we use instead of an Abyssus? I use Belly of Beast as a chest armor and I don't feel very comfortable using an Abyssus with it. Should I use a Starkonja or a rare helmet with some resistance and accuracy would be enough? Thanks in advance!
"
swllyra wrote:
Hi! I'm new at my level 70s and this is my gear. Can you give me some ideas to improve my gear for further game? And which helmet can we use instead of an Abyssus? I use Belly of Beast as a chest armor and I don't feel very comfortable using an Abyssus with it. Should I use a Starkonja or a rare helmet with some resistance and accuracy would be enough? Thanks in advance!

So with herald of ash, you dont need the chance to ignite. Use Increased Crit damage instead for both attack abilities. Most of us have swapped from FB to Wild Strike, and change multi strike to ruthlessness as well.

Your rings need some life on them.

Given you're in the 70s i reckon you're doing lower maps? I admittedly didn't use this build at that point, but you can probably use abyssus fairly safely, so long as you get your life up a bit. You have the enfeeble setup which is good.

I also dropped arctic armor for hatred now, really helps the DPS. Make sure you have the one mana leech node on the bottom right area first, otherwise 25% pool will be hard.

Also be sure you pick up the flasks. Lions Roar & Atziris are both pretty cheap and really help damage.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
swllyra wrote:

So with herald of ash, you dont need the chance to ignite. Use Increased Crit damage instead for both attack abilities. Most of us have swapped from FB to Wild Strike, and change multi strike to ruthlessness as well.

Your rings need some life on them.

Given you're in the 70s i reckon you're doing lower maps? I admittedly didn't use this build at that point, but you can probably use abyssus fairly safely, so long as you get your life up a bit. You have the enfeeble setup which is good.

I also dropped arctic armor for hatred now, really helps the DPS. Make sure you have the one mana leech node on the bottom right area first, otherwise 25% pool will be hard.

Also be sure you pick up the flasks. Lions Roar & Atziris are both pretty cheap and really help damage.

I made some changes regarding your advice. You can check it from my character. On the other hand, I've started to use wildstrike. It almost hits anything. I can see that it has more dps than frost blades but it takes a while to kill the monsters with wildstrike. What might be the problem with it? Should i need more damage on my gear? I haven't bought an Abyssus yet, I'm waiting until i can afford an elder body armor. Thanks!
I neglected the elder body armor for a while, as well as enfeeble. My main bane in tier 11 maps was the abyssal monsters. Abyssus is fairly inexpesnive, can pick one up to see if it helps you move along.

Getting to mid 80s will also grant you a number of passive points to pick up the remaining nodes, which will boost your damage.

I'm also running two Oro's, so i have both abilities six linked.

Importing your character into POB I see about 21k dps from Bladeflurry, and just under 18k for frost blades (i guess site isnt updated for wild strike yet). Once you get the remaining passives, and 6 link both abilities you should be improving quite a bit. Not to mention uber lab. The jewels & good rings help damage a lot. Rings are expensive though, i still need to find better ones myself.
Very strong build, and I'm reading you guys with attention !
I did notice myself that I was clearing a bit less fast with Wild Strike instead of Frost Blades. Maybe it's a matter of preference/playstyle.

I can confirm that two Oni is definitely a good option as it lets us a lot of room for other gems and setups on our gear.

I have a question about the "damage taken as % elemental damage" on the chest, does it have to be lightning or it can be some other elemental damage ?
Last edited by DoYouEvenPrayz on Feb 5, 2018, 8:58:59 AM
I'm having a problem regarding survivability. I'm currently level 79 and be able to do tier 6 maps. However when I enter lab traps for ascendancy, I die quite often especially in Stinging Doubt. I tried to do it about 20 times and couldn't even make it to the end. Any suggestions will be appreciated! This is my gear atm:

Just stop play this build and smile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info